DUFF, GILBY, ETC AND "SURPRISE A-LIST SINGER" TO PERFORM ON NOVEMBER 03 IN LA

• 3 weeks later...

every time i see dave navarhoe on a poster i feel the urge to punch a baby in the face.

Everytime i see Dave Navarro i see Dj Ashba.

holy shit :blink::blink::blink:

He's a little less cringey and he's a very good guitar player. I'd have had dave in the band over DJ... although Navarro is supposed to be a giant asshole, he'd fit right in ;)

Is Billy Idol A list? I mean I know he's a big name but I don't think keeping him a surprise would be that much of a big deal. It's a "holy shit" moment if you're there and he walks out but other than that?

A List : Jagger, Vedder, Axl, Brian Johnson, David Gilmore, Steven Tyler

B List : Billy Idol, mShadows, Corey Taylor, Rob Thomas, Darius Rucker, VR Era Weiland

C List : Bach, Myles Kennedy, Current Weiland

Shit List : Billy Idol is A List. If you choose to make such differences then neither Axl is A List.

If we're talking about singing alone there's no way he could be named among Paul Rodgers, Ronnie James Dio, Van Morrison. That's A List.

• Like 1

every time i see dave navarhoe on a poster i feel the urge to punch a baby in the face.

He's a little less cringey and he's a very good guitar player. I'd have had dave in the band over DJ... although Navarro is supposed to be a giant asshole, he'd fit right in ;)

Can't believe Axl tried to get Dave in the band several times in the past, but he never showed up.

I do like the guitar work on "Oh my god", though.

Edited by Maestro

Duff with Billy Idol -- White Wedding & Rebel Yell:

Billy seems to be REALLY into the performance

Fucking rocking just like he should

I have zero desire to see Billy play in some arena but Id pay good cash to see him, steven and the boys (specially if duff is with them) in such an intimate venue

lucky few who were there must have had a blast

:headbang:

PS... stupid question = is it matt sorum on guitar?

Edited by ludurigan

Why do people hate Navarro so much?

I'm not that familiar with his work as a guitar player.

But he hosts a tattoo reality show, and he comes across as a really friendly, sincere and pretty cool guy. He comes across as the exact opposite of a guy like DJ, or as a poseur.

Is he a douche bag in the rock world? On the show he seems like a really nice genuine dude.

But he hosts a tattoo reality show, and he comes across as a really friendly, sincere and pretty cool guy. He comes across as the exact opposite of a guy like DJ, or as a poseur.

Is he a douche bag in the rock world? On the show he seems like a really nice genuine dude.

I'm a tattooist matey, and to be honest.. when i see (and i speak on behalf of alot of the tattoo community) when i see his ass on tv judging other artists artwork.. we just can't believe it.. who the fuck is he to judge anything tattoo related?, motherfuckers got a bat symbol tattoo that stevie wonder probably did..

he's just wrong on so many levels.. a media whore.

I'm a tattooist matey, and to be honest.. when i see (and i speak on behalf of alot of the tattoo community) when i see his ass on tv judging other artists artwork.. we just can't believe it.. who the fuck is he to judge anything tattoo related?, motherfuckers got a bat symbol tattoo that stevie wonder probably did..

he's just wrong on so many levels.. a media whore.

Or maybe he enjoys the tattoo industry, enjoys being a TV host, and is making a good living doing it.

I'm not a hair dresser or barber, but I can tell a good haircut from a bad one.

So because he has what you feel is one bad tattoo, you and your buddies are outraged that he is host of a tattoo reality show?

And media who're......you do realize that he makes his living by being in the public eye. Right? Besides Axl Rose, the majority of musicians alive enjoy being in the spotlight. It's one of the main reasons they become musicians. They aren't performing in front of 20,000 people a night and doing Rolling Stone interviews because they don't want any media attention.

You say it's wrong on so many levels. But you only listed two really superficial ones. What are the big reasons?

Could you host a show and do a better job? The guy seems very friendly and thoughtful. He is well spoken. He seems to be the buffer between the other judges and constants when they start fighting and arguing. And he doesn't give the detailed critiques like the two other judges - he gives the more layman's view.

Like I said. I don't know anything about the guy as a person. Maybe he is known as a prick. But just watching him on this show, he seems like a cool guy.

A List : Jagger, Vedder, Axl, Brian Johnson, David Gilmore, Steven Tyler

B List : Billy Idol, mShadows, Corey Taylor, Rob Thomas, Darius Rucker, VR Era Weiland

C List : Bach, Myles Kennedy, Current Weiland

Shit List : Billy Idol is A List. If you choose to make such differences then neither Axl is A List.

If we're talking about singing alone there's no way he could be named among Paul Rodgers, Ronnie James Dio, Van Morrison. That's A List.

It's such a subjective thing in music. Billy Idol is a legend. You can easily make a case for him to be A-list

Axl is rock royalty for his voice, forget what he's put out volume wise.

Frankly, I never understood the appeal of Vedder. All he does is warble. Listen to any song they ever did, he warbles his voice. It's the most distinctive thing about his indistinctive voice that sounded like ever band that popped out around that time. Pearl Jam has always been one of those bands that you are "supposed to like" and you just keep your mouth shut when people start verbally sucking their dick in front of you because "everyone" thinks they are awesome, ergo they clearly are.