GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

The Drop D songs were: Slither, Headspace, She Builds Quick Machines, Illegal I, Watch This.

He also has some from Snakepit. Beggars and Hangers-on for instance.

That one was drop D major (technically Drop C# major), certainly for the slide parts. Fantastic riff.

I don't think Pitman would be there if they were only playing AFD and UYI songs. We know he was in the studio with Axl in July 2015 so he'll most likely be there for ChiDem tracks and new material.

I don't think Pitman would be there if they were only playing AFD and UYI songs. We know he was in the studio with Axl in July 2015 so he'll most likely be there for ChiDem tracks and new material.

It's HIGHLY unlikely that Slash will play Chinese Democracy songs. Edited by GNRSkidRow1

It's HIGHLY unlikely that Slash will play Chinese Democracy songs.

Are you sure about that?

After seeing Duff play ChiDem songs and the impossible event of Axl and Slash reconciling, I think anything is possible.

We know Axl wanted Slash on some of those songs, we know he wanted a remix album, and the Spotify listing is "Chinese Democracy (Version 1)". A remix or re-recorded version with Slash would generate some press for just how fucking bizarre a concept it would be.

• Like 2

This I Love is the only one I can maybe see.

You think you're gonna see Slash play Better? And Madagascar? Really?

I would love to hear Slash play "Madagascar", I don't think that's a stretch compared with "This I Love". The most unlikely songs are those that includes tapping in the solos, like "Shackler".

I'm sure ChiDem songs will be played, sadly. Axl will insist, as they are GNR songs, in his mind.

He won't so publicly admit that nuGNR was such a resounding failure.

Coachella wouldn't be advertising GNR like this if it were Paul Tbrias and DJ and Tommy Stuson.

The Drop D songs were: Slither, Headspace, She Builds Quick Machines, Illegal I, Watch This.

He also has some from Snakepit. Beggars and Hangers-on for instance.

That one was drop D major (technically Drop C# major), certainly for the slide parts. Fantastic riff.

The main riff from Slither was one of the first things I learned on guitar (and I remember having no idea why I was supposed to change the tuning of the low E :lol: )...for some reason it still impresses lay people when I play that, even though it's incredibly easy.

That Slither riff was the first thing I learned on guitar too! And of course, I played it with a standard tuning at first :D Sounded good to me then. I was so tone-deaf :D (Not that I'm that much better now :D )

I would love to see Slash play Better. It's one of my favorite Guns N' Roses songs.

Just what the world has been waiting for.. Chinese Democracy songs.... :/

If Axl insists on CD songs make em SOD, Better and If The World. Any other CD songs and I guess it's a good time to grab a beer or take a piss. Although it makes me sick that a reunited GnR is gonna waste spots that could be UYI or AFD songs etc...

I see Slash trying a new take on Shacklers Revenge. He seems fascinated with creepy, Halloween type things so maybe he'd like to put his own take on this one. It's short, fast and probably a fun song to play. I think something simple like this would be played before a twat or catcher. Better and TIL are also possibilities though.

IF Pitman can be in, then Slash can play CD songs too and I know he will play.

I guess there won't be much changes in the setlist, Attitude will be added. I just hope if CD songs are being played then VR and Slash's solo stuff should also be played.

It would be cool to see Axl singing on Slither, Anastasia, You're A lie, Ghost and Crucify the dead.

There will be plenty of material to choose from, I think your starting base is: WTTJ, ise, mr brownstone, RQ CIVIL WAR PATIENCE SCOM KOHD NR ESTRANGED DONT CRY YESTERDAYS LIVE AND LET DIE NIGHTRAIN YOURE CRAZY YCBM PC

those songs alone are going to make this epic

Edited by IncitingChaos

To be honest I would love it if Slash finally made some good guitar parts for those songs and add some great solos. A little work from him and Duff and those songs could turn into something wholly new and much better. I'd love to hear that. Madagascar is definitely one I'd love to have some Slash's solo on, but others too.

Plus some new tunes would be great. As far as I'm concerned they don't have to make a record, their studio records always sound far worse than the live versions. Just compose, play it live and make a live album. I'd be in heaven.

• Like 1

CD needs to just fucking die already. 20 fucking years have already been given to this mediocre album, why drag it on for any longer. It has already been overworked to death with dozens of people playing on it, and a tortured amount of production. Why add more to that? What could Slash and Duff possibly add to this!? I'm not getting why people want them on these songs. If you enjoy the album, then enjoy it for what it is, and move on!

I'd rather new material than listen to them retread old ground. And most likely because Axl wants and needs them to lend credibility to his failed album and nuGNR project. Ironic that the band members he drove out, are the ones he needed the most.

Edited by Babooshka
  • Like 1

Agreed completely: just let ChiDem die. It's like parading around a wheezing, gasping, half-rotten corpse.

ChiDem was a huge failure. Just look at the excitement surrounding the Big Three reuniting, and compare that buzz to the embarrassingly shitty years of lineup after lineup, to the point where the latest group touring on ChiDem didn't even have anything to do with recording that piece of shit album.