Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

myspace was just updated with the Coachella shows....sooooo I guess this is confirmation. Does anyone use myspace? I guess they thought they could go under the radar?

Exactly, they thought no one would notice because barely anyone uses it.

Not sure why they would bother putting it up then...

I'm still puzzled by the Gilby picture.

myspace was just updated with the Coachella shows....sooooo I guess this is confirmation. Does anyone use myspace? I guess they thought they could go under the radar?

I'm still puzzled by the Gilby picture.

Fair point. But they do run their own MySpace, so yeah.

"If Myspace was good enough for grampa, it's good enough for me!" :D

Well, it's kinda worrying that the... interesting social media strategy starts again right away.

Well, it's kinda worrying that the... interesting social media strategy starts again right away.

Is that the official gnr MySpace? Doesn't seem legit

Is that the official gnr MySpace? Doesn't seem legit

It was when they released CD. Not sure whose hands it's in now.

Just a theory on why he (they) are not listed:

All the information we've got so far regarding reunion, live shows, line-up... they are all from leaks to the press.

In an ideal world none would have leaked and Coachella could announce GNR as a headliner as a total surprise. Jimmy Kimmel could have baffled everyone by having Axl and Slash on the same show revealing that they are reuniting GNR.

So, the instructions Kimmel's production team got originally was not to reveal Axl and Slash as guests beforehand as it would ruin the surprise.

Naturally things leaked days ahead of time, but now Kimmel's production hasn't got any counter message from Axl/Slash about announcing them on the show, so they are just going ahead as originally planned – no announcement of the appearance on the show.

Just a theory on why he (they) are not listed:

All the information we've got so far regarding reunion, live shows, line-up... they are all from leaks to the press.

In an ideal world none would have leaked and Coachella could announce GNR as a headliner as a total surprise. Jimmy Kimmel could have baffled everyone by having Axl and Slash on the same show revealing that they are reuniting GNR.

So, the instructions Kimmel's production team got originally was not to reveal Axl and Slash as guests beforehand as it would ruin the surprise.

Naturally things leaked days ahead of time, but now Kimmel's production hasn't got any counter message from Axl/Slash about announcing them on the show, so they are just going ahead as originally planned – no announcement of the appearance on the show.

Or they have already sat down for the interview to aviod any

Gunsguy, why do you think Axl's interview with Kimmel already happened?

I think so yes. I have no source on it though just a hunch
I'm asking why you think that.

Because the show will be overrun with fans day of show, because it got reported everywhere, why did that happen? Either that was on purpose or it was taped and too many production staff were there and talked. Again a hunch. Fans will show up there Tues looking for lineup or Slash etc, this way they can air it and untill it airs no one truly knows.

Am I the only one who will be staying off of here on Tuesday? If Kimmel is taped even a few hours in advance,surely spoilers will leak and I'd like to be surprised.

Most of us might cos the server's likely to explode. Downzy, do you need to put up a donations button for something sturdier/more bandwidth? I'm happy to chip in a few bucks if you do, probably most folks would.

Am I the only one who will be staying off of here on Tuesday? If Kimmel is taped even a few hours in advance,surely spoilers will leak and I'd like to be surprised.

Most of us might cos the server's likely to explode. Downzy, do you need to put up a donations button for something sturdier/more bandwidth? I'm happy to chip in a few bucks if you do, probably most folks would.

I'll probably have to stay off of Facebook etc.as well. Somebody will post something and there goes the surprise. If I'm on here during the day and Izzy or Steven are spotted well surely it'll be posted. In this day and age when nothing is a surprise anymore,it'll be nice to watch the interview without knowing exactly what will happen or what was said.

If this turns out be a confirmation that GNR are going to have a reunion tour I hope we see more than Axl and they play a song or 2 during the show.

I mean if it is ONLY Axl there I would think it would be to tell everyone it isn't true.

But since know one outside of the GNR circle really knows what is going on they would not say that the rest of the band will be there or there would be nothing to announce if it was billed as Axl and Slash will be on the show.

I am sure spoilers are going to be leaked everywhere, if it is true that Slash is going to make an appearance, it is going to be a huge news that is going to be on every media and social network outlet before the show is aired

Edited by k12

He can go on deny the rumors and then for the GNR talk have an exclusive Axl reading mean tweets segment. Only poking fun, I'm looking forward to Tuesday. I do think it would be a great chance to have Axl read a mean tweet for his next musician segment.