The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

#400%INTEGRITY

Axl isn't doing it for the money

Axl isn't get the GNR name, because he knows that nobody will care about him and his primadonna behaviour in the future

Axl isn't doing it for the money, played private weddings and vegas residencies

----

anybody who think that Axl isn't doing it (if he does) because of the money is demented

THEY ALL doing it because of the paper

On this we agree. Axl may have enough money for ten generations of litle Fernando's but maybe after this tour he'll have enough for twenty.

He will buy a new island to Beta near South America

:headbang:

The fact that Duff has become so level-headed and intelligent really makes me think this reunion is legit .. not just a cash grab, but that he helped Axl and Slash get together and talk through their differences, and various misunderstandings.

The money doesn't hurt, of course ... can't wait to see if we get a public appearance of some kind next week.

[quote name="Subtle Signs" LOL. I highly doubt Pitman was drawing in any ticket buyers. Were you alive for the AFD/UYI tours? Nobody gives a fuck about sub synth bass or whatever he "added" to the songs.

What sound was Axl looking to create next after slash left? The sound of the future. Thats why Slash left. Disagreements with the music. So whether or not Slash was gonna stay.. Axl was gonna create something new.. He needed a fresh new sound. Thats where Pitman came in. Pitman, the synth master. Pitman was kind enough to work his magic on the older songs plus even help axl create Madagascar, The Blues, and Better...powerful songs.. that kept us fans interested in the "band" while Axl and Slash got their unique issues solved. So Pitman was (and maybe still is) an important part of the history of Guns N' Roses. Whether some like it not.

Please stop the thread derailing with arguments about Pitman, start a thread in Civil War if you want to continue. Lets keep this thread about current developments.

Thanks

The fact that Duff has become so level-headed and intelligent really makes me think this reunion is legit .. not just a cash grab, but that he helped Axl and Slash get together and talk through their differences, and various misunderstandings.

The money doesn't hurt, of course ... can't wait to see if we get a public appearance of some kind next week.

"Cash grab" to me is a pointless term. This is their job. Axl is responsible for the livelihoods of who knows how many people. He may as well make as much as he can,while he can. It's a band but also a business capable of generating hundreds of millions of dollars.

• Like 1

Not really a big Trunk fan (I'm indifferent, really), but I don't understand the logic in stating that a person gets all their information about bands "from the internet", when there are thousands of hours of audio/video evidence that he KNOWS THEM PERSONALLY. It is literally impossible to interview that many people without having a full list of contacts. I would have assumed that even a 3-year old would be able to grasp that concept, but this thread suggests otherwise. That is not to say he knows more than anybody else, in fact he said as much when he mentioned that the GNR guys aren't replying to him right now ... for obvious reasons.

The more important question is, if there is a full reunion tour, will we get a special appearance from DJ Ashba?

Thanks man. It's nice to see that there are some actual intelligent posters on here.

LEO

Let me get this straight. You are upset with Trunk because he helped start the speculation.

Do you know what Trunk's job is? You being butthurt about that is like somebody complaint because ESPN covered a pro football story.

And.....he started the speculation about a reunion? You mean the reunion that you and others are saying is a fact, now? Think about that.

Guy was was the first industry insider to say the reunion plans were in motion. And now people are saying the reunion announcement will be any day.

So apparently a Trunk was actually correct.

"Cash grab" to me is a pointless term. This is their job. Axl is responsible for the livelihoods of who knows how many people. He may as well make as much as he can,while he can. It's a band but also a business capable of generating hundreds of millions of dollars.

I definitely agree with your point. Just sayin', there are bands that hate each other, but get hypnotized by some charlatan swinging a dollar sign in front of their eyes, and they agree to it ONLY for the money. I hope that isn't the case here, and I don't think Axl is that kind of person. If he has agreed to a reunion, he must have (IMO) reconnected with Slash on a personal level. Probably due to Duff McKagan. Which would be pretty goddamn awesome, after all these years.

Tour would certainly be great, but also release new music, please.

I don't care if they're cashing in or selling out. They're not some poxy alt rock band who have to keep a cult following happy by never being liked by Coldplay fans. Guns N' Roses belong on the world's biggest stages and that's where they're heading back to.

They'll be doing what we love them doing and they'll be paid handsomely for it. Everyone wins. Apart from Bumblefoot.

I didn't want an autograph or a picture. I just thought he was a little full of himself. The guy lucked out in getting the job he has. The ultimate Wayne and Garth fantasy.

He is very well known for being full of himself.

Most people don't care though, as most people aren't celebrity worshippers and know that most famous people are usually arrogant.

You love Axl. But run up to him next time you see him at a restaurant eating dinner or go knock on his front door. See what happens.

He lucked out getting his job? Lol. For somebody who complained about on-line haters, you sure talk a lot of crap about the celebs you don't like.

Trunk got his career by years of hard work. You don't just luck out and reach the top of your field. He did it through spending grueling hours on the road covering bands and concerts. For decades.

