The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I'm assuming people forgot about Slash's brother commenting on Axl being on a strict diet. That says it all right there. The last time he got into top shape was 2006 when he started believing in Chinese Democracy again (even though it came out 2 years later). I'm fairly certain that it's going down.

I just watched Nightrain from download 2006 for the first time and Axl sounded f'n great. He needs to come out looking and sounding close to that for this thing to work.

• Like 1

I'm assuming people forgot about Slash's brother commenting on Axl being on a strict diet. That says it all right there. The last time he got into top shape was 2006 when he started believing in Chinese Democracy again (even though it came out 2 years later). I'm fairly certain that it's going down.

That's a point I've made a few times. Lol I doubt slashs brother would have made that up just for kicks so, it did confirm that they've been speaking regardless of being skeptical about it. No question axl is doing everything he can to get in the best shape vocally and physically for this thing. Let's hope it works out for him..

He's clearly doing this for another Vegas residency!

That's a point I've made a few times. Lol I doubt slashs brother would have made that up just for kicks so, it did confirm that they've been speaking regardless of being skeptical about it. No question axl is doing everything he can to get in the best shape vocally and physically for this thing. Let's hope it works out for him..

In all seriousness, how long do you think it would take Axl to get into the shape he needs to be in? To sing and move around like the old Axl? Or at least an Axl for his age? Cause I genuinely don't know. Is that like a year's worth of getting in shape? Working out, singing, breathing techniques, eating right. Seems like a hell of a lot of work for Axl who in his own words always seemed against a reunion. I think thats what gets a lot of people. It requires the absolute most work from Axl, which in all honesty we haven't seen from him in 20 years. He has to go through so much, all while the other guys generally don't have to do anything. I just figured the "on a strict diet" was just a way to talk Axl up. Doesn't necessarily have to be true but at least its not an insult.

It certainly is an insult. It acknowledges an obesity problem that has never been admitted to by Axl. You act like he's John Popper. Do you go around telling people they need to get in shape in real life? I doubt it.

In all seriousness, how long do you think it would take Axl to get into the shape he needs to be in? To sing and move around like the old Axl? Or at least an Axl for his age? Cause I genuinely don't know. Is that like a year's worth of getting in shape? Working out, singing, breathing techniques, eating right. Seems like a hell of a lot of work for Axl who in his own words always seemed against a reunion. I think thats what gets a lot of people. It requires the absolute most work from Axl, which in all honesty we haven't seen from him in 20 years. He has to go through so much, all while the other guys generally don't have to do anything. I just figured the "on a strict diet" was just a way to talk Axl up. Doesn't necessarily have to be true but at least its not an insult.

It certainly is an insult. It acknowledges an obesity problem that has never been admitted to by Axl. You act like he's John Popper. Do you go around telling people they need to get in shape in real life? I doubt it.

Thats exactly my point. Either it sounds worse than what he initially said, or it was meant as a compliment. The whole thing was weird. "I've been told Axl is on a very strict diet"?! He would have been better off just leaving it at "Axl is fat Elvis"! That whole thing was weird. I'm not saying Axl has to get in shape. He can do whatever he wants. But let's call a spade a spade, the guy is pretty plumpy and to get back together with original Guns, he would look the most different. You'd be lying to yourself if his weight gain wouldn't be noticeable. And maybe it'll be fine, cause he looks fine most of the time, but I do think getting in better shape would improve his performance. No one's calling him obese. He's fat, so is Slash, but the difference is it hasn't impaired Slash's stage presence. Whether you like it or not, it has for Axl.

(Latest post from Stevie Rachelle)

I love Steven more than anything. But regardless if he's been clean a few years or not, the track record over 20 years is not doing him any favors. Like someone else mentioned, do you have any idea what is at stake? There are gonna be stadium shows, that will bring in millions of dollars. And the shows will be mararthon. Axl is known to play 2.5-3 hours now. These shows are gonna be huge epic productions, and the recent band has been like 7-8 or 9 players. There is NO way they do it w/ 5 guys. And with all respect, Adler could not pull it off alone. No way. Frank is a machine. Regardless of him not being an OG, or a rock star, he's a very high rate pro-drummer. That is what Axl wants. Then he's had 3 gtrsts, 2 key players and himself on piano. This show will be massive and included many moving parts. If Steven gets brought in even as a guest for a song or two, he should be happy. And if he says anything off the chains negative about the band or Axl - it'll immediately lower any chance he has by a mile. Izzy doesn't care. Period. Anyone barking about him is kidding themselves. If Axl begged him, he wouldn't do it. But he will show up at a few shows and do 2-3 songs. Get ready. I am hearing Jan. 6th is a big day.

