The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Ok I saw that teaser a few pages back, they should have added the original logo after the clip so people would know that its Guns N' Roses.

But its cool, like its obvious it is happening.

A few days ago, I was telling people make 200 pages and within a few hours 30 pages popped up out of no where lol.

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 1

Ok so since my inbox is blowing up....

1. Heard confirmation of reunion from Duff earlier this year.

2. Izzy wild card, no confirmation on drummer.

3. Was supposed to be announced Christmas Day (I said this sometime in the last two months) but instead we just got the old logo (confirmation enough)

4. I heard new songs were already written hence the photos of Izzy and Duff in the studio.

5. There might be some type on confirmation on or after New Year's Eve

I said the same exact points way before you.......wait a sec......are you a member of the BNU too?

who is this HollywoodRose84 guy again?

another self proclaimed insider?

If i remember correctly he was just a regular poster here in the past

Yet he now claims that he was got insider info

smells bullshit to me

Ok so since my inbox is blowing up....

1. Heard confirmation of reunion from Duff earlier this year.

2. Izzy wild card, no confirmation on drummer.

3. Was supposed to be announced Christmas Day (I said this sometime in the last two months) but instead we just got the old logo (confirmation enough)

4. I heard new songs were already written hence the photos of Izzy and Duff in the studio.

5. There might be some type on confirmation on or after New Year's Eve

I said the same exact points way before you.......wait a sec......are you a member of the BNU too?

who is this HollywoodRose84 guy again?

another self proclaimed insider?

If i remember correctly he was just a regular poster here in the past

Yet he now claims that he was got insider info

smells bullshit to me

Maybe he wore the GNR sweater :lol:

There's definitely an old clip, one where Axl is in the crowd (back to camera) :o:axl92:

I don't think that's Axl. And I don't see any UYI tour footage. It is definitely recent crowds because of the clothing and arenas.

Not sure what to make of it. The old logo on the website front page, though - that's interesting.

Its a dream come true. Saw them first live in 93 when i was 10. did the whole CD era...and now finally getting awarded to see the greatest thing in rock again. Unbelievable.

When you were 10?! Your parents must have been very cool, mine wouldn't let me go that same year and I was 13. They thought I would come back from the show a heroin addict.
I was able to go with my neighbours. Cologne 93. still have the ticket.

Nice. My cousin and her friend were going to take me to Milton Keynes show in 93, but it was blocked by the powers that be (parents). I have seen Guns N Roses in London in 2002, Velvet Revolver in 04, 05 and 08 and Slash in 2012, but I will never forgive my parents for robbing me of the opportunity to see them in the 90s.

I have seen Guns N Roses in 2002

lol

Yeah, it was not good. Buckethead did some nunchuck breakdance. We wondered why one of the guitarists had given himself a Friar Tuck haircut. And all the guitar solos were shit. Good times!

Edited by SoundOfAGun

Did anyone read the comment from Epiphone? I've taken this from an article on alternativenation.net (article one of the first you will find in a Google search for guns n roses):

Epiphone, the sister company of Slashs guitar company Gibson, is reporting that something is going on between the guitarist and Guns N Roses:

Weve been hearing the rumors for months about a reunion of the original line-up of Guns N Roses. But even our well-placed Epiphone informants are still keeping details under wraps. But is there something going on? Yes. But what exactly we cant say yet. Though numerous mags are confirming a 2017 reunion tour (or at least a massive anniversary show), no one from the original line-up is going all-out on record. But you can bet if the web is a-buzz already at the rumor of massive stadium shows, something good is in the works and that much we can tell you. Meanwhile, Slash and his Conspirators will be ringing in the New Year in Las Vegas at the House of Blues.

I'm just gonna re-post this as it seems to me as this is a pretty big deal?!

Epiphone (who Slash deals with) have all but confirmed a reunion is happening.

A freebie in Hyde Park. Axl in a tutu!!

Len, will you honestly see a reunion? I just couldn't see you paying your £100 for ''old fart rock''. But it is Guns N' Roses!

