The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

It's marketing 101. It's creating hype around something that isnt even there yet. It's choosing the biggest audience from all walks of life to tease something that they know damn well is going to be talked about by diehard fans and people who have no idea what they just saw but want to find out. This is quite possibly the greatest marketing strategy for any launch in the history of the world. Using Star Wars for their audience was brilliant.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

I didn't see Axl raising a budweiser at any point in that clip so it must be reunion related.

Man this reunion is going to be big, being previewed before STAR WARS, seriously big money behind this thing, no wonder they got Axl on board.

Yeah... and not like in some shitty theatre sitting deep in the Nevada desert, it appears to be one of the biggest franchises. That's not a cheap ad.

It's marketing 101. It's creating hype around something that is t even there yet. It's choosing the biggest audience from all walks of life to tease something that they know damn well is going to be talked about by dig are fans and people who have no idea what they just saw but want to find out. This is quite possibly the greatest marketing strategy for any launch in the history of the world. Using Star Wars for their audience was brilliant.

Couldn't agree more, and by using this method the hype initially spreads via word of mouth. Since you're definitely not supposed to record in a movie theatre! lol

Brilliant ploy. TB, if this was you, colour me impressed.

Man, with this many people hyping a reunion, imagine the disappointment if nothin happens...

My sources at Metal Edge magazine tell me that Tracii Guns and Rob Gardner are actually rejoining the band. A rich Uncle of Gardner's secured the funding for the Star Wars ads.

It was a joke,Broseph.I didn't say it was funny. If it makes one person chuckle,then I'm happy.

Edited by Subtle Signs

I will happily eat my words if this doesn't happen.

But, I still don't believe a reunion will happen, whether it's because it's not in the works or because it implodes before getting off the ground.

They went from that cheesy video slot game to a professionally-run reunion campaign? I just don't see it.

If anyone doubts this is occurring ask yourself how much Regal Cinemas charged, on a per theater basis (or hell, a bulk rate for all of them) to insert that clip into their pre-movie promo reel? Its not like they're just going to let some art student edit a clip and throw it in there for free. Remember, ALWAYS follow the money - it tends to lead to the right answers a lot more often than not.

• Like 3

I will happily eat my words if this doesn't happen.

But, I still don't believe a reunion will happen, whether it's because it's not in the works or because it implodes before getting off the ground.

They went from that cheesy video slot game to a professionally-run reunion campaign? I just don't see it.

Well you probably now have a mix of people putting forward ideas.

There was a pic floating around of Slash and his new girlfriend at a Star Wars showing. I didn't think much at the time, but it could have been a subtle clue.

If anyone doubts this is occurring ask yourself how much Regal Cinemas charged, on a per theater basis (or hell, a bulk rate for all of them) to insert that clip into their pre-movie promo reel? Its not like they're just going to let some art student edit a clip and throw it in there for free. Remember, ALWAYS follow the money - it tends to lead to the right answers a lot more often than not.

Axl said not in this lifetime though.