$tEvil

• Like 2

I don't think he was being sarcastic in that bit. If he does this reunion he has to be shape. If he comes out looking like he did on the last tour(s), it will be a huge let down for everyone involved. People say they don't care, but they do...he will look better, sound better, and feel better. Here's to hoping that happens for the sake of this entire thing...

I'll never understand the Izzy thing. Is there any guy thats ever gotten more of a free pass to just walk on stage and play whatever he wants if he feels like it? Love Izzy, he's a huge part of GNR, and he seemed genuine when he said he'd come to the Hall Of Fame if everyone else did and he wouldn't be the hold out. So seriously, how does he get away with just getting to walk on whenever he wants? If he doesn't join, why wouldn't they just say "fuck you"? Maybe thats harsh, but seriously they're doing all this work and Izzy just gets to come and go as he pleases. Has he really done enough to warrant that kind of status?

Izzy gets to come and go as he pleases because it's a big draw. It increases ticket sales, and this reunion is all about $$$.

Also, izzy will def be wanting a slice of that pie, even if it's a tiny slice. So, while the big 3 will get huge chunks of the pie, they're happy to give Izzy the small bite he craves and then watch him leave.

Also, I still don't believe a reunion tour will materialize.

Edited by niceguy

i need to stop for a moment and just draw attention to how fucking duff mckagan is.

if he hadn't been a gentleman and a scholar a few years ago and initiated the peace-offering with axl, this never would have happened.

i said this a few times in the past couple years since the new band began to seemingly fall apart, that if the original lineup reunited (and back then it was a big "if") it would be because of duff, and he's seriously an awesome dude and one hell of a friend to these guys.

• Like 4

i need to stop for a moment and just draw attention to how fucking duff mckagan is.

if he hadn't been a gentleman and a scholar a few years ago and initiated the peace-offering with axl, this never would have happened.

i said this a few times in the past couple years since the new band began to seemingly fall apart, that if the original lineup reunited (and back then it was a big "if") it would be because of duff, and he's seriously an awesome dude and one hell of a friend to these guys.

I have thought on many occasions since this talk that despite all the people that didn't like NuGuns, had they not existed, had Axl never toured again and not continued the band, you never get that "chance" meeting with Duff. Reigniting their friendship and essentially bringing what we believe we have upon us. So in that instance, I would like to thank NuGuns for continuing so that eventually it led to the reunion we all want. Seriously, had Axl never done music again, its possible in his stubbornness he never would have spoken to these guys again. By all accounts, it wasn't like Duff was seeking Axl out right? They happened to meet up and it all just worked out.

I love Steven more than anything. But regardless if he's been clean a few years or not, the track record over 20 years is not doing him any favors. Like someone else mentioned, do you have any idea what is at stake? There are gonna be stadium shows, that will bring in millions of dollars. And the shows will be mararthon. Axl is known to play 2.5-3 hours now. These shows are gonna be huge epic productions, and the recent band has been like 7-8 or 9 players. There is NO way they do it w/ 5 guys. And with all respect, Adler could not pull it off alone. No way. Frank is a machine. Regardless of him not being an OG, or a rock star, he's a very high rate pro-drummer. That is what Axl wants. Then he's had 3 gtrsts, 2 key players and himself on piano. This show will be massive and included many moving parts. If Steven gets brought in even as a guest for a song or two, he should be happy. And if he says anything off the chains negative about the band or Axl - it'll immediately lower any chance he has by a mile. Izzy doesn't care. Period. Anyone barking about him is kidding themselves. If Axl begged him, he wouldn't do it. But he will show up at a few shows and do 2-3 songs. Get ready. I am hearing Jan. 6th is a big day.

$tEvil

matt is a machine too, he's a better drummer than ferrer.

steven should be invited to play a couple of songs

Not sure how long it would take him to get in shape but being that this thing has clearly been in the works for over a year and no ones seen him, I think he's giving every effort to make it work. I'm not saying it will work and he'll be the axl of old, just saying I think he's giving it every effort to get in the best shape he possibly can.

