The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I hate to have a negative view on this, but no matter how cool this is, there are so many "what ifs" about this. It's just hard to get too excited.

I think your just a little excited no? Even a little?

This thing has increased my excitement way more, old GNR logo on the website, just the logo, nothing else. Then band members list being removed from the fb page. A sneak peak before Star Wars. It is so obvious a reunion is happening and its making me damn excited.

Even as a huge fan of the CD era, I knew that it was time for the band to move on somehow. With this, they do have a chance to really ignite things again. But it's like a depleted armed force trying one more offensive. They can either do it, or they'll be toast. So, I would say I'm excited. But I'm also very reluctant to get jubilant about it just yet.

Perhaps when shit gets real, like CONFIRMED, and we see you know... a pic of Axl, Duff, and Slash smiling or a knock knock joke involving Slash, then you'll get excited as fuck. 20 years. Mind blowing. Hard to digest.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Wonder if Rock Fuel has anything to do with the clips

I hate to have a negative view on this, but no matter how cool this is, there are so many "what ifs" about this. It's just hard to get too excited.

I think your just a little excited no? Even a little?

This thing has increased my excitement way more, old GNR logo on the website, just the logo, nothing else. Then band members list being removed from the fb page. A sneak peak before Star Wars. It is so obvious a reunion is happening and its making me damn excited.

The clips being in black and white signify OLD IMO

Even as a huge fan of the CD era, I knew that it was time for the band to move on somehow. With this, they do have a chance to really ignite things again. But it's like a depleted armed force trying one more offensive. They can either do it, or they'll be toast. So, I would say I'm excited. But I'm also very reluctant to get jubilant about it just yet.

Perhaps when shit gets real, like CONFIRMED, and we see you know... a pic of Axl, Duff, and Slash smiling or a knock knock joke involving Slash, then you'll get excited as fuck. 20 years. Mind blowing.

ok thank God you are not posting pics! HA

Tying the promo to cinemas really makes me think this is a film biopic. Something like Val Kilmer in Okver Stone's The Doors.

Wasn't Reckless Road being turned into a film?

Dunno man, I don't believe any of this stuff until it actually happens...really hoping it's a reunion though

I know everyone is dubious that Axl is going to get in shape or take this seriously, but imo this is the only thing that is going to motivate him to get in shape and perform.

Is he really going to show up to this thing and let the story be that Slash did great, but Axl was out of shape both physically and vocally? Is Slash going to do this without some assurances that Axl takes it seriously?

Totally.. Totally.. agree with this. I'm pretty sure we gonna see a descent, powerfull come back from Axl.

A nice version back from the 2010 days like this one above. So powerfull and rusty..

Holy shit this is fucking awesome

Tying the promo to cinemas really makes me think this is a film biopic. Something like Val Kilmer in Okver Stone's The Doors.

Dunno man, I don't believe any of this stuff until it actually happens...really hoping it's a reunion though

Reckless Road turning into a movie din't work out and later on Axl was not interested in Reckless Road. Its most prob. a reunion.

Axl and Slash are bonding. Probably buying shotguns together as we speak. With Duff, the bond, Fortus, and Dizzy Reed anything is possible.

Just let Steven fuckin' play and alternate between him, Frank, and the dolphin lover. It will be cool. Naturally, Izzy gets full access and cash.

I just noticed one thing (and I did not read back all 260 pages :( )

The official fanclub is currently closed for new members.

Nightrain, the official Guns N' Roses Fan Club, is currently not accepting new members. Please check back in early 2016 for membership opportunities.

:thumbsup:

awesome, i got in just before they closed up the shop.

How is the Forum there? People there are normal or more Pro Axl fanatics?

not very hopping in the forum. i saw some slash posts and some contests. not very exciting overall, but i didn't really buy in for that. i knew what it was like because i got a free membership for a month when i purchased the bridge school live stream a couple years ago.

didn't marc say they were making a film out of his book awhile back?

Reckless Road turning into a movie din't work out...

How do you know this. Any sources?

I could've sworn that just last night you admitted that they wouldn't be doing this for a documentary film and that it looked like promotion for a reunion, but maybe I'm wrong. :shrugs:

Was the teaser shown during the movie trailers? Or during the little commercials that are played before the trailers (here in Canada, at least).

Before the trailers started.

Just my guess, but if it were for an upcoming movie it'd have been played with the trailers. Anytime I saw those 30 second teasers for a movie they were jammed in the trailers.

Before the trailers would just be a commercial for something. Could be a tour or some other GNR related product but my guess would be it's not a movie.

The most interesting thing is going to be reading all of these posts leading up to the actual announcement. it's actually pretty funny what some people think up. Everything you've seen in the last 3 days was the start of a major marketing advertising campaign by a major marketing company to create hysteria over one thing, a Guns n' Roses reunion. Here's hoping no one from the forum dies between now and when it's announced because you would be really missing out. :P

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

They are all lost cases

------------------

A lot of people mentioned the Reckless Road movie idea.

Nothing comes out of it yet.

Now after this whole reunion thing, who knows....

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209732-talks-under-way-to-make-reckless-road-into-a-movie-marc-canter-confirms-it-will-not-be-a-documentary

They are all lost cases

------------------

A lot of people mentioned the Reckless Road movie idea.

Nothing comes out of it yet.

Now after this whole reunion thing, who knows....

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209732-talks-under-way-to-make-reckless-road-into-a-movie-marc-canter-confirms-it-will-not-be-a-documentary

All valid points but there is ZERO possibility that an entire film that is not a "documentary" could have been completed from November of last year (we would have known something abut it by now, or at least i would have) when it was announced to now. And I highly doubt, even with Axl being Axl, that they would spend millions on a ad campaign to promote the fact that they are "making" a movie about the band that will be released sometime in the future.....

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

Stop with a movie speculation. They are reuniting. End of discussion :headbang:

No shit. I can't believe seemingly smart, grown ass adults think this could be a movie or album release trailer. Maybe they are just so conditioned over the last 20 years to believe that Axl and Slash wouldn't reunite that their minds can't process that it's happening.

• Like 3