Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

I want to see the original band (or at least Duff/Slash/Axl) once in my lifetime. Enough for me. Then Axl can retire.... or do whatever he wants!

This makes me think back to when i started browsing this board in 2003 (didn't sign up until 05). I actually didn't know that GNR still existed! Didn't follow music that much really back then apart from Aerosmith and loving GNR old school stuff.

My goal back then was to see AXL & NUgnr perform live as i never thought they would tour again! Especially after the cancelled 04 Rock in Rio performance. I traveled to Lisbon from the UK in 06 to watch rock in rio. (this was a big risk as i had had no idea if he would actually show up!) To think that we may be on the verge of seeing some kind of reformed lineup is nothing short of unimaginable to me. Awesome times!

Welcome to the forum!

He is only 53... He is not retiring anytime soon IMO

He has been semi-retired for a long time. It would not be that big of a surprise if he is done after this reunion tour. I just hope somehow we get a studio album.

i'm all for new music as long the original members play on it.

no more fakegnr music, please.

He is only 53... He is not retiring anytime soon IMO

He has been semi-retired for a long time. It would not be that big of a surprise if he is done after this reunion tour. I just hope somehow we get a studio album.

i'm all for new music as long the original members play on it.

no more fakegnr music, please.

I would prefer a reunion album of course, but I want to hear his voice on new studio tracks again no matter who else is involved. He has been the most wasted talent in music over the last 20 years with such a small output in the studio. Slash, Duff, Izzy have put out plenty of stuff during that time. Adler might even have more studio material than Axl during that time period, which is crazy and sad.

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • Like 1

I want to see the original band (or at least Duff/Slash/Axl) once in my lifetime. Enough for me. Then Axl can retire.... or do whatever he wants!

This makes me think back to when i started browsing this board in 2003 (didn't sign up until 05). I actually didn't know that GNR still existed! Didn't follow music that much really back then apart from Aerosmith and loving GNR old school stuff.

My goal back then was to see AXL & NUgnr perform live as i never thought they would tour again! Especially after the cancelled 04 Rock in Rio performance. I traveled to Lisbon from the UK in 06 to watch rock in rio. (this was a big risk as i had had no idea if he would actually show up!) To think that we may be on the verge of seeing some kind of reformed lineup is nothing short of unimaginable to me. Awesome times!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks all :)

I'm following Axl-GNR from 2005/2006, heard early demos of CD leaked, watched gigs (old-era, nu-era 2001-2015, RIR 2001 shocked me ahah) on youtube and so on... but without so much interest.

I like more Slash's work... Fast explanation: i watched 2 times Slash live (SMKC), 0 times nuGNR.

Impossible reunion was a fact.. Yeah, impossible.

But now...... my goal is to see original members (or sort of reunited lineup) live!!

I don't think Axl is retiring anytime soon. Why would he? What would he do? He's not engaged in anything other than music, he's still relatively young, doesn't seem to have any other big passions, he's much too young and lively to lay on his ass for the rest of his life. That his work tempo is as it is (and has always been) is one thing but that doesn't mean he wants nothing at all. Weird that people get such ideas...

• Like 1

There should be a separate thread for spoiler discussion tomorrow until the show actually airs. I seem to be one of the only people who doesn't plan on reading what happens at the taping. I'd like to watch it live and be surprised.

While that sounds like a good idea in theory I dont know if it would work, if word leaks out man you are gonna hear about it. Also how would that stop others from posting in any other thread?

Shut you devices down and turn them on after it airs is the only sure bet. Just like a tv show or movie someone always posts something here or someplace else

There should be a separate thread for spoiler discussion tomorrow until the show actually airs. I seem to be one of the only people who doesn't plan on reading what happens at the taping. I'd like to watch it live and be surprised.

While that sounds like a good idea in theory I dont know if it would work, if word leaks out man you are gonna hear about it. Also how would that stop others from posting in any other thread?

Shut you devices down and turn them on after it airs is the only sure bet. Just like a tv show or movie someone always posts something here or someplace else

That's true. I won't hear about it even if word does leak out since I won't be online from tomorrow afternoon until I watch the show.I probably wouldn't trust many spoilers that come out since I doubt there will be many Forum die-hards at the tapings.

If axl don't have the vocal chops anymore, this is going to be painful to watch

Its got to better than how Vince Neil has been performing.

I think Axl has shown more potential than Vince (someone posted a video of 2014 Don't Cry that sounded like classic Axl), but his low points are just as bad as Vince. The Bridge School thing in 2012 was a total embarrassment, so was Rio 2011, and there are plenty of terrible 2014 performances floating around YouTube as well. If he can get his shit together the way he did in 2010 for Duff, it will be miles better than what Vince has been doing for many years.