The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I hope you guys realize that to have those ads played before star wars cost millions. Literally, millions of dollars. Stop kidding yourself that they are promoting anything other than a reunion.

There must be big, big sponsor money behind this reunion to pay for an ad like that. I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement of the "Guns N' Roses 2016 World Tour - Presented By American Express" :headbang:

Edited by OTHAFA

They are all lost cases

------------------

A lot of people mentioned the Reckless Road movie idea.

Nothing comes out of it yet.

Now after this whole reunion thing, who knows....

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209732-talks-under-way-to-make-reckless-road-into-a-movie-marc-canter-confirms-it-will-not-be-a-documentary

All valid points but there is ZERO possibility that an entire film that is not a "documentary" could have been completed from November of last year (we would have known something abut it by now, or at least i would have) when it was announced to now. And I highly doubt, even with Axl being Axl, that they would spend millions on a ad campaign to promote the fact that they are "making" a movie about the band that will be released sometime in the future.....

Umm, i don't think this movie with Canter on the helm will see the light of the day

I just point out that thread, because a lot of people asked about it

For all those thinking this could fall apart at any time,well I'd imagine the tour contracts are so iron clad that if Axl or Slash or Duff bailed ,they'd be sued into oblivion by Live Nation (or whomever is promoting the upcoming shows) so if I had tickets about a show three months down the road,I wouldn't be worried about it not happening. This stands to be a huge tour with hundreds of millions in potential income.

I hope you guys realize that to have those ads played before star wars cost millions. Literally, millions of dollars. Stop kidding yourself that they are promoting anything other than a reunion.

nah

a couple of hundred thousands

Besides Star Wars, a lot of people claimed that they saw the trailer before various new blockbuster premieres

That would make the sum to the millions ballpark

lel I fucking hope they dont do a full blown world tour, cuz i really dont want to see the breathless mickey destroying himself anymore.

Just do a few shows and call it

I hope you don't last long here too much

Criticising Axl is one thing, make fun of him is another

But being such a negative nancy in this obvious mode will probably result a ban

just sayin'

Average cost of a 15 second ad for a movie is roughly $1500 per month for one screen. Most theatres I've seen are showing Star Wars in between 2 and 4 different theatres inside the same theatre. So let's say for arguments sake its 3. $1500 x 3= $4500 and thats just for one place. Now multiply that by 200 theatres and youre already up to $900,000.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

I know everyone is dubious that Axl is going to get in shape or take this seriously, but imo this is the only thing that is going to motivate him to get in shape and perform.

Is he really going to show up to this thing and let the story be that Slash did great, but Axl was out of shape both physically and vocally? Is Slash going to do this without some assurances that Axl takes it seriously?

Totally.. Totally.. agree with this. I'm pretty sure we gonna see a descent, powerfull come back from Axl.

A nice version back from the 2010 days like this one above. So powerfull and rusty..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcrnngCmlpM

Holy shit this is fucking awesome

Sounds amazing! Compared to his 1993 voice he sounds really good!

http://youtu.be/Z7Varc38O1U

Average cost of a 15 second ad for a movie is roughly $1500 per month for one screen. Most theatres I've seen are showing Star Wars in between 2 and 4 different theatres inside the same theatre. So let's say for arguments sake its 3. $1500 x 3= $4500 and thats just for one place. Now multiply that by 200 theatres and youre already up to $900,000.

They should have made a better teaser if they actually spent a million on it.

They should have made a better teaser if they actually spent a million on it.

Why? Look at the hype its generated already.

• Like 2

Well, I've been silent about this but it seems Axl has given up on his idea of retiring which was the most realistic scenario after Vegas and after his band fell apart.

Risking being fooled once again I cautiously say: I now believe even more.

Why? Nobody denies anything. Old logo on their websites and this ad now... Crazy, but an Axl and Slash partnership seems to be happening.

GnR couldn't end with a turd like CD and the subsequent pathetic DVD. At least a last tour with the big three is a much better way to end all this. I hope this is all true. I hope Axl is happy, he's an idiot but this is the best for everyone, even those losers who still think The General could have been a hit or a masterpiece or whatever... CD era ends now! And I'm fucking glad and all the fans should be as well.

Ps: Jarno is hilarious.

• Like 1

yeah but were talking about the first look stuff not when the actual previews roll right? this is where any local advertiser can pop in an ad and it's relatively inexpensive but when you multiply it over a shitload of theaters it probably isn't cheap.

Has it been talked about yet that duff posted a pic of him rehearsing somewhere and captioned it with "LAMF"?

Calling it rehersal (as in, band rehersal) is a bit of a wishful thinking. It is more likely he was just playing alone. Nothing on that photo suggest othervise.

Edited by Kenan

I just noticed one thing (and I did not read back all 260 pages :( )

The official fanclub is currently closed for new members.

Nightrain, the official Guns N' Roses Fan Club, is currently not accepting new members. Please check back in early 2016 for membership opportunities.

:thumbsup:

awesome, i got in just before they closed up the shop.

How is the Forum there? People there are normal or more Pro Axl fanatics?

The forum is really quiet. But scary for anyone who does not completely and utterly worship the ground Axl walks on. I mean, I like Axl. He's my favourite singer. He's a great songwriter. He's given amazing performances. I have respect for the man. Doesn't mean he can't be frustrating at times, or that I like every single song Guns N' Roses has ever released... Which means I have already been under attack a few times. :lol:

So, if I want to freely discuss things, I hop over here (especially now that there is something to talk about). They do have some cool contests over there, though. The current one involves a surprise, which coincides, of course, with the mystery surrounding recent events.

nah

a couple of hundred thousands

Besides Star Wars, a lot of people claimed that they saw the trailer before various new blockbuster premieres

That would make the sum to the millions ballpark

lel I fucking hope they dont do a full blown world tour, cuz i really dont want to see the breathless mickey destroying himself anymore.

Just do a few shows and call it

I hope you don't last long here too much

Criticising Axl is one thing, make fun of him is another

But being such a negative nancy in this obvious mode will probably result a ban

just sayin'

you dont get my point. I like Axl, I'd love a reunion. but it fucking hurts every goddam time he goes into mickey mode, i don't want to see that anymore

Serious questions: how are the servers doing here? I mean, when the announcement is made this place is probably gonna crash and burn for a few hors, and I'd really like to step by immediately to scream in joy with you guys ):

Hopefully things hold. We have different ways of dealing with that if it comes so we should be OK although how would we truly know? Nothing this big has ever happened before here.

Serious questions: how are the servers doing here? I mean, when the announcement is made this place is probably gonna crash and burn for a few hors, and I'd really like to step by immediately to scream in joy with you guys ):

Hopefully things hold. We have different ways of dealing with that if it comes so we should be OK although how would we truly know? Nothing this big has ever happened before here.

Should i click "forgot my password" link at HTGTH then, just in case? :P

Should i click "forgot my password" link at HTGTH then, just in case? :P

Regardless of the forum/forums we will be active on our twitter and Facebook as well. If anything happens rest assured you will know!

• Like 1