The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I think Axl is highly motivated, to appear better than ever in the reunion. Remember in London when he played with Duff. Remember that rasp and the energy he showed. God that was awesome.Axl knows he sounded shit sometimes, and he knows that Slash and Duff are getting better with age,so they won't suck.He won't let himself being humiliated and people to judge him because of his" shitty" voice . If Axl comes back in 2010 voice or even better 2006,well that would be the biggest gift to each and everyone of us.

ps: we want the Jesus beard, the Charles Manson and the "Kill your idols" t-shirt back.

I think Axl is highly motivated, to appear better than ever in the reunion. Remember in London when he played with Duff. Remember that rasp and the energy he showed. God that was awesome.Axl knows he sounded shit sometimes, and he knows that Slash and Duff are getting better with age,so they won't suck.He won't let himself being humiliated and people to judge him because of his" shitty" voice . If Axl comes back in 2010 voice or even better 2006,well that would be the biggest gift to each and everyone of us.

ps: we want the Jesus beard, the Charles Manson and the "Kill your idols" t-shirt back.

Can we have the tiny little shorts back, too? Or at least the leather kilt? :wub:

Some of you guys think Axl has a "rasp button": dude just turns on the "rasp" when he wants to and turns it off as he wishes. It's like he wanted to give goddamn awful performances and embrass himself in Rock in Rio, then in every performance since then, hit the final nail in the Neil Concert charity thingy and just give up on the Golden Gods performance... If he COULD, he'd sing decenty: truth is, he's old, his voice has weakened, he's out of shape, gets easily out of breath, he could even be under meds for all we know. If he comes up sounding better than the last four years, it's not because he's "motivated" or he decided to use "the rasp", it would be because he fucking rehearsed, got in shape or something like that.

Can we have the tiny little shorts back, too? Or at least the leather kilt? :wub:

Do you really wanna see a 53 years old man with some extra weight in tiny little shorts :P ? Nope, thank you :P

People also think Axl can't learn to get his voice back or whatever. What we got from 2001-2002 to 2006 was a big turnaround, so who knows what could happen?

Like I said, if he comes back sounding better, it's probably because he rehearsed or got into shape, like in 2006, when Axl was actually much fitter than in 2002, and sounding much better.

Do you really wanna see a 53 years old man with some extra weight in tiny little shorts :P ? Nope, thank you :P

Well, you know, none of us look like we did in the 90s. And you must admit, they are quite eye-catching!

I can settle for the leather kilt, though. :P

Some of you guys think Axl has a "rasp button": dude just turns on the "rasp" when he wants to and turns it off as he wishes. It's like he wanted to give goddamn awful performances and embrass himself in Rock in Rio, then in every performance since then, hit the final nail in the Neil Concert charity thingy and just give up on the Golden Gods performance... If he COULD, he'd sing decenty: truth is, he's old, his voice has weakened, he's out of shape, gets easily out of breath, he could even be under meds for all we know. If he comes up sounding better than the last four years, it's not because he's "motivated" or he decided to use "the rasp", it would be because he fucking rehearsed, got in shape or something like that.

Well, doing rehearshals, or get in shape, means he is motivated about it. The fact that Axl sat on his ass shows he was not that much motivated with the last GNR line up.

We dont really know axl. He could in fact have a rasp button. Technology has advanced over the years.

Well, doing rehearshals, or get in shape, means he is motivated about it. The fact that Axl sat on his ass shows he was not that much motivated with the last GNR line up.
Well, that's true. But my guess is they're probably getting a decent management for the reunion and this one's not going to kiss ass like betando/ferbeta

Ever since Slash left in '96 I had what I thought was an inexhaustible enthusiasm for Axl and what he was gonna do musically. But around 2009 my enthusiasm was finally exhausted after 13 years. Now Axl will share the stage with Slash and Duff once again in 2016. And guess what I discovered - I still care! A lot!

If Axl doesn't screw this up I'm gonna fall in love with him all over again. Well at least his music.

• Like 1

Average cost of a 15 second ad for a movie is roughly $1500 per month for one screen. Most theatres I've seen are showing Star Wars in between 2 and 4 different theatres inside the same theatre. So let's say for arguments sake its 3. $1500 x 3= $4500 and thats just for one place. Now multiply that by 200 theatres and youre already up to $900,000.

Where did you get those numbers?

I'm not denying what you are saying. You could very well be correct. I just looked up the cost for an ad at my local theatre and for another larger city and the cost is a hell of a lot cheaper than what your numbers are.

It seems odd that a band would spend a million dollars for ads that don't promote or say what the band is selling. GnR will not need to pay for any marketing to promote an upcoming tour.

Social media and music and entertainment sites will alert the world for free. GnR Facebook page has like 30 million followers. They don't need to spend millions to alert people of a reunion.

And they don't need to spend millions to build up suspense and excitement. The reunion is probably the most talked about item in music right now.

I suppose the most logical thing would be to build up buzz for the first reunion concert to be aired live at the theaters. That would be awesome.....except why all the secrecy, why not just announce it?

• Like 1

People also think Axl can't learn to get his voice back or whatever. What we got from 2001-2002 to 2006 was a big turnaround, so who knows what could happen?

Like I said, if he comes back sounding better, it's probably because he rehearsed or got into shape, like in 2006, when Axl was actually much fitter than in 2002, and sounding much better.

Well that's what I'm saying, but some people are acting like he can't ever sound better again. Like do they forget 15 years ago?

Its weird that Rolling Stone hasn't mentioned anything about this. Makes me think they are in on it and Axl, Slash, and Duff will be on the cover soon. That'll blow your hair back!

thats deep speculation there, who knows they will be the first to release an issue in january with the news and them on the cover, maybe even a first interview... But all us fans go way too crazy and imagining all kinda things lol
  • Like 1

Well that's what I'm saying, but some people are acting like he can't ever sound better again. Like do they forget 15 years ago?

I believe he can still sound great, but age is a factor. The Guns material was always very demanding. I think the clean voice is a good way for him not to strain his vocal chords as much. In 2006, he had a lot of power, but he sang with his clean voice for at least some of the time. Like in the first Hammerstein shows or KROQ for example.

He doesn't prepare, so it's not as consistent as it can be and he was never a consistent singer anyway. It's not like he's 65 though. Still capable imo.

Edited by Rovim

Its weird that Rolling Stone hasn't mentioned anything about this. Makes me think they are in on it and Axl, Slash, and Duff will be on the cover soon. That'll blow your hair back!

thats deep speculation there, who knows they will be the first to release an issue in january with the news and them on the cover, maybe even a first interview... But all us fans go way too crazy and imagining all kinda things lol

At this point anything is possible. Ain't it wild?