Bollocks, i ain't gonna go see no reunion, I just like joining in the discourse here, they could get fucked as far as I'm concerned, pack of wankers the lot of em. Most especially Axl Rose. I actually admired him to a point about his stance about not doing a reunion, I mean some strong stuff was said there, 'one of us will die before there is a reunion', goes to show you, money is the great equaliser of life, money cools out all principles, wave a fuckin' pound note under their nose and they'll arf and beg and roll over and all that bollocks, i think it's disgusting.

Besides which i went to see NuGnR and they were shite, Axl just ain't fuckin' got it, not vocally, not in terms of his moves (he looked like a fat ginger with a bad back pretending to be Axl Rose), not in any sense.

You simply cannot recreate chemistry, it's something you nuture and that grows with you and the direction that your creative evolution goes, it does wait there for 30 years for you to come back together, they are different people now that have gone in different directions (or just stagnated and become uninspired) musically, it will be a bag of shite. No way. No way on earth I'd go to see a GnR reunion. And God what the audience'll be like, it ain't gonna be no rock n roll show, it's gonna be a tens of thousands of iphones pointing up at a stage 50 foot in the air whilst people watch a once halfway decent band embarass themselves. The entire notion to me is just odious.

And Slash, fuck me how undignified can you get, this guy called you a fuckin' cancer right when your Mum was fallin' off the perch from cancer, he's fuckin' run you down, called you all sorts of shit, question your honesty, integrity and all sorts over fuckin' decades, mugged you off like nobodys business...but suddenly it's alright now?

All fuckin' comes down to money basically. The whole thing is just such a fuckin' sham, particular when you think of the legal situation that exists regarding Axl and his ownership of the band, that 'legal faux pas' that Slash made, basically admitted that, to his mind, he got fucked out of his dues there by Axl....and now he's gonna go back and play with him, despite that situation still being in place? Thats called being a fuckin' mug.

'But it's Guns n Roses!' really doesn't count for much, not while The Rolling Stones are still touring, I'd rather go see them and i think their tours nowadays are a bit hollow too...but it beats the pants off of GnR. 'But it's The Beatles!', now that phrase would count for something, only we're a little handicapped in that regard as you know :lol:

Would you like an old fart Beatles reunion as it was happening? There is an interview with Lennon just before he died where he said they would probably get together. 1980s speeded up brassy renditions of I Saw Her Standing There. Beatles with mullets.

The old fart bit don't bother me, it's all the other stuff. As for The Beatles, see, when you are talking about The Beatles you are talking about the exception to every rule. They were just astonishingly brilliant, there are not enough superlatives (i sound like a football commentator!) to describe how much they were the fuckin' dogs bollocks, they could show up in fuckin' Noddy Holder outfits for the all the difference it makes, just when those 4 bastards lock in together musically, then magic happens. Now I'm a fuckin' professional cynic of the highest order but there is no other way to describe what those 4 lads made together other than just fuckin' magic. I would do anything, ANYTHING, i mean abso-fucking-lutely ANYTHING for a Beatles reunion. I mean i don't need to fuckin' explain to you what they were, you know as well as i do, they were like a one off fuckin' miracle of brilliance. If I could just see The Beatles onstage doing fuckin' Rain, however the fuck they looked, they could have their faces burned off with sulphuric acid (in fact that sight alone would be worth any admission price :lol:) I could die a fuckin' happy man. If i could see that then i wouldn't care if a billion GnRs and Motley Crues and Bon Jovis and The Cures and all them wanky fuckin' bands were blinked out of existence in an instant, The Beatles were the fuckin' living end. Love em.

They were the coolest fuckin' bastards ever, with their slick fuckin' suits and lairy fuckin' scouse cocksureness, they were it, they were the lads. The Beatles can wear their hair any fuckin' way they like, fuck me they couldn't've dressed in the 80s as bigger prats than they did in their day with the Sgt Peppers costumes, dodgy taches...and what the fuck was that white fuckin' suit and big brim hat that John was wearing during The Ballad of John and Yoko video clips? Don't matter though cuz they're The Beatles.

Go Home Ringo Starr, you're drunk! GNR for the win over the Beatles!