Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

Izzy will be there. I think his recent studio work with Duff was the clue to that. I think Fortus will ALSO be there too - Axl just likes that three guitar setup and Slash likely agreed to it in the spirit of compromise and in case Izzy flakes. Steven will also be involved.

Izzy will be there. I think his recent studio work with Duff was the clue to that. I think Fortus will ALSO be there too - Axl just likes that three guitar setup and Slash likely agreed to it in the spirit of compromise and in case Izzy flakes. Steven will also be involved.

the vast majority of people are only interested in seeing axl & slash performing together after more than 20 years. new music can be successful if slash, duff and izzy are involved in it.

a documentary would only be for the die-hards, the masses don't care about documentaries.

Why does everyone keep saying that as if it means something? 'the vast majority of people want...', what on earth has the vast majority of people got to do with anything? If you wanna get like that about it the vast majority of the planet probably don't care whether they exist or not, this shit is for fans primarily, the core of people on forums such as this are the core of people that actually give any kind of a fuck about Guns n Roses, why on earth would people on here be interested in the lowest common denominator of people who have like, the greatest hits on their iphone and give it a listen every so often, you're fuckin' fans right? Well how about acting like it, this constant bullshit about 'what the vaaaaast majority want', what are you, marketing directors all of a sudden? Talk from your fucking heart, don't talk like an economist or what you think the money men behind Guns n Roses are telling them cuz we all know what they're telling them, lets make the most money out of the least complicated situation but as fans should you not have a little more heart behind what you want out of Guns n Roses?

Do yous lot SERIOUSLY not want the original article, i mean this is speaking to those that care about a reunion, REALLY, you just want 2...or 3...what kind of fuckin' fans are you? Seriously, it makes me wonder what you saw/heard when you beheld GnR, just this ginger caterwauler and his stringey haired lead guitarist, do me a fuckin' favour, honestly all that does is tell me that, really and truly, in the hearts and minds of GnR fans GnR weren't much to begin with, weren't that special in general, it was just a lead guitarist and a mental singer doing some stand out work and then just a bunch of wankers behind him that are interchangeable and devoid of value, not only is that factually incorrect but it also sheds an interesting light on the nature of your particular brand of fandom.

I mean lets have it right, you just fancy Axl Rose don't you, thats what it comes down to? You fancy Axl Rose and Slash and saw some music videos and what matters to you over and above any kind of silliness like artistic integrity and decent sounding music is the strength of the boner you can get out of GnR and those two things are predicated solely on Axl and Slash. This is it though i suppose, GnR fan syndrome, settle for the least and act like God just pissed manna on your heads.

What fuckin' bollocks.

Unfortunately though, the reason why veteran bands and artists cater to "the vast majority" is because the proper hardcore nutters make up something like 1% of their audience. Seriously, if GNR are planning on playing stadiums this year, how many of the people out of the 75,000 fans in attendance are going to know Chinese Democracy? Fuck that, most of em would be hard pressed to hum you Mr Brownstone or Rocket Queen. The people they will be wanting to sell tickets to are the casual rock fans who haven't given a fuck about GNR since the early 90s, they probably know SCOM, Jungle, November Rain, Live & Let Die, YCBM, KOHD, Patience and Paradise City and that's about it.

The nutjobs on the forums who could recite the lyrics to Rhiad & The Bedouins and own all of Slash's solo albums aren't the people who are gonna make the GNR reunion a multi-million dollar cash machine.

And it is a sad indictment of the audiences now. If anyone has been to a Neil Young show you often find these really lame crowds shouting ''play Heart of Gold'' while Neil pisses them off, playing unreleased/new/deep cut material.

In my opinion, rock crowds peaked c.1968 - c. '73. Anything before that was screaming girls, twenty minute sets, variety package shows. Anything after that was the scene we have now basically which is casualness that is so casual it is painful, seated in cavernous hockey arenas. But between 1969 and 1973 you find respectable music fans eager to listen to a musician's new music in intimate sumptuous theatre settings. Rock had just entered its jazz age. Case in point, Hendrix at the Fillmore; Cream's goodbye show; Neil Young at Massey Hall and Fillmore; Stones shows from this era (Brussels Affair, Leeds University, etc). Further, the crowds did not headbutt each other and feel the need to ostentatiously express themselves, but simply sat in their seats and appreciated the music being played (just watch Hendrix at the Royal Albert Hall for evidence of this). It truly was a remarkable age when you compare it to now.

