Rock in Rio 2011 Axl Rose maybe not such a disaster comparing to this

Back to Motley. That was fucking atrocious. I don't care how much you're getting paid, it takes a degree of shamelessness that I could only dream of to actually charge money for a show like that. Alice Cooper deserves a kick in the bollocks for accepting being their support act too. Even if Vince Neil could sing, there's no way that's right.

"wshhenummannaaummerr care. Derfermininabededert are you feeling good?"

Get in the fucking sea.

Axl sucked in 2014. Unless you're one of those "39 seconds of rasp in wttj" fans.

Sometimes it sounds like rasp is the only thing that matters to some people, when it comes to a good voice.

Axl sucked in 2014 before the Vegas shows. That I agree on. And in 2010 his voice was often absolutely incredible. But for me there's a thing called middle ground. If he isn't incredible, that doesn't mean that he automatically sucks. Sometimes he is simply great, good or average. And in those last Vegas shows he most definitely didn't suck. He had great power and control over his voice and a good stage presence. Because he had power in his voice, he never sounded like helium Mickey, even if he wasn't as raspy as in 2010. It's the power that matters the most in my opinion. That's why I prefer his 2010 voice over his 2006 voice. IMO he had more power in 2010.

But you're obviously entitled to your opinion!

Back to Motley. That was fucking atrocious. I don't care how much you're getting paid, it takes a degree of shamelessness that I could only dream of to actually charge money for a show like that. Alice Cooper deserves a kick in the bollocks for accepting being their support act too. Even if Vince Neil could sing, there's no way that's right.

"wshhenummannaaummerr care. Derfermininabededert are you feeling good?"

Get in the fucking sea.

Alice supporting Crue is an odd billing anyway. Crue should be supporting Alice and bowing down to his greatness.

• Like 1

Axl sucked in 2014. Unless you're one of those "39 seconds of rasp in wttj" fans.

Sometimes it sounds like rasp is the only thing that matters to some people, when it comes to a good voice.

Axl sucked in 2014 before the Vegas shows. That I agree on. And in 2010 his voice was often absolutely incredible. But for me there's a thing called middle ground. If he isn't incredible, that doesn't mean that he automatically sucks. Sometimes he is simply great, good or average. And in those last Vegas shows he most definitely didn't suck. He had great power and control over his voice and a good stage presence. Because he had power in his voice, he never sounded like helium Mickey, even if he wasn't as raspy as in 2010. It's the power that matters the most in my opinion. That's why I prefer his 2010 voice over his 2006 voice. IMO he had more power in 2010.

In my opinion, whenever Axl is not singing with his trademark voice, he sucks. Simply put. It doesn't sound good to my ears when he sings with a clean high voice, it doesn't sound powerful at all to my ears and he lacks control over that kind of voice too. Vegas 2014 was no exception, unless, like I said, you're one of those fans who are fine with 10 seconds of powerful vocals during a song.

It's been years since I have heard Axl delivering a decent vocal performance where he sounds like himself, like he gives a shit and like he won't die from a stroke. I literally get umconfortable watching Axl singing and dancing nowadays, he looks tired, sick, in pain and uninterested.

I've never heard a full Motley Crue song in my entire life and never watched any live performances. I only know Tommy Lee played drums in a NIN song. I can't judge but I'm pretty sure the guy sucks as much as Axl. If you're an opera singer it's ok to have extra pounds. If you're a rock singer, there are many examples how being out of shape affects your performance. Call me a "fatphobic" (this will become a thing one day) if you want to... :lol:

The badness of Rock in Rio 2011 is greatly exaggerated around here.

True. I think the reason that Rio is panned so much is because you can actually see Axl give up, which is pretty difficult to watch as a guns n roses fan.

Bridge School remains the worst in my book. It was just shocking, and more like a weird parody of a gnr gig. I guess people go easier on it because it was a charity gig, and because Axl was sick. Or so it goes.

I don't understand the Bridge School hate, he's sick and he still went on and played a gig for a bunch of kids and a charity. Pretty cool of Axl, if he hadn't went on stage people would be moaning about how selfish Axl is..

