Where can we watch the Axl interview on That Metal Show?

Here's a clip.

VIDEO: Axl Rose Gives 3 Reasons Why Guns 'N' Roses Were Always Late

1. Management booked it. I didn't want to do it.

2. Slash might have died of a heroin overdose if we went off tour.

3. Slash forced him into touring.

Video: http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/2011/11/video-axl-rose-gives-3-reasons-why-guns-n-roses-were-always-late/

I can't find it anywhere online.

If you're super nice to me I have it on disc somewhere several times.

Send your email to me by pm & I'll dig it out & send you the link, if I downloaded it onto a disc you should be able to see it all.

Tell me what you want as I have the beginning of Trunk and 2 others going to the area, interviewing BBF beforehand and then from where Axl was being dressed by crew etc ready for the interview.

It might take a couple of days to find it but I'm happy to share. :axl:

• Like 1

I have it somewhere. Someone kindly uploaded it here years ago, so I have to thank them for that. Not sure if its right to do (if its not, Mods can feel free to delete my post), but if people want it you can PM me and I should be able to get it to you. Admittedly it is VERY hard to find.

I'll also just warn any of you that haven't seen it: its not good. I mean, there's still something about it that makes you want to see it, but it never goes anywhere and arguably the best thing about it is the Live And Let Die clip, which says a lot. If I remember correct that was the general sentiment from fans. Everytime you watch you think "an hour of Axl can't really be that bad" and somehow it manages to go absolutely nowhere. But it is a piece of history.

• Like 1

Here's a clip.

Video: http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/2011/11/video-axl-rose-gives-3-reasons-why-guns-n-roses-were-always-late/

:facepalm:

Always somebody else's fault. lol Axl

Here's a clip.

:facepalm:

Always somebody else's fault. lol Axl

If he suffers anxiety I can relate to him being late, maybe not 3hrs late but I know that feeling of anxiety that you never feel ready. If not for friends giving me a time they will pick me up I probably would be the same, plus I've always been late for school, work etc. Picking my kids up from school always late, it does frustrate me but I can't get myself anywhere on time.

It was a great episode, really exciting all along.

They interviewed Tommy, Dizzy, DJ, Bumble and Tom Mayhue (really interesting one) as well, available worldwilde as bonus clips.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/that_metal_show/that-metal-show-ep-900-digital-exclusive-tommy-stinson/712841/video/#id=1674691

Edited by Silent Jay

• 4 years later...
On 1/7/2016 at 2:20 AM, rock4eva said:

If you're super nice to me I have it on disc somewhere several times.

Send your email to me by pm & I'll dig it out & send you the link, if I downloaded it onto a disc you should be able to see it all.

Tell me what you want as I have the beginning of Trunk and 2 others going to the area, interviewing BBF beforehand and then from where Axl was being dressed by crew etc ready for the interview.

It might take a couple of days to find it but I'm happy to share. :axl:

Can you send it to me? LOL I know that I’m late. Btw this is my first post ever here lol.

On 01/09/2020 at 7:24 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Axl required a bit of a push. Axl’s ex-manager Niven always came off as a looney to me, but he got the ball rollin on that tour. He probably knew Axl was gong to procrastinate in starting the tour.  

I beleive, and not sure if this is correct,  axl wasnt ready to tour when the band wanted to  due to emotional/mental issues he wanted to sort out first. I guess the band overruled.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Here is the crazy part on the OP's question....If you go to That Metal Show's site on VH1.com, if you have a current cable provider listed, you can sign in and watch any past episode of That Metal Show....You can watch any past episode of the show, except for the Axl  interview. It's on Season 9, dated 11/11/2011. When you go to Season 9, un-check the available episodes box, and it brings up all videos/episodes from the season. If you click on any other video, it gives you an option to sign in and view the episode  you chose with a cable provider....

Now, if you click the "A TMS Special Presentation: Axl Rose The Inteview....It has a disclaimer on the video that says: The Video is Currently Unavailable. Due to current rights and restrictions, this video is unavailable, but feel free to check back later. In the meantime, why not watch something else?" 

So, basically you can see the video was once there, but now unavailable. Go figure.

Edited by papashaun
Grammar Error
  • GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1

On 1/7/2016 at 12:31 AM, gunsfanoldie said:

I have it somewhere. Someone kindly uploaded it here years ago, so I have to thank them for that. Not sure if its right to do (if its not, Mods can feel free to delete my post), but if people want it you can PM me and I should be able to get it to you. Admittedly it is VERY hard to find.

I'll also just warn any of you that haven't seen it: its not good. I mean, there's still something about it that makes you want to see it, but it never goes anywhere and arguably the best thing about it is the Live And Let Die clip, which says a lot. If I remember correct that was the general sentiment from fans. Everytime you watch you think "an hour of Axl can't really be that bad" and somehow it manages to go absolutely nowhere. But it is a piece of history.

Everyone was so excited when it was announced but Trunk ruined it by giving away literally everything Axl said of interest over the next two weeks before it aired.