GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

[quote name="Slash787" post="4071714" timestamp="1452269677

It would be cool to see Axl singing on Slither, Anastasia, You're A lie, Ghost and Crucify the dead.

I wouldn't bet on Cricify the Dead, the lyrics kind of slag off Axl!

I know, but If he plays Sorry then he should play Crucify the dead also.

[quote name="Slash787" post="4071714" timestamp="1452269677

It would be cool to see Axl singing on Slither, Anastasia, You're A lie, Ghost and Crucify the dead.

I wouldn't bet on Cricify the Dead, the lyrics kind of slag off Axl!

I know, but If he plays Sorry then he should play Crucify the dead also.

I'd be pretty surprised to see anything from CD or anything Slash and Duff have worked on since leaving GNR. I guess the set list will be similar tithe last few tours but with more deep cuts from UYI and maybe some covers to avoid any arguments.

Why are you cherrypicking the lines? "So I listened to it.It's a really good record." Replace the "great" I quoted with "very good" then. It's all the same. He then also calls it a great statement by axl, that doesn't suddenly offset that he thinks its a "really good record".

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Good doesn't equals "great". He's trying to be polite, that's it. He did say that Axl's vocals was great though.

Yea, and he didn't do that. He called it "really good" not just "good", as you are saying. You really wanna argue the difference between "really good" and "great"? :mellow:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I don't think Pitman would be there if they were only playing AFD and UYI songs. We know he was in the studio with Axl in July 2015 so he'll most likely be there for ChiDem tracks and new material.

It's HIGHLY unlikely that Slash will play Chinese Democracy songs.[/quote

] i hope they will cover slither and Fall to pieces. Let US be honest. Contraband was so successful because many Songs sounded gnr-like...matt said about the gnr breakup that Axl wanted to enter the grey area musically since 1994. Thats why they left the Band. I don't know if slash and Duff want to enter that grey area now. CD has a darker and depressive vibe.

If Slash has agreed to play with new Guns, I imagine at some point there will be a few songs from Chinese and/or Velvet Revolver/Slash added to the setlist. I'm guessing you are gonna get 2 hour set times, all hits, on stadium/festival tour. If they come around and do arenas on a second leg you probably get an expanded setlist to draw out the diehards to come out twice.

Does anyone think they will keep those weird videos behind the stage they had on their '12 tour? The one for Chinese Democracy was really cool

I imagine everything from the CD tour is out the window. I think the ideas will be fresh and this will be a different kind of show from the creative aspect to the music.

Does anyone think they will keep those weird videos behind the stage they had on their '12 tour? The one for Chinese Democracy was really cool

I imagine everything from the CD tour is out the window. I think the ideas will be fresh and this will be a different kind of show from the creative aspect to the music.

This is wishful thinking imo. I had hoped for new fresh ideas, but now that we know this is a regrouping, I expect most things to stay the same. Of course I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

This is wishful thinking imo. I had hoped for new fresh ideas, but now that we know this is a regrouping, I expect most things to stay the same. Of course I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

Yea I would have thought the same thing, but the fact that rehearsals have started and we are still 3 months out gives me hope that all the stage lighting, imagery, and videos are ordered or being worked on. I think everyone is going to want to earn their keep on this one so it wouldn't surprise me if there is a huge overhaul to the stage.

I think they've done excellent work revamping the logo to the old one, and I imagine that logo will become their primary use of imagery on the new stage. This will require starting fresh on a lot of the banners and changing up the videos to reflect that. I just think with the amount of money on the line and the creativity that Axl showed in the art book on CD and the artist that Slash is that they will want something clean and fresh for this run. If it's just Coachella then I don't see a lot being changed but if it's a tour after then there will be plenty of new additions I think.

The music aspect may not be as different. I still expect WTTJ ISE and Brownstone to start off the show, but I think some classics will find their way back on the set list.

CD needs to just fucking die already. 20 fucking years have already been given to this mediocre album, why drag it on for any longer. It has already been overworked to death with dozens of people playing on it, and a tortured amount of production. Why add more to that? What could Slash and Duff possibly add to this!? I'm not getting why people want them on these songs. If you enjoy the album, then enjoy it for what it is, and move on!

I'd rather new material than listen to them retread old ground. And most likely because Axl wants and needs them to lend credibility to his failed album and nuGNR project. Ironic that the band members he drove out, are the ones he needed the most.

Because Slash doesn't have the chops to play most of the solos in that album. That means, if they play CD songs, we would get to hear different versions, maybe even stripped down to basics, which might be interesting and give us a sense of what could have been.

CD is part of GNR history/discography. Some people love those songs, Axl and whoever is in the band probably like those songs as well. Why pretend it never existed? Just because some fans don't like them? Ha! Ain't gonna happen, kiddo.

I agree though, I'd rather hear new material instead of listening to PC, WTTJ, CD, Better, Mr Brownstone, It's so Easy, YCBM, Don't Cry and NR for the millionth time.

Seriously, move on!