The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I'm assuming people forgot about Slash's brother commenting on Axl being on a strict diet. That says it all right there. The last time he got into top shape was 2006 when he started believing in Chinese Democracy again (even though it came out 2 years later). I'm fairly certain that it's going down.

That's a point I've made a few times. Lol I doubt slashs brother would have made that up just for kicks so, it did confirm that they've been speaking regardless of being skeptical about it. No question axl is doing everything he can to get in the best shape vocally and physically for this thing. Let's hope it works out for him..

In all seriousness, how long do you think it would take Axl to get into the shape he needs to be in? To sing and move around like the old Axl? Or at least an Axl for his age? Cause I genuinely don't know. Is that like a year's worth of getting in shape? Working out, singing, breathing techniques, eating right. Seems like a hell of a lot of work for Axl who in his own words always seemed against a reunion. I think thats what gets a lot of people. It requires the absolute most work from Axl, which in all honesty we haven't seen from him in 20 years. He has to go through so much, all while the other guys generally don't have to do anything. I just figured the "on a strict diet" was just a way to talk Axl up. Doesn't necessarily have to be true but at least its not an insult.

Not sure how long it would take him to get in shape but being that this thing has clearly been in the works for over a year and no ones seen him, I think he's giving every effort to make it work. I'm not saying it will work and he'll be the axl of old, just saying I think he's giving it every effort to get in the best shape he possibly can.
Six months with 3-4 times cardio + weight training por week and a proper nutrition program would be enough to make Axl look like an athlete.
I think it's more than enough time, assuming that's what it takes. He's probably been training for awhile and besides, even if this thing gets announced within the next week or two, it's not like they'd be days away from the first show. They'd clearly be at least a few months away from performing whether thre launch is coachella or not, giving them time to continue getting in shape, rehearse together since they all haven't done that in how many years, and potentially even record a couple of news songs to be released to promote the tour.

Indeed. And it's not like his goal is to become insanely ripped. He just needs to improve his cardio a bit a drop a few extra pounds.

• Like 1

One really positive thing to come out of this is that Fernando is no longer managing the GNR brand. He's not running the social media, not posting pics of hot girls he wants to bang, not tweeting at Taylor Momsen.

A professional agency clearly is in charge of the GNR brand now, which is remarkable. "Fortune 500 Fernando" thankfully is sidelined from managing "his band".

Do you know this because of the trailer? I was just trying to figure out how you knew for sure. Would be awesome if so!

I'm no GNR-insider like many here-- just a business professional who can figure out advertising campaigns really well. That's part of my job.

This is a fucking MASTERFUL promo campaign. The Facebook picture changes? Genius- esp since the pic is from the last show with Slash.

Removing all band members from the page? The movie trailer? It's all just so freaking well-done.

Fernando has zero influence on this. You'll notice that since the Facebook changes, there hasn't been a single pic of a hot tattooed South American woman. It's radio silence now.

The bitter jerk in me still wants to naysay a reunion, because I can't see Axl reneging on all his bitter words these past years.

But, I grudgingly admit that a reunion tour is the most likely event which would involve such masterful promo from a professional agency.

• Like 2

One really positive thing to come out of this is that Fernando is no longer managing the GNR brand. He's not running the social media, not posting pics of hot girls he wants to bang, not tweeting at Taylor Momsen.

A professional agency clearly is in charge of the GNR brand now, which is remarkable. "Fortune 500 Fernando" thankfully is sidelined from managing "his band".

Do you know this because of the trailer? I was just trying to figure out how you knew for sure. Would be awesome if so!

I'm no GNR-insider like many here-- just a business professional who can figure out advertising campaigns really well. That's part of my job.

This is a fucking MASTERFUL promo campaign. The Facebook picture changes? Genius- esp since the pic is from the last show with Slash.

Removing all band members from the page? The movie trailer? It's all just so freaking well-done.

Fernando has zero influence on this. You'll notice that since the Facebook changes, there hasn't been a single pic of a hot tattooed South American woman. It's radio silence now.

The bitter jerk in me still wants to naysay a reunion, because I can't see Axl reneging on all his bitter words these past years.

But, I grudgingly admit that a reunion tour is the most likely event which would involve such masterful promo from a professional agency.

On the official site is says;

Powered by Wonderful Union Guns N' Roses is managed by Team Brazil | Contact

The previous software / promotion firm was bought out or has merged with Wonderful Union. It is made clear that it is managed by Team Brazil. However this could mean that they have the title but are not micro managing ever aspect of it anymore and now have others doing the work.

The previous software / promotion firm was bought out or has merged with Wonderful Union. It is made clear that it is managed by Team Brazil. However this could mean that they have the title but are not micro managing ever aspect of it anymore and now have others doing the work.

