The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I still think the most important question is..will they play KOHD Axl's way or the old way?

I hope the old way with reggae involved.
Hopefully they retire that shit

I demand reggae!

Without Tracy and Roberta there is no REAL REUNION!

Pittmann? Yeah he is an enigma, but belongs in NuGnR era. Nothing against him at all. Maybe he could grab a sound engineer spot for the tour or something. But keep him off the stage.

But do give all the love to Dizwald Reedozer. He survived 25 years of UPS and downs. I for one have shamefully forgot about him a bit during this hype. He totally deserves his place in the reunion. Go Dizzy.

Will Axl just get rid of Pitman? if not, how will Slash choose to get rid of him? Axl, Dizzy, and Pitman are all keyboard players. I don't know if it will amuse Slash.

It's kinda awkward. Personally, I hope Pitman is still in, but I'm trying to imagine Slash and Pitman on the same stage, in the same band and I'm getting nothing. My guess is he's still in though.

Edited by Rovim

Pitman will not be on that stage, he is not even remotely required. Maybe he'll be on the tour to be a yes man to axl or whatever, but he better not be on that fucking stage. Reunion will be Axl Slash Duff Dizzy Fortus and Ferrer, with the odd guest spots/studio contributions(hopefully) from Izzy and Steven, so please stop with all the in depth analysis, whatever we want is irrelevant, what we will get is what I just stated. Which I am absolutely fucking down with, and cannot wait to see. We've waited a long time for this, just be glad its happening, let us rejoice

As for not hearing anything concrete about a reunion, I think Scott's death had a little to do with it, I also think that a couple of the guys are friends with the guys in Crue and they I don't think they would want to steal the thunder so to speak from Crue ending & will probably wait til after the new yr to announce anything

AFD was the first CD I bought when I was 6 or 7. I used my birthday money and my brother took me to the record store.

I set out to learn guitar because of Eddie Van Halen and Slash (not that I can even play half of their material).

Axl and Slash haven't taken the stage together since I was 10. I saw Slash once with VR in 2004 but I never went to see nugnr. I did anxiously anticipate CD and gave it a chance and I actually liked a few songs but I honestly haven't re-listened to it much (unlike AFD, Lies, UYIs, Live Era).

This will be the coolest fucking thing if I can finally see them on stage together.

• Like 3

I haven't been to a real Gn'R concert since I was a 15 y.o. Will it live up to my expectations? Hardly, but it'll be an emotional moment to watch Axl, Slash & Duff share the stage once again.

Edited by trqster

At this point, the delusional ones are those that think that a reunion ISN'T happening at this point.

Wow...that felt weird to type. I never thought that we'd see this day. Ever.

I did. What band that is on the level of GNR hasn't reunited?

The interesting thing will be to hear how Axl explains the "Not in this lifetime" comment. Or some of the other nasty things he said about Slash and his supporters. Then again,maybe his interviews will be filled with pre-approved ass-kissing questions.

You know that is why i will NEVER see this as a proper reunion, no mater who will play in this upcoming reunion

On a personal level, they fucked up this thing for life...

You can say that it doesn't matter if this is a cash rgab, because everything is a cash grab nowadays, but the original spirit of this band died a long time ago and it will never come back, no matter how many shows they will play in the future, how many records (if any) they will put out etc.

What a crock of utter dogshit. No offence, but seriously... you're talking crap.

you forgot: inane, insipid and cack :wow:

I'm talking the absolute truth

Ask anybody outside these forums and they will tell you exactly the same

You're a well known Axl's lolvision supporter so I might understand where are you coming from...

You will still waiting for round two, aren't you? :lol:

Why don't you just prove how my points or my POV is wrong instead of spewing your british verbal diarrhea?

Edited by Strange Broue

A proper best of collection with 2 new songs would be epic.If we get a tour y'all think they would force MTV to actually cover music again? :axl:

No but it would be cool if Kurt Loder came back for some GNR interviews for the relaunch reunion.

Frank's a good drummer, but the intro to Mr. Brownstone just doesn't sound right to me when he plays it (but that was also the case with Brain). Don't care much about the rest of the band, as long as Axl, Slash, Duff and Dizzy are involved, i'm okay with it.

Yep Frank can't do the intro to YCBM correctly either. Get rid of that guy. I'm sure Slash and Duff are pulling for Matt pretty hard. Maybe Axl will allow it if they allow him his 2 keyboard players, etc.

The two new songs are The General and Atlas Shrugged.

And the album is CD II.

CD ll is at stake here, but I don't think Axl could have replaced 2 guitar players and a bass player after all the different incarnations and still expect people to connect with that.

And if CD ll is similar to Chinese, the musical approach invites a bunch of different styles and guitar players. Slash adding a few songs, leads, and solos could work on at least some of the material, at least I think it's likely.

I don't think Axl is gonna keep CD ll unreleased forever. I also think it's likely Slash will be used musically by Axl. He is bound to play on at least a few songs. Anything is possible.

I haven't been to a real Gn'R concert since I was a 15 y.o. Will it live up to my expectations? Hardly, but it'll be an emotional moment to watch Axl, Slash & Duff share the stage once again.

+1

It's going to be an awesome moment for all those who really love GNR.

Fuck the naysayers.

Edited by Roky
  • Like 1

And the album is CD II.