Now, attending a show is a hideous experience tantamount to anal rape. You are frisked by security; the venue is a hideous dome of pylons and metal; crowds like to stand now (seating is considered the preserve of the dullards), and squash up and express themselves in a loud way; the whole experience will set you back a sizable sum - a second mortgage is required for The Rolling Stones these days.

• Like 1

The idea that music might be a peripheral concern in this whole thing i find incredibly difficult to process. And thats basically what is at the core of all of this, no one actually cares about the music because if they cared about the music they'd care about the right people....it leaves me kind of at a loss in terms of what all the fuss is about. Earlier i was thinking it was perhaps to do with the cult of personality, that sort of bullshit but even that doesn't really follow. It's at any rate a curious spectacle i suppose.

The idea that music might be a peripheral concern in this whole thing i find incredibly difficult to process. And thats basically what is at the core of all of this, no one actually cares about the music because if they cared about the music they'd care about the right people....it leaves me kind of at a loss in terms of what all the fuss is about. Earlier i was thinking it was perhaps to do with the cult of personality, that sort of bullshit but even that doesn't really follow. It's at any rate a curious spectacle i suppose.

It is about seeing that famous artist before they die basically. That is what it all comes down to it. It is just about ticking or crossing that one, hitherto empty, box ''Rolling Stones, X; Springsteen X; GN'R _''. It is the equivalent of people clamouring to see Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show in order to see a last droplet of the bona fide American West before it disappears forever, to gawk at Sitting Bull for one last time.

Edited by DieselDaisy

It is about seeing that famous artist before they die basically. That is what it all comes down to it. It is just about ticking or crossing that one, hitherto empty, box ''Rolling Stones, X; Springsteen X; GN'R _''. It is the equivalent of people clamouring to see Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show in order to see a last droplet of the bona fide American West before it disappears forever, to gawk at Sitting Bull for one last time.

What Malcolm McLaren once referred to as 'dray horses being taken for a last run on the field before being taken out back and shot' you mean? Y'know, i think that makes sense of it.

What Malcolm McLaren once referred to as 'dray horses being taken for a last run on the field before being taken out back and shot' you mean? Y'know, i think that makes sense of it.

The one caveat is, the artists are 'in on it'. A reunion tour is that last massive economic windfall an act can theoretically make before it inevitably goes tits up again. You might get two-three more years of the sort of money you only made in your pomp - more even! Think, Sitting Bull - as opposed to being ruthlessly exploited - splitting the dividends with Buffalo Bill and retiring with a sizable sum.

This is so fucking sad and hilarious at the same time

No reunion

https://twitter.com/axlrose

The only thing I know "confirmed" is my LOVE of Taco Bell! Mmmmm.... Taco Bell!! Happy New Years!!1f37e.png1f389.png1f32e.png

That's like living in New York and saying the best pizza is Domino's or living in Texas and saying you think Wendy's chili is the greatest ever.

Maybe Taco Bell's going to be the sponsor of the reunion tour....along with Dr Pepper and Budweiser and John Varvatos...

There's nothing to read into it except a Happy New Year.

I do not believe we have one in Britain so have never had the fortune to eat at such a place! I coincidentally was just reading in one of his books, the travel writer Bill Bryson describing Taco Bell as infinitely disgusting and the main reason lots of far superior independently run Mexican restaurants have closed down in the United States.

No reunion

The only thing I know "confirmed" is my LOVE of Taco Bell! Mmmmm.... Taco Bell!! Happy New Years!!1f37e.png1f389.png1f32e.png

That's like living in New York and saying the best pizza is Domino's or living in Texas and saying you think Wendy's chili is the greatest ever.

Maybe Taco Bell's going to be the sponsor of the reunion tour....along with Dr Pepper and Budweiser and John Varvatos...

Maybe he's just playing around? Lol some of you guys read too deep into shit sometimes..

No reunion

Maybe he's just playing around? Lol some of you guys read too deep into shit sometimes..

Exactly, he is just messing around with what people are saying regarding his weight and regarding the reunion.

the vast majority of people are only interested in seeing axl & slash performing together after more than 20 years. new music can be successful if slash, duff and izzy are involved in it.

a documentary would only be for the die-hards, the masses don't care about documentaries.

Why does everyone keep saying that as if it means something? 'the vast majority of people want...', what on earth has the vast majority of people got to do with anything? If you wanna get like that about it the vast majority of the planet probably don't care whether they exist or not, this shit is for fans primarily, the core of people on forums such as this are the core of people that actually give any kind of a fuck about Guns n Roses, why on earth would people on here be interested in the lowest common denominator of people who have like, the greatest hits on their iphone and give it a listen every so often, you're fuckin' fans right? Well how about acting like it, this constant bullshit about 'what the vaaaaast majority want', what are you, marketing directors all of a sudden? Talk from your fucking heart, don't talk like an economist or what you think the money men behind Guns n Roses are telling them cuz we all know what they're telling them, lets make the most money out of the least complicated situation but as fans should you not have a little more heart behind what you want out of Guns n Roses?