Wonderful Union is just the new name of ground(ctrl), it is the same company that's been running the website for the past years.

It won't take Axl long to get into shape. He's one of those running weirdos. I think since he's been a kid he use to run long distances, some people are programmed for that kind of conditioning. Clearly he gave up on that since 08 but all it takes is a couple of workouts to get him addicted to conditioning himself again.

It will be harder now that he's older, but I have no doubts that he is more than capable and probably more so than most 50 year olds. He also has Fprtus and Duff to go to if he's struggling. Singing is something he can do, but he will need to work on it to get where it is acceptable. I see this as the bigger obstacle because we have no idea what kind of shape his vocal chords are in. I imagine he will be up to the task. If this moment doesn't motivate him than nothing will. It's really all or nothing at this point, the reunion will leave a lasting image on his career. A lot of redemption and gain to be made for Axl.

Should be exciting!

I'm assuming people forgot about Slash's brother commenting on Axl being on a strict diet. That says it all right there. The last time he got into top shape was 2006 when he started believing in Chinese Democracy again (even though it came out 2 years later). I'm fairly certain that it's going down.

That's a point I've made a few times. Lol I doubt slashs brother would have made that up just for kicks so, it did confirm that they've been speaking regardless of being skeptical about it. No question axl is doing everything he can to get in the best shape vocally and physically for this thing. Let's hope it works out for him..

In all seriousness, how long do you think it would take Axl to get into the shape he needs to be in? To sing and move around like the old Axl? Or at least an Axl for his age? Cause I genuinely don't know. Is that like a year's worth of getting in shape? Working out, singing, breathing techniques, eating right. Seems like a hell of a lot of work for Axl who in his own words always seemed against a reunion. I think thats what gets a lot of people. It requires the absolute most work from Axl, which in all honesty we haven't seen from him in 20 years. He has to go through so much, all while the other guys generally don't have to do anything. I just figured the "on a strict diet" was just a way to talk Axl up. Doesn't necessarily have to be true but at least its not an insult.

12-16 weeks of a meal plan and exercise.

I'm glad to see that we've expanded our roles of critics, producers, managers, and promoters to now include personal training and nutrition.

Well, tbh, most people nowadays have some degree of experience with proper nutrition and exercise. Much more so than with our previous roles, I'd say.

• Like 1

The teaser is for the reunion FFS. No other event would be worth an advertise in Star Wars movies nationwide. People that dont want a reunion are trying too hard to "find" reasons to lie to themselves that this isnt happening.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 3

At this point, the delusional ones are those that think that a reunion ISN'T happening at this point.

Wow...that felt weird to type. I never thought that we'd see this day. Ever.

I did. What band that is on the level of GNR hasn't reunited?

The interesting thing will be to hear how Axl explains the "Not in this lifetime" comment. Or some of the other nasty things he said about Slash and his supporters. Then again,maybe his interviews will be filled with pre-approved ass-kissing questions.

If they did perform two new songs live, would (and how) would they go about releasing them? If GnR is under contract to a label for an album, surely they couldn't just release a couple songs on ITunes on their own?

And if there is a reunion, what happens to the remaining CD songs?

If they did perform two new songs live, would (and how) would they go about releasing them? If GnR is under contract to a label for an album, surely they couldn't just release a couple songs on ITunes on their own?

And if there is a reunion, what happens to the remaining CD songs?

Why are we operating under the assumption that they're under contract for an album? Did I miss something?

If they are, I guess they could release a Best of and throw the new tracks on there. It's been done before.

At this point, the delusional ones are those that think that a reunion ISN'T happening at this point.

The interesting thing will be to hear how Axl explains the "Not in this lifetime" comment. Or some of the other nasty things he said about Slash and his supporters. Then again,maybe his interviews will be filled with pre-approved ass-kissing questions.

Why would he need to explain it beyond "that's how I felt then and I feel this way now." My life would be a lot different if I was never allowed to change my opinion.

Why would he need to explain it beyond "that's how I felt then and I feel this way now." My life would be a lot different if I was never allowed to change my opinion.

Of course he's allowed to change his opinion and Axl never holds back so I would like to hear his reasoning. I just don't know if those questions will make it beyond the filters that might be in place when it comes to him breaking his silence.

Slash seems like he and Duff would chuckle at the comments made by Axl if asked and say that's all water under the bridge.

https://twitter.com/toddkernsbh/status/681202352653774848

Todd Kerns will be in Vegas for New Years, but looks like he is playing somewhere else!!

What in the actual fuck?

Looks like I should of went to Vegas...

Slash and the Conspirators are also playing NYE at the House of Blues. Maybe Duff is filling his spot?

See now why would he be filling in for NO reason?