CD ll is at stake here, but I don't think Axl could have replaced 2 guitar players and a bass player after all the different incarnations and still expect people to connect with that.

And if CD ll is similar to Chinese, the musical approach invites a bunch of different styles and guitar players. Slash adding a few songs, leads, and solos could work on at least some of the material, at least I think it's likely.

I don't think Axl is gonna keep CD ll unreleased forever. I also think it's likely Slash will be used musically by Axl. He is bound to play on at least a few songs. Anything is possible.

Maybe they release it as is. But then Slash and Duff will help tour it. not unlike Dj and Ron touring CD. but it will be 2017 before you can say AFD Vegas Residency.

And the album is CD II.

Maybe they release it as is. But then Slash and Duff will help tour it. not unlike Dj and Ron touring CD. but it will be 2017 before you can say AFD Vegas Residency.

My gut reaction is best to let it be if it's finished, like Axl said it is. On the other hand, The General Inn and Safari Zodiac and the Slash song, Down By The Ocean and it's Slash and a Guns album.

It could be like how Bumble recorded his leads and rhythm guitars for Chinese. It was quick and snappy. I really have no idea, but Axl is a tinker. He has no problem adding more even if many will consider it done. That's the beauty of it: it is never done until it's released.

Edited by Rovim

I reckon the reunion will be Axl, Slash, Duff and a couple of hired hands. That way they can split the pot 3 ways instead of 5 or 6 ways.

The dollar signs are a'comin

LA

IF Izzy and Steven also join, they will be also technically hired. Steven will be ok with getting less money, but well can't say about Izzy. You don't need to write your name LA at the end of every post like that weirdo Ali.

ChiDem2 ain't happening. Whatever the Big Three are up to, it's about money, not artistry. I don't mean that in a negative way-- it's just the fact.

ChiDem2 release would cost lots of time, money, and energy, all for very little payoff financially. I'd imagine that Axl will make more money playing one reunion show compared to finishing and releasing the turd which is wanted by a handful of forum diehards.

ChiDem2 ain't happening. Whatever the Big Three are up to, it's about money, not artistry. I don't mean that in a negative way-- it's just the fact.

ChiDem2 release would cost lots of time, money, and energy, all for very little payoff financially. I'd imagine that Axl will make more money playing one reunion show compared to finishing and releasing the turd which is wanted by a handful of forum diehards.

Not to mention that it's highly unlikely that Slash would agree to adding parts to Axl's NuGNR songs. Copying and pasting solos isn't how Slash rolls. In the unlikely event that Axl and Slash record a new album together, I can imagine Slash and Duff wanting to make sure it is a legitimate GNR creation, not 15 year old songs written by Robin Finck, Brain and Buckethead.

There is a slim chance that perhaps one or two of Axl's 99-06 songs may get re-recorded and worked on by Slash/Duff, but I really don't see them just rolling over and agreeing to add guitar and bass parts to Axl's so-called "vision." That ship sailed years ago.

It's all a moot point anyway, as Axl is more than likely too lazy to ever commit to recording a new album. 2 new songs tacked on to a greatest hits is the most we could hope for out of Axl and even then, he might flake out due to the sheer stress of it all.

Edited by Towelie

At this point, the delusional ones are those that think that a reunion ISN'T happening at this point.

Wow...that felt weird to type. I never thought that we'd see this day. Ever.

I did. What band that is on the level of GNR hasn't reunited?

The interesting thing will be to hear how Axl explains the "Not in this lifetime" comment. Or some of the other nasty things he said about Slash and his supporters. Then again,maybe his interviews will be filled with pre-approved ass-kissing questions.

You know that is why i will NEVER see this as a proper reunion, no mater who will play in this upcoming reunion

On a personal level, they fucked up this thing for life...

You can say that it doesn't matter if this is a cash rgab, because everything is a cash grab nowadays, but the original spirit of this band died a long time ago and it will never come back, no matter how many shows they will play in the future, how many records (if any) they will put out etc.

What a crock of utter dogshit. No offence, but seriously... you're talking crap.

you forgot: inane, insipid and cack :wow:

I'm talking the absolute truth

Ask anybody outside these forums and they will tell you exactly the same

You're a well known Axl's lolvision supporter so I might understand where are you coming from...

You will still waiting for round two, aren't you? :lol:

Why don't you just prove how my points or my POV is wrong instead of spewing your british verbal diarrhea?

I am not a "Axl lolvision supporter." Far from it. I liked Chinese, but have regularly called Axl out on his douchebaggery over the years, even in this very thread.

I said you were talking dogshit because, well, you were. It's a not a reunion because the original spirit of the band died years ago? What kind of touchy-feel, wishy-washy bollocks is that? So when exactly did the bands spirit die in your opinion? When GNR became a multi-million dollar business? Because that was before UYI was even released.

• Like 1

I don't understand all this "Axl is too lazy to ever record another album again", but he ISN'T too lazy to spend months getting in shape, changing his diet, getting his voice back to where it should be. Yeah, recording the album is too much, but changing every other aspect of his life for 4-6 months is totally realistic.

If Axl is truly getting into peak physical condition for this tour, I don't know. To me, that means anything is possible. Cause he has no reason he'd have to do that or commit to that based off his previous actions over the last 15 years.

• Like 1