Reunion Setlist?

I would think Civil War is a guarantee. Slash has been playing it rather consistently since 2010 when he started touring solo. In fact, HIM playing it was what really blew me away cause it hadn't been played in 17 years at that point. Part of why I bought a ticket to the first solo show I did for Slash was because he was playing shit like Civil War, which had been ignored by the other members. Funny that when Axl pulled it out at the end of 2011 I think (I think it was a few shows after I saw Guns that year), it wasn't as big a deal to me cause Slash beat him to the punch.

I would assume Civil War is a given because now its being played by both of them regularly. Seems like it would hardly require any work, and on top of that it was a staple on the Illusion tour, so the fact that its being played by them both solidifies it for me. For the the reason of being a staple, I also think Bad Obsession will come back, cause it was just played all the time, but the only reason I wouldn't put money on it is cause neither of them have played it in over 20 years. But it wouldn't shock me to hear that.

• Like 2

Band:

Axl - Vocals/Piano

Slash - Lead

Richard - Rythym

Duff - Bass/Vocals

Dizzy - Keys

Pittman - Keys/Effects

Frank - Drums

Guests: Izzy Stradlin - Rhthym/Vocals, Steven Adler - Drums

Main Set:

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2.It's So Easy

3. Mr. Brownstone

4. Richard Solo - Live and Let Die

5. Better

6. This I Love

7. Rocket Queen - Slash Extended Solo

8. Duff Introduction (Axl) - Attitude - (Duff Vocals)

9. So Fine or Raw Power - (Duff n' Axl Vocals)

10. Shackler's Revenge or TWAT

11. My Michelle or Out Ta Get Me  

12. Dizzy Reed Solo - Street Of Dreams or Catcher In The Rye

13. You Could Be Mine

14. Izzy Stradlin Intro (Axl)  - 14 Years or Dust n' Bones (Axl n' Izzy Vocals) 

15. Think About You or Double Talkin' Jive (With Izzy)

16. Izzy Thank you & Exit (Axl) - Slash Introduction (Axl) - Slash Guitar Solo - The Godfather Theme

17. Sweet Child 'o Mine

18. Jam - Piano Move - Axl Piano Solo - November Rain

19. Don't Cry

20. Civil War

21. Yesterdays

22. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

23. Nightrain - Good Night

Encore 1

24. Steven Adler Intro - Axl (Izzy Also back on stage) - You're Crazy with Steven & Izzy

25. Used To Love Her with Steven & Izzy - Thank You & Good Night (Axl)

Encore 2

26. Estranged

27. Whole Lotta Rosie or Madagascar

28. Patience

29. Paradise City - Good fuckin' Night

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Band:

Axl - Vocals/Piano

Slash - Lead

Richard - Rythym

Duff - Bass/Vocals

Dizzy - Keys

Pittman - Keys/Effects

Frank - Drums

Main Set:

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2.It's So Easy

3. Mr. Brownstone

5. Better

6. This I Love

13. You Could Be Mine

16. Izzy Thank you & Exit (Axl) - Slash Introduction (Axl) - Slash Guitar Solo - The Godfather Theme

17. Sweet Child 'o Mine

19. Don't Cry

20. Civil War

21. Yesterdays

Encore 1

24. Steven Adler Intro - Axl (Izzy Also back on stage) - You're Crazy with Steven & Izzy

Encore 2

26. Estranged

28. Patience

I'd be fuckin down with that!!!!

• Like 1

Can you imagine the first time Slash steps up live and rips into the This I Love solo. I feel bad for the people in the first few rows because they are gonna get their faces melted.....gonna be amazing 

I know there is no proof they will play this song but I would be really surprised if it isn't played live with the OGs

Not sure if I posted my own setlist on this version of the thread yet. But in case I haven't, here's my latest idea for it based on Axl-logic and the recent claim from Eddie that a few Chinese Democracy songs will be there:

1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Richard Fortus solo (James Bond theme)/ 14 Years (when Izzy is there)
5. Out ta Get Me
6. Estranged
7. Frank Ferrer drum solo/ Band jam
8. Slash solo/ The Godfather theme
9. Sweet Child o' Mine
10. Axl piano solo (Someone Saved My Life Tonight)
11. November Rain
12. Rocket Queen
13. You Could Be Mine
14. My Michelle
15. Duff solo (Attitude/ Raw Power)
16. Yesterdays
17. Civil War
18. Dizzy Reed & Chris Pitman duet (No Quarter)
19. Madagascar
20. Chinese Democracy
21. Nightrain *

ENCORE
22. Patience *
23. Used to Love Her *
24. Paradise City *

* featuring Izzy and/or Steven, when they're there.  

On 1/11/2016 at 9:58 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Axl is not that revolutionary with his setlists so realistically it will be very similar to the setlist Axl has performed since 2001, minus the Chinese songs,

Jungle

It's so Easy

Brownstone

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Live And Let Die

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child

November Rain

Don't Cry

Civil War

Patience

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Paradise City

That will be your setlists.