Listen - I can't stand the guy. Seems like an arrogant asshole.

But to downgrade his information and his career just because he didn't placate you like some other celebs have.....that just seems a little juvenile

Ugh, i would say i fully agree with you, but we shouldn't put Trunk on a piedestal

Yeah, he works hard like a coal miner lol

That being said, Trunk just says what everybody is guessing since the Coachella rumours... not a big deal really

he interviewed Axl nearly 10 years ago and SLash started to avoid him lately

I wonder why...

Crash Diet - Trunk interviewed Axl in 2011. That's four years ago.

In what world does 4 years equal "nearly 10 years ago."

• Like 1

Now that we know it's gonna happen,let's hope a reunited Skid Row signs on as the opening band. The Pink Slips (Duff's daughters band)could open and it'll still be a massive success so there's no point in going after some hip ,flavor of the month band.

Edited by Subtle Signs

It always amuses me when people talk about it not "being just for the money" or vise versa. It is ALWAYS for the money. This is their job. No one here goes to work just for the fun of it or to make the fans happy.

Anyway, can't wait to get some real news and a photo of them all together.

Whether Izzy and Steven are involved or not, living close to LA, I am sure they'd show up and I'd get to see them all together at least for a few songs and that is good enough by me.

Edited by Stiff Competition

Now that we know it's gonna happen,let's hope a reunited Skid Row signs on as the opening band. The Pink Slips (Duff's daughters band)could open and it'll still be a massive success so there's no point in going after some hip ,flavor of the month band.

Skid row reunion

Alice cooper

GnR......with three new songs and they pull out 4/5 deep cuts and not just the same songs Axl has been playing live for the last 16 years.

Axl shows up in shape. And Izzy and Adler or Sorum is involved.

That would be perfect.

Skid row reunion

Alice cooper

GnR......with three new songs and they pull out 4/5 deep cuts and not just the same songs Axl has been playing live for the last 16 years.

Axl shows up in shape. And Izzy and Adler or Sorum is involved.

That would be perfect.

Izzy and Adler or Gilby ;)

Rock n roll is not like a real job. You cant do this without for the love of it.

So what youre saying is basically bs

Lol. No. Being a musician is a real job. It's not just the two hours you see the band on stage.

If it was all about the music and not money, then Axl would have released CD2 and CD3 and would be playing free shows at clubs.

Why did I have to pay $150 to go are GnR a couple years ago? Why do I have to pay $150 for a GnR blanket?

Millions of dollars changes everything.

Don't be naive.

Over on Sludge,there are people claiming (not Stevie) that the AFD 5 will play the first 5 shows of the tour. Stevie had some great posts in the thread with more inside information. Please don't ask who Stevie Rachelle is,Google is your friend.http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=327846

Edited by Subtle Signs

Post Re: WOW...More industry insider info on the GNR reunion

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:

Tracii Guns? HELLO? He's a bigger name than Izzy these days.

Never happen. Do you really think they need a "bigger name" for any reason at all? Ummm, no.

It's Axl, Slash & Duff. And whoever they decided to hire for the week, month or leg of a specific tour. If anyone so much as steps a foot to the left, they will be replaced faster than Summer's replaces clip-in extentsions on tour. Anyone who thinks it's just the 5 guys is higher than Scott Weiland was on Dec. 3rd. It's the Big 3, Dizzy will be on keys, Frank on drums and Richard on rythym. And Izzy will saunter in a few nights and do 2-3 songs. Adler will get a chance to play a song or two, and my guess, might even be done 38 Special style. With both drummers. I've heard from sources Axl does not like Sorum, and he's also said a few dumb things in recent years - so he's not likely to be there unless he bought a ticket. Scatter in a guest here or there on guitar, or Bach singing a duet with the boss on a night or two. Maybe if Fortus breaks an arm or something, they might bring in Gilby for a run of shows. I'd also wager there will be another utitlity player or two on the trek playing keyboards, or maybe even some extra guitar. Mark my words on all of this. #SuckIt

$ludge

(The long post was by Stevie Rachelle of TUFF and the owner of Metal Sludge)http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=327846

Edited by Subtle Signs

Over on Sludge,there are people claiming (not Stevie) that the AFD 5 will play the first 5 shows of the tour. Stevie had some great posts in the thread with more inside information. Please don't ask who Stevie Rachelle is,Google is your friend.http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=327846

NICE. I like the idea of Adler joining the band. He still has it. Sorum I never really cared about. If buckethead does an appearance I might shite myself. Edited by Frozen Inferno

be wary of assuming those posts over there from anonymous members are all correct. Stevie (CEO of MetalSludge) no doubt has his connections, but some of these other guys popping up are newly registered and could just be saying whatever they want to spread rumours.

Agreed. Stevie broke the Ashba hiring so he could be getting his info from Dj but no doubt that if he says it's Axl,Slash,Duff with guest spots from Izzy and Adler,I'm inclined to believe him.

Edited by Subtle Signs