The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I don't know if the ad featured the same crowd as the GNR page but in it the recording was a live version of Jungle, maybe from Live Era, and overtop it was probably Axl from Live Era or another show. It was definitely 91-93 Axl and from a gig.

But what exactually is in the trailer ?

See my post above.

Edited by SlashisGOD

I don't know if the ad featured the same crowd as the GNR page but in it the recording was a live version of Jungle, maybe from Live Era, and overtop it was probably Axl from Live Era or another show. It was definitely the old Axl and from a gig.

So we're talking 90s Axl? IIRC live era redubbed "you're gonna dieeeeee" onwards but not the first bit.

Edit: ah.

Edited by MrSoftie

So a teaser trailer for a Guns N' Roses classic line-up reunion plays in front of Star Wars Episode VII

If you had told me that in early 2012, I woulda laughed myself to pieces

Dreama do come true

Funnt to see casual fans and people talk about this https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/3yb5td/guns_n_roses_website_revamped_and_old_original/

So a teaser trailer for a Guns N' Roses classic line-up reunion plays in front of Star Wars Episode VII

If you had told me that in early 2012, I woulda laughed myself to pieces

Dreama do come true

Funnt to see casual fans and people talk about this https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/3yb5td/guns_n_roses_website_revamped_and_old_original/

Yeah, funny to see how dumb people are:

"MrMapleSauce 61 points 2 hours ago

Rock in Rio 2011, he was supposed to get on stage at midnight, he got there at around 3 am just as the rain started pouring, show ended with the sun rising two hours later."

Lol

Ok, I'm just gonna leave this here. There is absolutely no way in hell anybody besides Steven should play live on the AFD tracks. He clearly still has it. Watch this if you haven't.

Fuck, even you're on board with this reunion thing... :P.

I was the biggest new GnR fan around '06 up until '12. Axl has been treading water for years though. Where else is he gonna take it? TWO VEGAS RESIDENCIES! Might as well reform the original lineup as best we can, tour and hopefully put out new music. I do still want to hear everything from the CD sessions though. But that era is clearly over.

GNR 1991 is the man!

I LOVE seeing all these people coming back here! I can only imagine once the reunion actually happens how many other old-timers reappear.

• Like 1

Any old timers remember getting your tour news from magazines like Metal Edge? It was always months behind. If you wanted things to be more current, you had MTV News. Now if Axl and Slash so much as look at each other the wrong way,it'll be reported within minutes on the Internet. The times,they are a changin'.

Those not wanting Adler involved are going to be disappointed.

Who wouldn't want Adler involved? We've seen recent video of him kicking ass on drums.I suppose there are some Forum members who just base their GnR likes/dislikes on whatever Axl says but for the most part,Adler is the favorite drummer of most GnR fans. I don't know anyone in real life,over the age of 35 who grew up with AFD that'd prefer Frank over Steven.

Edited by Subtle Signs

and it will be pretty damn funny for Sorum, he said really bad things bout Frank in 2012.

Like what?

So many passive-aggressive moments. I remember one day, Sorum would put "activist drummer for GNR..." on his twitter bio before KOC, and one day a dude pointed that out it wasn't true. Then Sorum began to call Frank a nobody, and asked which songs Frank played on as a joke, someone schooled him with Chinese, Better, If The World, TWAT and IRS, then Matt was acting like those songs never existed.

Matt has now deleted those twits. Anyway let's wait and see what's going on.

From anyone I've spoken to in the industry most say Matt is an asshole.
Regardless of whether he is an asshole or isn't, Id imagine he'd still be involved in this alleged reunion regardless, since they'd likely need him for the illusion songs
Not necessarily. Haven't had confirmation that drummers will be original.
You've had confirmation that Slash and Duff are in tho?