Maybe Used to Love Her, Think About You, Yesterdays, Out Ta Get Me, You're Crazy, My Michelle and Whole Lotta Rosie will also be added - and rotated a bit. Those would be your second tier songs.

I cannot envision songs like Coma and Breakdown, or even deeper cut rockers like Bad Apples or Dead Horse. I just cannot see it, unless Izzy is there and you might get 14 Years or Dust N' Bones. Duff might play Attitude.

I'd say this pretty much nails it.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2016 at 4:03 AM, Hollywood Gunner said:

fuckin' hope izzy's there and they do dust n bones :headbang:

i might go as far as to say this is the best live song of the illusion era as izzy is prominent and many collaborative moments among slash axl and izzy along with duff giving it - truly a gem that they really need to do when izzy shows up - very much an underated song and i think everyone loves this one once they hear it and commit to it

On 2/15/2016 at 8:02 PM, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Band:

Axl - Vocals/Piano

Slash - Lead

Richard - Rythym

Duff - Bass/Vocals

Dizzy - Keys

Pittman - Keys/Effects

Frank - Drums

Main Set:

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2.It's So Easy

3. Mr. Brownstone

5. Better

6. This I Love

13. You Could Be Mine

17. Sweet Child 'o Mine

19. Don't Cry

20. Civil War

21. Yesterdays

Encore 1

Encore 2

26. Estranged

28. Patience

Sub one of the Chidem songs and LALD with new songs and this would be a dream set

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Birdawg23 said:

Can you imagine the first time Slash steps up live and rips into the This I Love solo. I feel bad for the people in the first few rows because they are gonna get their faces melted.....gonna be amazing 

I know there is no proof they will play this song but I would be really surprised if it isn't played live with the OGs

If Slash plays the  solo on the piano then jeez!!... I'll worry about my underwear due to over excitement :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tsinindy said:

To me..Nightrain has to be the first song....

I would love it if Nightrain was the opener. It's actuallly a much better opening for Axl vocally than Jungle is and it'll get the crowd going just as much as Jungle would.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I would love it if Nightrain was the opener. It's actuallly a much better opening for Axl vocally than Jungle is and it'll get the crowd going just as much as Jungle would.

I'd welcome the return of it as an opener - followed by Mr. Brownstone of course.

6 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i might go as far as to say this is the best live song of the illusion era as izzy is prominent and many collaborative moments among slash axl and izzy along with duff giving it - truly a gem that they really need to do when izzy shows up - very much an underated song and i think everyone loves this one once they hear it and commit to it

i dont know if id say its the best live song but its definitely up there... probably the most underrated tho... it really demonstrates the raw energy and chemistry this band had... also hoping for pretty tied up

On February 15, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'd be fuckin down with that!!!!

That's probably pretty close to what they will do. 

But waaaay toooo many solo spots. And do we need songs with people besides Axl singing?

I would like to see 4-5 new songs.

And a few deeper cuts - locomotive , perfect crime, breakdown, etc. 

Defintley not just the same set list Axl has been touring for the last 16 years. 

I have been having issues quoting.. but in regards to that 29 song setlist... 

Lineup - Drop Pittman at minimum..

If Steven and Izzy are there, it would be a shame not to have them play more than two songs together but I like that you picked You're Crazy. The version on Live Era is fucking killer.. I actually played that for Steven one time. He had no idea he was even on Live Era..

29 songs is probably too long.. Easy solution. Cut the 5 CD songs.. I get that there are some die hard NuGnR fans that want to hear CD songs but reality is that the majority of the crowd doesn't know them and/or doesn't like them.. It is what it is. If they want to do a CD song as an olive branch kind of thing whatever but I would keep it at one rotating slot. At one point you have 2 back to back.. Talk about taking the momentum out of a show early..

I have been listening to a lot of live GnR lately and really liked their early shows which were less bloated, full of energy and really packed a punch... I hope they can find a happy medium between that and what they have been doing or did during the 1992 leg of the illusions tour which just didn't flow.. I remember what a relief it was when they brought it back a notch for the Skin N' Bones tour..  

On 16/02/2016 at 5:57 PM, tsinindy said:

To me..Nightrain has to be the first song....

Allllll the feels. Nightrain is the opening track for Live Era, and that was the first album I ever bought and to this day it's the one I've listened to the most.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2016 at 1:40 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I wouldn't say you're being stupid but there is zero chance they will play serial killer. Which by the way, imo is the most over rated Slash song of all time.. 

They should leave Fall To Pieces alone too. I don't want to hear the bands side projects and that includes CD songs. We have had the last 25 years to hear all that stuff.

I don't think Fall To Pieces would be a good choice anyway. But yes, keep the side projects out of it.