Reunion Setlist?

10 hours ago, Apollo said:

That's probably pretty close to what they will do. 

But waaaay toooo many solo spots. And do we need songs with people besides Axl singing?

I would like to see 4-5 new songs.

And a few deeper cuts - locomotive , perfect crime, breakdown, etc. 

Defintley not just the same set list Axl has been touring for the last 16 years. 

I'd love 4-5 new songs in there too! 

Deep cuts- the deeper the better. That list had a few. They never played My Michelle the 3 times I saw NuGuns. DTJ, Out Ta Get Me, TAY either.

I'm down for Duff to sing one. Izzy on DnB w Axl would be cool.

But I feel ya man!!! Mix it up Axl!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

Would like to hear Bad Apples, Don't Damn Me, Perfect Crime, and Right Next Door to Hell. Maybe even Shotgun Blues.

I had the verses to Bad Apples in my head tonight.. Good song but I think the best choice out of those would be "Don't Damn Me"... Axl can still use that voice no problem, it has a killer riff and Steven has played it before ;)

9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Live Era gets a lot of crap around here but I always liked it.. My only gripe is that there weren't enough cuts from the Appetite Tour.. I think only 3...

I think it gets criticised for the tampering and maybe not the best live versions. But as a Best of it has new takes on the album versions I'm pretty bored of. 

Nightrain, Dust N Bones, You're Crazy, Heaven's door got new life for me. Reminded me of Pretty Tied up. And actually for me it's the version of Estranged that got me into the song. 

Maybe these days with itunes playlists and easy access to bootlegs its not as interesting but I still listen to cds. 

Damn this coffee is strong. 

57 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

Live Era is a hot steaming turd of an album. Wembley 1991..now that was GNR in full flight..or Nakano 1988.

I've been looking for the perfect soundboard bootlegs to download.. Gonna try those. Any recommendations on one from 1987?  Those shows are great and the banter between songs was incredible during that period.

8 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

marquee club, london 1987 is great.

Definitely grabbing that one.. Need one more good soundboard from "87" after the album dropped where Axl's banter was at the top of it's game.. If anyone knows one, PM me...

No offense but that's not my cup of tea.  Much rather them just play Madagascar.  I wouldn't mind hearing Slash's take on the song....at the same time though, it shouldn't be a completely different song with Axl just singing the lyrics to Madagascar....that would basically be a slap in the face to Axl. 

Edited by Kasanova King

The mashups aren't going to happen live. These shows will all be about crowd pleasers. I'd be surprised if we got any of GN'Rs lesser-known songs which they did play in 1992, but wouldn't now (ie something from the depths of UYI). I can't really see Axl singing a VR song, but then again I never really believed the regrouping would ever happen.

I really do like that second mashup though. 

On 2/19/2016 at 10:09 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Definitely grabbing that one.. Need one more good soundboard from "87" after the album dropped where Axl's banter was at the top of it's game.. If anyone knows one, PM me...

you will not get the full GNR experience from a soundboard. You need to find good audience recordings so you can actually feel like you're right there...the sound quality won't be good at first, but you'll get used to it.

9 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

1. Welcome to the Ju...

Slash drunkenly plays solo from Nightrain, Axl flips shit, throws his cowboy hat into the crowd, and huffs off stage left. 

Riot

But, if they get Adler, he would stop the riot!

With a drum solo!!!:P

Edited by nn18
  • Like 1

Just imagine, April 8, stage lights fade in, Axl comes up alone, everyone's shocked, they can't see anyone else, everyone was waiting for songs like WTTJ or Nightrain but he starts singing This I Love.

He kicks ass, then time comes for guitar solo and out of nowhere Slash comes with his version of solo and kills the show

This could work, especially with that vocals ^^^

The song belongs to old GNR since it was written during GNR heyday

What you think? I guess I have little more imagination, well atleast we will definetly see new but actually old version of this masterpiece

3 hours ago, Crashey said:

Just imagine, April 8, stage lights fade in, Axl comes up alone, everyone's shocked, they can't see anyone else, everyone was waiting for songs like WTTJ or Nightrain but he starts singing This I Love.

He kicks ass, then time comes for guitar solo and out of nowhere Slash comes with his version of solo and kills the show

What you think? I guess I have little more imagination, well atleast we will definetly see new but actually old version of this masterpiece

Except 90% of the people there won't know it. All set...

3 hours ago, Crashey said:

Just no. I am tired of all these ballads..leave stephanie or erin in the past please and ROCK.

• Like 1