Do yous lot SERIOUSLY not want the original article, i mean this is speaking to those that care about a reunion, REALLY, you just want 2...or 3...what kind of fuckin' fans are you? Seriously, it makes me wonder what you saw/heard when you beheld GnR, just this ginger caterwauler and his stringey haired lead guitarist, do me a fuckin' favour, honestly all that does is tell me that, really and truly, in the hearts and minds of GnR fans GnR weren't much to begin with, weren't that special in general, it was just a lead guitarist and a mental singer doing some stand out work and then just a bunch of wankers behind him that are interchangeable and devoid of value, not only is that factually incorrect but it also sheds an interesting light on the nature of your particular brand of fandom.

I mean lets have it right, you just fancy Axl Rose don't you, thats what it comes down to? You fancy Axl Rose and Slash and saw some music videos and what matters to you over and above any kind of silliness like artistic integrity and decent sounding music is the strength of the boner you can get out of GnR and those two things are predicated solely on Axl and Slash. This is it though i suppose, GnR fan syndrome, settle for the least and act like God just pissed manna on your heads.

What fuckin' bollocks.

Probably the post of the decade. It seems that MANY fans of the band fail to understand.

I think its more of an acceptance though. I don't think Steven Adler can physically and mentally do it and sustain and full on guns tour of something like the illusions tour.

Frankly, I don't think Izzy wants to, but could probably do it if he was so inclined.

We all know what made the band was the 5 as a whole on AFD. It is what it is.

Who knows what that 5 would have done together in 10 years time? They couldn't productively put out music as fast and with as much quality as many of their predecessors, hell, zeppelin put out two albums in one year and we're extremely productive throughout the entire 1970's.

They were who they were. It took GnR 4 years for a proper follow up and 17 years to follow it up.

Could they have evolved as the original 5?

Probably not, but maybe. I doubt it.

It's all subjective.

Guns N' Roses are whatever they mean to you. If that's Axl, it's Axl. If it's the original 5 it's that.

That's the beauty. It doesn't matter. When I hit my GnR Playlist and jam Locomotive, the only thing that matters is how the song moves me. I couldn't care less in how it affects anyone else or the vast majority of people'

Edited by Download

They could easily please everybody tho.

Play all the classics and staples. But mix in 3 new songs. And mix in 3 older songs that never get played. Do that and still play the 15 greatest hits - everybody is happy. Diehards and casual fans.

The lineup thing is harder because of how many different band members have been involved.

I still think the Metal Sludge rumor is a very likely scenario. Classic line up for the first show. Then a hybrid line up for the tour, with Adler/izzy/Sorum doing some guest spots every now and again.

They could easily please everybody tho.

Play all the classics and staples. But mix in 3 new songs. And mix in 3 older songs that never get played. Do that and still play the 15 greatest hits - everybody is happy. Diehards and casual fans.

The lineup thing is harder because of how many different band members have been involved.

I still think the Metal Sludge rumor is a very likely scenario. Classic line up for the first show. Then a hybrid line up for the tour, with Adler/izzy/Sorum doing some guest spots every now and again.

it would be cool if tehey would do a bluray with both lineups. one night with steven and izzy and anozher night with sorum and gilby.

If Izzy can't go just do it like this but with Axl singing. No need for anyone else sans Dizzy.

My God, what a fucking killer performance!!! Slash, Duff, Adler, were killer. Loved seeing Matt and Steven being pals and Myles sang his ass off. Steven was so happy!!

http://youtu.be/RPRZxEQSRkg

If Izzy can't go just do it like this but with Axl singing. No need for anyone else sans Dizzy.

My God, what a fucking killer performance!!! Slash, Duff, Adler, were killer. Loved seeing Matt and Steven being pals and Myles sang his ass off. Steven was so happy!!

Never seen this befor, Stevie looks in his element. Wonder if Axl and Izzy regret their decision on this one. I remember being really pissed off at the time, it was such a snub.

Slash is playing out of his fucking skin in that vid, I think he gave that little bit extra because he was playing under the GNR banner again, something which I believe he missed, which plays a big part in the 'reunion'. Slash wants to be in Guns N' Roses again, and who could blame him