Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

Tuesday is the official announcement day for Cochella so that makes sense. Considering the amount Cochella is probably shelling out to make this happen they probably want Axl to do some press so the public is reassured that if they are gonna buy tickets it's not a risk.

Personally I wish Fallon would have got the interview. I know a lot of users here don't like him but DAMN, his introduction to GN'R at the VMAs in 2002 was damn near the best thing about that appearance.

You're right. Axl's scream at the beginning was great and Fallon's introduction was great. Everything else was a disaster.

Personally I wish Fallon would have got the interview. I know a lot of users here don't like him but DAMN, his introduction to GN'R at the VMAs in 2002 was damn near the best thing about that appearance.

Agreed, can't stand Kimmel. I feel like Axl only chooses his show because it's in California.

Skip the obvious. And do You're Crazy or Perfect Crime and then the new song that sounds like 70s disco meets November Rain or whatever that description was.

Where did u hear that description?

I could very easily be wrong.

But wasn't one of the unheard songs described as something like that?

Years ago when Kimmel first started the late night host gig he used to have celebrity guest hosts. Slash was a guest host for a week. Kimmel pranked him by telling him that his show always liked to bring people together and there is a special someone that we want to bring you back together with. Music starts for the guest to come out and Slash is very figity and uncomfortable looking and out walks cousin Sal in a kilt and wig and bandana on. Slash breaks out in laughter and leans over and says to Kimmel you scared the shit out of me....you can't hear it but that's what it looks like from reading lips. I always thought that was one of the best Kimmel moments ever.

Is there footage to this?? I've never seen it!
I looked it up on YouTube and couldn't find it. I have it recorded on a vhs tape....that's how old it is. Also on the same show Slash gave Kimmel a top hat as a gift and Kimmel gave Slash a basket full of cigarettes.

Skip the obvious. And do You're Crazy or Perfect Crime and then the new song that sounds like 70s disco meets November Rain or whatever that description was.

You are right, i believe it was Tom Zutaut who said it. And i think he was talking about Atlas Shrugged but that im not sure of.

Pretty sure Roy Thomas Baker used that description for Atlas Shrugged

This isn't just a tentative maybe? This is 100% happening?

The Kimmel appearance? Yes, that's 100% happening.

Can I ask how do you know for sure, nothing but 3rd parties have said anything.

3rd parties would normally not be a source however in this thing they are, why? Because all the major sites have announced it, for Axl to get the word out they had to be contacted.

It has also been confirmed outside of the "normal" channels... Rest assured Axl Rose will be on Kimmel, that is 100% as Russ said.

Im just afraid Axl will blow it like every other televised or streamed show in the last 15 years.

That is actually what I'm afraid of for the whole project. I mean it's still Axl. I think it's safe to assume that he always BELIEVED what he said ("multiple albums", "soon", etc), but sooo many things never happened or were delayed for years and years. Plus in the last years he often didn't even seem to TRY to perform on his best level.

So yeah, the whole thing is rolling now, but that doesn't mean that it has to keep on rolling. I see potential disasters all along the way, from another dramatic fallout to the more mundane lack of the magic spark. I'm sad that I'm looking at it that way, but the last 20 years taught me as much. :(

I've said countless times that I've been in "Please Prove Me Wrong Axl! Mode" since about 2008.

My original thought on this was exactly what you guys are saying, but then I thought. "Wait. Maybe this is IT. Could this be the one where Axl proves me wrong?!"

Needless to say, I'm hoping for that to be the case.

This. This is exactly how I've been feeling for years now as well (the whole 'Please prove me wrong Axl' feeling).

I'm excited by all this reunion talk, and suddenly GNR are in the news etc, .... but shit, I have serious doubts Axl will be able to pull it off, or if he does ....sustain it. The public are well over GNR and well over Axl (he is such an easy target). Few days ago the reunion rumors made the front page of reddit, and pretty much every comment within was negative (admittedly most were generic negative comments that touch on the 'easy target' that is Axl).

Here's hoping that the rivalry that essentially has always existed between Axl and Slash, ensure he doesn't let us down and it drives him to get his voice and performance in shape so he isn't the weakest link. Slash has kept up his chops with the guitar (not challenged himself or anything really), but Axl has let his instrument (vocals and stage presence) really slip for a number of years now.

Axl's sister mentioned it on fb. That's what solidified it for me.

• Like 1

3rd parties would normally not be a source however in this thing they are, why? Because all the major sites have announced it, for Axl to get the word out they had to be contacted.

It has also been confirmed outside of the "normal" channels... Rest assured Axl Rose will be on Kimmel, that is 1

I think I'm getting too ansy for some kind of an official confirmation of something.

It has also been confirmed outside of the "normal" channels... Rest assured Axl Rose will be on Kimmel, that is 1

I think I'm getting too ansy for some kind of an official confirmation of something.

We all are believe me. We as GNR fans have been taken down the rabbit hole many times only to find out something different.

I wish I had more than me saying this time it is certainly different! Do we know all the details? No but it looks very promising

We will know in 6 days.

I just hope its not a "Me and Slash patched things up, i lost 2 guitarists and instead of rebuilding we're gonna go out, do a final run, give the fans what they want and then im retiring."

For some reason i can see that in the back of my mind haha.

Edited by ChineseIRS

We all are believe me. We as GNR fans have been taken down the rabbit hole many times only to find out something different.

I wish I had more than me saying this time it is certainly different! Do we know all the details? No but it looks very promising

Things were moving so fast.... now it's just a waiting game.

We will know in 6 days.

I just hope its not a "Me and Slash patched things up, i lost 2 guitarists and instead of rebuilding we're gonna go out, do a final run, give the fans what they want and then im retiring."

rockstars don't retire Edited by supercool

Axl won't fuck it up. I'm always the person saying he will and I just can't believe it this time. He can't. The risk is too big. I know there have been other times it seemed impossible, and he did, but this is just so different. They ALL know the stakes on the line for a reunion. I have to believe they wouldn't do it unless it would work. Reunions have been called off before because band members just couldn't do it. I have to believe in my heart of hearts that if that were the case, Slash or Duff would run. Cause they don't want to be associated with a trainwreck. I have to believe if they are in it, Axl is ready. There's no way he can't be.

Or of course the other hand is he will fuck it up, but I think if he does, it'll happen so fast. This is absolutely a "one time shot" thing. He fucks it up, this isn't like the VMAs where there's still a tour and people are just fine. He fucks this up right at the beginning, and I'm sorry but I think its over in a flash. The embarrassment will be big and it will be fast, but it'll be shut down faster than you can say "where's Izzy".

• Like 1