One really positive thing to come out of this is that Fernando is no longer managing the GNR brand. He's not running the social media, not posting pics of hot girls he wants to bang, not tweeting at Taylor Momsen.

A professional agency clearly is in charge of the GNR brand now, which is remarkable. "Fortune 500 Fernando" thankfully is sidelined from managing "his band".

From DJ Ashba's instagram:

smacthesminc I saw you play in Newcastle, Australia. I thought you were fantastic and the band played that good that the music overshadowed Axl. At the time I thought what a great musician you were with really good tatts. My virgin daughter screamed like you were a Beatle which I admit did put me a bit off you. But now you're back in the US all the best D J Ashba. G'n'R loss is your gain. I personally think Axl Rose let his age and jealously overrun everything again. I'm betting they won't even finish the world tour intact let alone recreate magic that they lost 30 yrs ago. Good luck and all the best. xxx.

djashba@smacthesminc I really appreciate your kind words!! And tell your daughter thank you for the love n support! Much appreciated!

1d

Edited by Funky.Monkey

$tEvil

matt is a machine too, he's a better drummer than ferrer.

steven should be invited to play a couple of songs

Stevie Rachelle mentioned Axl having a problem with Matt so I don't see that as an option. Realistically the drummer and Izzy playing or not playing isn't going to hurt ticket sales but yeah Adler deserves to be up there,if only for a few songs. That last line sums it all up about Izzy,"He wouldn't do a full tour if Axl begged him" Selfishly, I wish Axl,Slash and Duff could have convinced him. There are millions of fans who never saw Izzy play with the real deal GNR.

One really positive thing to come out of this is that Fernando is no longer managing the GNR brand. He's not running the social media, not posting pics of hot girls he wants to bang, not tweeting at Taylor Momsen.

A professional agency clearly is in charge of the GNR brand now, which is remarkable. "Fortune 500 Fernando" thankfully is sidelined from managing "his band".

Do you know this because of the trailer? I was just trying to figure out how you knew for sure. Would be awesome if so!

Thats exactly my point. Either it sounds worse than what he initially said, or it was meant as a compliment. The whole thing was weird. "I've been told Axl is on a very strict diet"?! He would have been better off just leaving it at "Axl is fat Elvis"! That whole thing was weird. I'm not saying Axl has to get in shape. He can do whatever he wants. But let's call a spade a spade, the guy is pretty plumpy and to get back together with original Guns, he would look the most different. You'd be lying to yourself if his weight gain wouldn't be noticeable. And maybe it'll be fine, cause he looks fine most of the time, but I do think getting in better shape would improve his performance. No one's calling him obese. He's fat, so is Slash, but the difference is it hasn't impaired Slash's stage presence. Whether you like it or not, it has for Axl.

ok well, here's the way I look at it.. I think it's pretty clear what happened. Ashe said something out of frustration and anger over being constantly bothered over GNR reunion rumors because he's slashs brother, it's common and easy for people to message the guy with the focus being on guns n roses, which he obviously would not be at liberty to talk about since no one in the band is at Liberty to talk about. So he lashed out. Slash clearly saw that and requested him to apologize. He could have left it simple like you said, but he retracted and specifically said that the comments upset his brother, which he should have because knowing axl Rose chances are the reunion plug would have been pulled right there since slash didn't let it slide and defended Axl. I think it's pretty simple.

With all due respect, the whole "sarcasm" thing you said, idk, I think it's over thinking the situation and making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Edited by Billsfan

Not sure how long it would take him to get in shape but being that this thing has clearly been in the works for over a year and no ones seen him, I think he's giving every effort to make it work. I'm not saying it will work and he'll be the axl of old, just saying I think he's giving it every effort to get in the best shape he possibly can.

Six months with 3-4 times cardio + weight training por week and a proper nutrition program would be enough to make Axl look like an athlete.

Edited by Pedrolg

Six months with 3-4 times cardio + weight training por week and a proper nutrition program would be enough to make Axl look like an athlete.
I think it's more than enough time, assuming that's what it takes. He's probably been training for awhile and besides, even if this thing gets announced within the next week or two, it's not like they'd be days away from the first show. They'd clearly be at least a few months away from performing whether thre launch is coachella or not, giving them time to continue getting in shape, rehearse together since they all haven't done that in how many years, and potentially even record a couple of news songs to be released to promote the tour.