Terrorist attack thread

alfierose

18 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Thank you. Everyone is safe though I'm more worried about my dad's colleagues ( he has two hundreds of them to worry about ).

Oh that must be nervewrecking. Hope it will be allright.

I have been to Nice many times and the boulevard is such a fun and beatiful part off the city. It will now forever has a dark side to it. Lots of kids were there as well. What a horrible thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Thank you. Still checking on my parents colleagues...Nice just woke up and the atmosphere here is so eerie...

Come on man...

8 hours ago, action said:

:hug:

Im just being shitty. These things just get me so mad

3 hours ago, wasted said:

The fact we have a terroris thread is kind of disturbing. Ah another terror attack just throw it the thread with the others. I'll check out the mash potato thread then watch netflix. 

I was thinking this earlier, grim innit?

Saw CNN with the coverage of the Paris attack. Just terrible.

the French police did their best and stopping the truck driver before he could crash the truck with the explosives in it was impressive.

Unfortunately the driver was able to kill 85 people and wounding hundreds more before he was stopped.

This attack of terrorism is very hard to foresee or stop. This is what ISIS has been preaching on the internet and it seems more and more lone wolves are listening to their call.

When you are not afraid to die for a cause you believe in, what is there left to threaten you with? These crazy savages believe they are going to another life. I only wish I could see their faces when they realize that's not the case. In the meantime more and more attacks seem to happen and more and more people suffer because of it.

There's no way to fully stop a group of people who are hell bent on destroying anything other than their own crazy beliefs. For one that you kill, there are many many more behind them waiting for their chance. Just sad and terrifying.

• 5 months later...

I'm starting to wonder if it's an irresponsible risk to take my daughter to the Christmas market later this week. I'll still do it though.

I have often wondered about that too, what a world this has become. Funny thing is, my daughter doesn't even notice the soldiers with heavy weapons. It always gives me a shock, even if I should be used to them by now, but to my daughter, this is already normal, part of what the city's like.

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Brazilian media saying a 'truck' attacked and killed people in Berlin. No, filthy leftist media, it was not a truck, it was a Muslim Terrorist.

second attack with an assault truck, they really need to be banned. also kind of funny how people on this board were telling me using a vehicle was an impractical way of killing large amounts of people.

Edited by bran

Apparently they don't have the right guy. I can't believe this much time was wasted on this refugee. Ugh, apparently he had a bunch of different names, which made the questioning and investigation difficult. It reminds me of that stupid PhD student last summer who went out in Brussels with 30 degree weather in a winter coat with wires sticking out. It took hours and hours before it was clear he was a student doing some kind of research :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Apparently they don't have the right guy. I can't believe this much time was wasted on this refugee. Ugh, apparently he had a bunch of different names, which made the questioning and investigation difficult. It reminds me of that stupid PhD student last summer who went out in Brussels with 30 degree weather in a winter coat with wires sticking out. It took hours and hours before it was clear he was a student doing some kind of research :facepalm:

the world has gone haywire

one thing that reassures me, is in history there have always been radicals. the French revolution, the russian revolution, the Nazis, now the terrorists..

what we have learned is, the more radical, the sooner you die in conflict. a quick look at the IS member list reveals a lot of them are already killed in action. everytime a terrorist blows himself up, there is less on of them. now I know, the sad thing is there is always a lot of victims, but by definition the radicals are limited in number. that's what makes them radical in the first place.

30 minutes ago, bran said:

second attack with an assault truck, they really need to be banned. also kind of funny how people on this board were telling me using a vehicle was an impractical way of killing large amounts of people.

No doubt when you finally follow through on your inevitable mental metallers killing spree you'll clear up a great many misconceptions regarding the efficency of different methods of mass murder :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I'm starting to wonder if it's an irresponsible risk to take my daughter to the Christmas market later this week. I'll still do it though.

I have often wondered about that too, what a world this has become. Funny thing is, my daughter doesn't even notice the soldiers with heavy weapons. It always gives me a shock, even if I should be used to them by now, but to my daughter, this is already normal, part of what the city's like.

Just go. No point in staying at home. I already went in brussels, and although a bit too busy, it was very nice. I don't mind the soldiers at all. 

1 hour ago, action said:

the world has gone haywire

one thing that reassures me, is in history there have always been radicals. the French revolution, the russian revolution, the Nazis, now the terrorists..

what we have learned is, the more radical, the sooner you die in conflict. a quick look at the IS member list reveals a lot of them are already killed in action. everytime a terrorist blows himself up, there is less on of them. now I know, the sad thing is there is always a lot of victims, but by definition the radicals are limited in number. that's what makes them radical in the first place.

I doubt the number of radicals are limited in number and every time one dies there are less to be concerned about....new members are recruited everyday so there will never be a lack of radicals to carry on the cause.....

Edited by classicrawker

3 hours ago, bran said:

Anyone who told you plowing a truck moving at 60 miles per hour (or more) into a crowd isn't an effective tactic for mass murder has never observed it. They have done it  before and will do it again. We don't need to ban trucks, we need a five year ban -- at minimum -- on all immigration.

• Like 1