GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Holy shit, I can't believe we're discussing whether or not Slash can play in drop D tuning.

My goldfish can play in drop D tuning, after a few days practice.

Do people really think ChiDem is THAT complex?

Slither's riff is more complex than any riff on CD, Slash can do it with his feet :lol:

Yeah, I'm a very mediocre guitar player who mostly plays at barbecues with friends for fun and I can play in drop D tuning.

Speaking of that, the way most people here analyse and give verdicts on the quality of GNR members and former members at playing their instruments is quite ludicrous.

Slash has done multiple songs in his career that were in drop D, including 4 velvet revolver single (slither, dirty little thing, come on come in, she builds quick machines) and a few of his solo songs (nothing to say with m shadows comes to mind). Kind of a weird question to ask.

Not to mention The Garden was in Drop C# (Drop D but a half step down) - the acoustic guitar at the very least. Slash is no stranger to these tunings. All that changes is where you fret notes on the bottom string. There is no difference between Standard and E-flat as far as fretting goes.

Shackler's is technically in Drop B but for the live performances Ron and Tommy both repositioned their parts to fit in the same old Drop C# tuning (Richard played in Drop B because that's needed for the main riff).

Other than that, 99% of the catalogue is simply a half-step down (E-flat).

It's funny looking at comments on other music sites. It's about 50% positive and 50% negative. A lot of: who cares, old and past their prime, Axl doesn't have it anymore.

Headlining Coachella, billboards all over - I would say there is a huge demand for a semi-reunited GnR.

And Axl sounded great at the last Vegas residency.

It seems like half the hate is by people who just don't like GnR music or Axl. The other half is by people who are just simply uniformed talking about Axl being late and not sounding good.

• Like 1

It's funny looking at comments on other music sites. It's about 50% positive and 50% negative. A lot of: who cares, old and past their prime, Axl doesn't have it anymore.

Headlining Coachella, billboards all over - I would say there is a huge demand for a semi-reunited GnR.

And Axl sounded great at the last Vegas residency.

It seems like half the hate is by people who just don't like GnR music or Axl. The other half is by people who are just simply uniformed talking about Axl being late and not sounding good.

He did soung good. Great on a couple of songs, good on most and bad at a few ones too (the usual weak songs such as YCBM).

He needs to improve a bit for an event this big and this long in the making. If he improves on the songs he sucks at, maintains a 2014 Vegas standard and the general performance and atmosphere of the band is good it will be a success.