The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I know everyone is dubious that Axl is going to get in shape or take this seriously, but imo this is the only thing that is going to motivate him to get in shape and perform.

Is he really going to show up to this thing and let the story be that Slash did great, but Axl was out of shape both physically and vocally? Is Slash going to do this without some assurances that Axl takes it seriously?

• Like 2

Which brings us back to the main point: I cannot see Axl working with equal partners, because that would entail making compromises, which Axl is incapable of.

I agree they won't be equal partners as in the Appetite days.

Axl will not give up the ownership of the name, that's for sure.

They could have worked out a deal for a tour (and possibly album) where both Duff and Slash are getting a share acceptable to them. It might be the same as Axl's.

The ownership of the name would not play a big role in such a deal I think. When the contract for a tour/album is fulfilled, they would be back to where they were before: Axl still runs Guns N Roses and Duff and Slash are free to do whatever they want.

If they want to continue with another tour, they could work up a new contract similar to the one before.

Edited by Spirit

I know everyone is dubious that Axl is going to get in shape or take this seriously, but imo this is the only thing that is going to motivate him to get in shape and perform.

Is he really going to show up to this thing and let the story be that Slash did great, but Axl was out of shape both physically and vocally? Is Slash going to do this without some assurances that Axl takes it seriously?

Totally.. Totally.. agree with this. I'm pretty sure we gonna see a descent, powerfull come back from Axl.

A nice version back from the 2010 days like this one above. So powerfull and rusty..

• Like 2

I just noticed one thing (and I did not read back all 260 pages :( )

The official fanclub is currently closed for new members.

Nightrain, the official Guns N' Roses Fan Club, is currently not accepting new members. Please check back in early 2016 for membership opportunities.

:thumbsup:

Good. I wish the pre-sales went by how long you have been in the fan club. Otherwise any scalper can purchase multiple accounts and get access to tickets for only $10. I guess it doesn't suck to be in the fan club now!

• Like 1

Nightrain, the official Guns N' Roses Fan Club, is currently not accepting new members. Please check back in early 2016 for membership opportunities.

awesome, i got in just before they closed up the shop.

Good. I wish the pre-sales went by how long you have been in the fan club. Otherwise any scalper can purchase multiple accounts and get access to tickets for only $10. I guess it doesn't suck to be in the fan club now!

This is surreal

A few weeks ago, literally everybody makes fun of the Nighrain fan club

Now you would be an absolute die hard if you've still payed for that piece of shit fan club they offered.

Now just you are one lucky mofo

• Like 1

"Duff already got a taste of 2010 Axl. Just imagine if Axl will come back like this, only with Slash back in Guns as well. It will be glorious."

As long tells him a thing ot two about style, fitness and clothes ...

Dear God, I would never have imagained such a sentence even to be POSSIBLE in the early nineties

Edited by Schwarzgold

This is surreal

Now you would be an absolute die hard if you've still payed for that piece of shit fan club they offered.

I paid like $55! Twice! I can see how it's not for everybody but for years I wished GNR had an official fan club. I dig the t-shirts that I received from them but obviously the ability to buy pre sale tickets to reunion shows would be the best perk. Now just because they've closed up shop doesn't mean that those who sign up next year won't be able to buy pre sale tickets as well,I just think it's unfair to longtime members unless it allows us to have first crack. It's impossible to know who is a "true fan" and who is a scalper paying $10 just to get access to the pre-sales. Pearl Jam used to allow the long time fan club members to purchase tickets in order of fan club seniority. It seemed to work pretty well.

This is surreal

I paid like $55! Twice! I can see how it's not for everybody but for years I wished GNR had an official fan club. I dig the t-shirts that I received from them but obviously the ability to buy pre sale tickets to reunion shows would be the best perk. Now just because they've closed up shop doesn't mean that those who sign up next year won't be able to buy pre sale tickets as well,I just think it's unfair to longtime members unless it allows us to have first crack. It's impossible to know who is a "true fan" and who is a scalper paying $10 just to get access to the pre-sales. Pearl Jam used to allow the long time fan club members to purchase tickets in order of fan club seniority. It seemed to work pretty well.

Scalpers may already be in, but they did close it fast so thats good.

This is surreal

Scalpers may already be in, but they did close it fast so thats good.

Just a guess on my part but I'd bet it's only closed while they reset the site. I think it'll open up in the beginning of January. Usually for pre-sales, it'd only be for true GNR headline shows ,not a Festival like Coachella. But if they do the pre-sales and only allow "older"members to buy tickets at first,I'd be ok with that. Then you newbies who just signed up recently would be next,followed by all new members in 2016.

it's been a long time since my last post here, but i'm officially pumped about this :)

Right there with you. If this thing really happens, looking fwd to seeing some old yet familiar forum names.

Been a long time since "Wes" brought this place back to life in '06.

• Like 1

awesome, i got in just before they closed up the shop.

How is the Forum there? People there are normal or more Pro Axl fanatics?

it's been a long time since my last post here, but i'm officially pumped about this :)

Right there with you. If this thing really happens, looking fwd to seeing some old yet familiar forum names.

Been a long time since "Wes" brought this place back to life in '06.

Years ago we had the "not in this lifetime" and now we've never been so close to a reunion :P We're rising this band again

• Like 1

I hate to have a negative view on this, but no matter how cool this is, there are so many "what ifs" about this. It's just hard to get too excited.

I think your just a little excited no? Even a little?

Even as a huge fan of the CD era, I knew that it was time for the band to move on somehow. With this, they do have a chance to really ignite things again. But it's like a depleted armed force trying one more offensive. They can either do it, or they'll be toast. So, I would say I'm excited. But I'm also very reluctant to get jubilant about it just yet.