The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

The most exciting thing about all this is the talk of 1-2 new songs.

Which will be dismissed by people since it's Stevie Rachelle /Metal Sludge even though he has more contacts in the Industry than anyone on here including our beloved "insiders". He broke the Ashba joining Guns news when most people here had no clue who Dj was.

I'm just hoping it's two instead of just one. They should put out a new Greatest Hits with two new kick-ass songs, then add these new songs to the setlist to freshen things up for the tour. Much like The Stones did with Grrrrr.

Edited by Towelie

Here's my problem with this ... they posted the old logo on the website ... everybody is taking that as a sign of the original 5 reuniting ... if this is a slash/duff coming back only .. they are really misleading everybody ...

Just Slash is enough to do huge business. Sadly outside of us,most people don't care about Duff and to a lesser extent Izzy and Adler. I feel bad for Adler if Frank is the drummer. That seems like it'll crush Steven to see a guy who had nothing to do with GN'R's success up there playing drums in 2016.

I'm sure IF this happens that they at least considered bringing popcorn in. if they couldn't make it work then i'm not gonna skip the show cause he's not there.

i feel bad for the guy but it's his own actions that put him in the position

I can't believe people on here would be mad if it doesn't include Izzy. The man is 50 plus years old and I can't see him wanting to commit to a long tour. He doesn't need the money or the spotlight. I don't think anyone (besides BBA )would skip the tour because of Adler not playing but I hope he gets at least one last moment on the big stage with Guns.

i'm sure izzy will keep on doing what he's been doing- showing up here and there for a few shows no doubt. adler- well it probably depends on how he handles it when they hit the road without him. it would be nice for them to do an anniversary gig with those 5 or maybe some other one off, i'd like to see that for sure. steven's royalty checks will definitely increase if this happens so i'm sure that will help him a bit financially.

The most exciting thing about all this is the talk of 1-2 new songs.

Which will be dismissed by people since it's Stevie Rachelle /Metal Sludge even though he has more contacts in the Industry than anyone on here including our beloved "insiders". He broke the Ashba joining Guns news when most people here had no clue who Dj was.

I'm just hoping it's two instead of just one. They should put out a new Greatest Hits with two new kick-ass songs, then add these new songs to the setlist to freshen things up for the tour. Much like The Stones did with Grrrrr.

As much as I don't want another Greatest Hits (since we all pretty much own everything that will be on it except the new songs) I could see this being the way to go for now. They could then release the new album in 2017.

The most I'd expect out of "new material" is tracks like Fall to Pieces featuring Axl, and This I Love featuring Slash

really? i'd be more inclined to think it would be either a cover or something they had a start on but never completed. axl on fall to pieces would be sweet, but we are never going to see that.

Let's see, Slash confirms friendship with Axl, GNR loses 3 guitarist, speculation gets intense, everyone stays silent, everyone gets confused, speculation dies down.

Old GNR logo appears on website, theatres report seeing GNR snippet at Star Wars, speculation is building again..

This all seems very much planned haha

Most casuals have seen the Ritz performance on youtube, and that is the embodiment of GNR to them. I think the appeal of the full classic line-up is underestimated on these boards.

Yeah Axl and Slash are the big draws, especially business wise, but I don't think you can team them with just anyone. No need to downtalk the classic members. They all contributed to GNR's lasting legacy.

I can't believe people on here would be mad if it doesn't include Izzy. The man is 50 plus years old and I can't see him wanting to commit to a long tour. He doesn't need the money or the spotlight. I don't think anyone (besides BBA )would skip the tour because of Adler not playing but I hope he gets at least one last moment on the big stage with Guns.

Duff and Slash are also 50. Axl is 53. Lots of the biggest touring acts are 50+. Aerosmith, Stones, Sabbath, Metallica, Springsteen, U2 etc. If you think he's not capable of touring because of inactivity, say so. His age isn't a factor, unless he has health issues.

And we don't even know if there's going to be a long tour, or what kind of schedule they will have. So it's not impossible that Izzy will be there. Playing a few festivals, which seems to be plan, is not that gruelling.

Gotta remember, right now it's not looking like a full world tour for 18 months. All the rumours have indicated 3 months of festival appearances between April and August. 2 in the US, 5 or 6 in Europe. I remember last year seeing rumours of them doing Soundwave but that's been cancelled, so they probably aren't going far East or Australia. But ya'd expect them to make it to South America too.

So what is it, maximum of say 10 shows in 3 continents over 4 months. Can't see a particular reason why Izzy wouldn't be up for that. Fortus could still be involved too for the 3 guitarist lineup that Axl likes and I can't see either Izzy or Slash being bothered by that. As for drummers, if the other 4 are involved, I think they'd take Adler along for the ride. Never actually heard anything he's done in recent years. Can he genuinely not play UYI stuff or is it just assumed that years of abuse have left us with an opinion that he wouldn't be able to manage it?

Axl with a bandana, without that jacket and all the shit, no hat, no glasses, just an Appetite shirt, leans against Slash's shoulder and goes on a long rant about forgiveness and not taking the negative shit to his grave. He then cracks a joke about people picking on his weight, says Slash is also fat, who gives a fuck, fuck off. Then rasps the shit out of YCBM.

• Like 1

Can't help but get giddy of the thought of Slash's new years eve show and how good it would be if he started with the Welcome To the Jungle intro and off stage you hear "Do you know where the fuck you are!?!" and then out walks Axl, they nail WTTJ, Brownstone and Night train or something, make a comment to tour announcement and he walks off with Myles having to follow that.

That Slash show seems to conveniently fucking placed now as well.

So has anyone outside the US seen the film teaser yet?

Know three people that went to see the movie between yesterday and today in Brazil, no teaser for them.

Cool. Just hoping it's not a sign of a US-only tour.

God knows I'm joining you in those hopes.

Otherwise I'll just sell my car or some other shit and go to the US as soon as I make sure Axl can still sing.

Edited by Pedrolg

Just imagne the first time axl will introduce slash on stage....damn

On the guitar... Ladies and gentlemen, Slash!

God, I get goosebumps just thinking about that...

I hope he introduces him the way he did at the Ritz in '88. That would be fucking awesome

I would cry out of joy...

Most casuals have seen the Ritz performance on youtube, and that is the embodiment of GNR to them. I think the appeal of the full classic line-up is underestimated on these boards.

Yeah Axl and Slash are the big draws, especially business wise, but I don't think you can team them with just anyone. No need to downtalk the classic members. They all contributed to GNR's lasting legacy.

Duff and Slash are also 50. Axl is 53. Lots of the biggest touring acts are 50+. Aerosmith, Stones, Sabbath, Metallica, Springsteen, U2 etc. If you think he's not capable of touring because of inactivity, say so. His age isn't a factor, unless he has health issues.

And we don't even know if there's going to be a long tour, or what kind of schedule they will have. So it's not impossible that Izzy will be there. Playing a few festivals, which seems to be plan, is not that gruelling.

I've never down talked the classic lineup. The importance of Adler,Izzy,etc.seems to be dismissed by those who weren't old enough to be around for the real deal. As far as Izzy goes ,yeah I can see him popping up for a guest appearance or two.I brought up his age because he seems to be content not playing live and just enjoying the fruits of his labor.