The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Gilby didn't do anything Fortus hasn't done. Gilby was simply there during the classic era. Its semi-irrational, but if Izzy wouldn't tour I would prefer they just got Gilby. Like, I fully understand all the logical reasons they wouldn't (Fortus fits the role just fine, he's already there so why drag Gilby into it when they don't have to add a new element, keeping some sort of vestige of Axl's failed vision) but as someone that didn't see Classic GNR, my dream would be the reunion is as close to that as possible. Meaning, everyone on stage was there 1993 or earlier.

To me, the rhythm guitar player is no concern at all. If its not Izzy thats a massive, semi-expected blow, and it doesn't really matter who replaces him. No one could, but anyone could play the parts, so its literally useless who it is. Drummer is a different scenario. If they fuck up the drum situation I think thats gonna be annoying. There's no one reason it shouldn't be Adler and Sorum, or simply just Sorum, and I'm not quite sure how you argue otherwise. Thats a case where there's two people that would love to it and if they don't it'll be sad. All original/classic members should be asked, and IMO the only reason any of them shouldn't be on stage is if they declined to participate, which is really just Izzy.

Eddy trunk is just saying what the fans on mygnrforum think. Very smooth.

Piss off. Everyone on HERE is simply saying what they've heard. Eddie is doing the same. If he were a no one, no one would care. But because he's a minor celebrity people think everything he says should be underground gospel. He's saying what he's heard, no more, no less.

This is like Wonka announcing the Golden Tickets.

It definitely won't turn out the way we're dreaming. But it'll be fun as hell to watch!

That teaser trailer means that a professional company is now running the show- not Fernando. We'll see how long that can last.

Man I seriously can't wait to see slash doing November rain solo. This is insanneee.

He has played that solo - with Axl on stage - hundreds of times. You think he is going to bring something bigger and better to it than he did 22 years ago?

Odd that so many forum members have legit inside sources who know exactly what is happening. Yet guys like Eddie Trunk and people who work as music reporters/critics can't get real information. Trunk or Rolling Stone can't break the news - but the biggest reunion is rock music history has been leaked to 8 guys on this forum?

Trunk can't report off the record... This is too big for some leaks not to happen....
Lol - trunk and music sites report off the record stuff all the time.

And people in the inner circle, who are trying to keep this a secret, are just randomly telling their friends.....who then go to GnR forums and report the news?

I'd imagine it's more to do with seeing Slash play the song for the first time in 20+ years, rather than he's going to change it and make it better. Come on! You don't get a little jittery about the idea of Slash soloing on Axls piano for that finale!?

As for trunk he probably does know something more than he does but! He doesn't want to mess up his chance of interviewing them if they pull off the reunion. I think he voiced his personal opinion about reunion rumblings before things got crazy and has stayed pretty grounded ever since. No problems with the guy, he's a good interview!

Piss off. Everyone on HERE is simply saying what they've heard. Eddie is doing the same. If he were a no one, no one would care. But because he's a minor celebrity people think everything he says should be underground gospel. He's saying what he's heard, no more, no less.

I'm not saying that what "some" of the insiders on here are saying is bs. I'm saying that eddy trunk probably gets his sources from his assistant who reads what insiders on mygnrforum are saying like most websites are doing right now. Like rollingstone.com and etc. Edited by Frozen Inferno

How many tuesdays left? :rolleyes:

He is just pulling this out of his ass

Anything can change, yeah no shit Sherlock

You just basically said what Frozen said :facepalm:

Yeah, we know that you're an Eddie Trunk buttplug, but c'mon....

Trunk is a fraud like most of these radio celebs

Wow, we actually agree on something. Hee Hee.

I don't even care what Trunk says, but if tomorrow Axl says that Trunk is the best reliable source and how cool and great trunk is, then Im sure Annie you would say something else.

I don't even care what Trunk says, but if tomorrow Axl says that Trunk is the best reliable source and how cool and great trunk is, then Im sure Annie you would say something else.
I don't think that will ever happen.

Wondering what Axl fans and fans of the new band are thinking about all this. Slash doesn't seem to be a cancer anymore, Axl's vision wasn't that great, all the unreleased music won't see the light of day... I'm glad I'm a fan of real gnr.

Yeah, what about the savior of GNR, Paul Tobkias? What about the longest-serving Gunner ever, Doctor Tommy Stusson?

What about Gary Sundhine? How about Silkworms?

And how about the one who is better than the old one? He'd take a bullet for Axl.

But even so, I still can't believe that Axl could pull his head out of his ass and admit nuGNR was a failure. I don't see him getting on stage with the cancer ever again.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

skeptical side of me says its just an add for a new vegas dvd... maybe that biopic ? no clue wtv happened to that... idk just seems too good to be true given the shit weve been through these past 20 some odd years... wasnt played in every city was it? like i hope its what i think it is but someone posted that it was some random theatre in illinois? has anyone actually been to see star wars and saw this with their own eyes?

skeptical side of me says its just an add for a new vegas dvd... maybe that biopic ? no clue wtv happened to that... idk just seems too good to be true given the shit weve been through these past 20 some odd years... wasnt played in every city was it? like i hope its what i think it is but someone posted that it was some random theatre in illinois? has anyone actually been to see star wars and saw this with their own eyes?

One of my closest friends saw it in Wilkes-Barre, PA last night.