I'd kind of agree if it wasn't for the swearing and utterly inappropriate and bizarre song choices in front of kids, their teachers and parents.

Haha true... Then again I'm not sure what else they'd play acoustically.

Never seen that before. Completely awful, but better than Axl's atrocious 2011 performance.

You must be trolling

You must be mentally incapable of understanding that those are my genuine thoughts. Axl Rose was an embarrassment and a sad joke in Rio 2011. If you don't consider it to be that way, that's cool. Nobody is going to point a gun at you for that. ;)

Please shut up.

Sorry if my opinion hurts your feelings so much. Feel free to put me on ignore. :)

Yes mate, I'll be drinking my sorrows tonight...

You state your opinions as facts and act like everyone else is wrong for disagreeing. You'll always hate on anything Axl does, whether he reunites the original lineup, sounds like appetite, and looks like 06, you'll still find something to complain about.

And what confuses me is that you clearly hate anything from "new" GnR yet you still enter every thread about them and say the same rubbish. Can't you just.. Not read them?

To conclude, please shut up.

Axl has been an embarrassment since 2011. There were few exceptions where he showed the great singer he once was but that doesn't change the fact that his voice is pretty much gone -- which is understandable considering how old he is. What I will never understand is the lack of professionalism and training. His performances these last four years could have been a lot better with proper training. I remember when I first watched Rio 2001, Axl voice was fucking gone, but the power? It was still there.

He doesn't care anymore, he doesn't rehearsal, even though he's well aware that he's not 28 anymore. Rehearsing should be a top priority for him, but having the fans he has who will praise his every move, even when he is making a fool of himself on stage... I don't know, I wouldn't care either, probably.

In my opinion, whenever Axl is not singing with his trademark voice, he sucks.

So he sucks on most of It's So Easy, Patience, Don't Cry etc... Gotcha! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wow, he gained even more pounds and he already was quite fat.

I am not into this thing at all.

Let's talk about voice. This is horrible.

I will say he was never great live and after his young daughter died I think he lost himself along the way.

I was just making an observation, wasn't trying to make fun of his weight in any way since I hate bullying behaviour and taking cheap shots like that.

I was just checking out motley crue on their 2015 Rock in Rio performance, but damn Vince Neil... what a disaster, he looks like total shit is fatter than Axl, can't sing for shit, can't even articulate the words to his songs anymore :P just watch haha, Axl not that bad after all comparing to this :P

and this is an achievement?

I don't know what's up to you, but i would never compare Mötley Crüe and Vince Neil to Axl. Vine Neil was NEVER talented. Never, ever, not even on studio

Edited by Strange Broue

Yeah, Vince sounds and looks like a busted asshole...can't argue that one.

However, it isn't Vince the busted asshole and three no names masquerading as Motley Crue, which while not great does lend it a bit of credibility.

You can give Axl's GNR a pass if he sounds good, but when it is/was a bunch of scabs (including an emo goth Slash impersonator) onstage playing songs they had absolutely nothing or very little at best to do with writing AND Axl sounds like shit...it's only fair to mock that.

I was just checking out motley crue on their 2015 Rock in Rio performance, but damn Vince Neil... what a disaster, he looks like total shit is fatter than Axl, can't sing for shit, can't even articulate the words to his songs anymore :P just watch haha, Axl not that bad after all comparing to this :P

Compared to Tsjernobyl or 9/11, it wasn't such a disaster either. But in terms of GnR, it was absolutely horrible.

I don't really care about Motley Crue. I just care that GnR looked like an absolute train wreck at yet another high profile gig. One in the long list of high profile gigs they completely fucked up.

• Like 1

Axl's singing on WTTJ and it's so easy in Vegas with duff was fucking incredible, full of rasp and power. No point going all out for a couple of songs though and doing a half-job on the other 20+ songs, thats where his weight comes in. As for motley, they don't even deserve our attention on a GNR site, can't stand them. I do like the women in their 2015 live performances though, I must say