Thoughts on the 'reunion' word

Are we looking at this the wrong way, i've been viewing it as not so much a reunion, more of a 'tour that features Slash and Duff', similar to how the 2014 South American tour featured Duff, this is just a tour that also features Slash. So, like, the band arent reuniting, Axl will probably continue things with the new band after this and possibly put out CD2 eventually, and continue touring with Stinson back on bass and Ashba and Bumble replaced by two new guys? As opposed to continuing out the rest of his career with Duff and Slash back permantly.

I dunno, there's so many ways you can view thus whole thing, i just really dont think it should be seen as the band are reuniting and Duff and Slash are officially back for good.

Yes, this will be a GH thing similar to past years. Reunion? Well, it's an Axl and Slash reunion and that alone is a HUGE event.

Axl won't put out CD2, I've been saying for years that a reunion was more likely and guess what happened first? The CD2 thing is completely fucked up at this point. Musicians left, CD1 bombed, Axl probably doesn't have faith in the recorded material, etc.

Do you think Stuson would come back? I don't. And Axl going after two new guitar players after the whole world watching him and Slash playing together again? No, just no.

What I expect for the future (from most to least likely):

GH tour with Slash and Duff for some years

Retirement after world tour with Slash and Duff

GH tour with Slash and Duff and two or three new songs recorded for a movie/GH album

GH tour with yet another version of NuGNR in places like Brazil, Argentina and Vegas

CD2 release

I think the reunion word that keeps getting thrown around is good for publicity, and certainly in the general publics eyes, Slash alone returning IS a reunion. I agree with the above.

Personally, i would haved loved CD2 out in 2010 and a fired up Axl to keep touring and releasing albums, rather then the 2011-14 era. But it is quite exciting to have a few old guys back, might get Axl a bit more into each gig, rather then how he become by 2011, certainly by 2013, which was Axl in full cash grab mode

Are we looking at this the wrong way, i've been viewing it as not so much a reunion, more of a 'tour that features Slash and Duff', similar to how the 2014 South American tour featured Duff, this is just a tour that also features Slash. So, like, the band arent reuniting, Axl will probably continue things with the new band after this and possibly put out CD2 eventually, and continue touring with Stinson back on bass and Ashba and Bumble replaced by two new guys? As opposed to continuing out the rest of his career with Duff and Slash back permantly.

I dunno, there's so many ways you can view thus whole thing, i just really dont think it should be seen as the band are reuniting and Duff and Slash are officially back for good.

I hope you are right. I see no future in Axl trying to be creative with Slash and Duff again. It didn't work back in the 90s, I think they have only become more set in their ways and diverged more from eachother. Much better to go their separate ways with the promise of new music in the future -- from all of them.

The idea of songs like The General, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged and Soul Monster still genuinely excite me, i think just because its been so long and i imagine them being like the stuff on CD, totally over the top, full of unnecessary guitar solos lots of Axl's vocal range. I think it'd be a shame to never hear them. Of course it all depends if you was a fan of CD, i really like the album and the new era, it's a completely absurd fun album i think.

• Like 1

The "reunion" business is all for press because it's great marketing. The reality to Axl is likely that Slash and Duff have simply rejoined the band. Slash and Duff keeping quiet makes me think some kind of big announcement is planned for later on but I won't be surprised if none of them mention the word "reunion" at all.

This has seriously been discussed in almost every thread already.

Was it a reunion when Duff joined them a few years ago? No, so why should it be considered a reunion when Slash is involved? Because he's more famous than Duff?

Just enjoy or don't enjoy it for what it is, don't worry about giving it a label.

• Like 1

I like to think nu-GnR is dead. And it's about damn time. It was in interesting project, but when Buckethead and a little later Finck left there was no hope for it to be honest. It became way too much of a revolving door band and it never really caught steam in terms of releases, promotion or anything a normal band does. This seems like a way to start over and I like that. I was done with nu-GnR since 2008 and I'm glad it's dead. With all due respect to Ron and no respect whatsoever for Ashba #bullied #loser #AshbaSwag - it was pretty much doomed from the start. I absolutely loved seeing them live in 2006, but in hindsight it was already too late by then.

Reunion... I guess in public opinion anything that has Axl/Slash is a reunion. The average person would struggle to even know anybody else from the glory days. For us nickpicking diehards who waste their time debating GnR on the internet it's not a reunion. I really don't care what they call it. It's a fresh start. And as long as it doesn't move over into blatant cashgrab territory I'm fine with that.

Edited by username

Reunion... I guess in public opinion anything that has Axl/Slash is a reunion. The average person would struggle to even know anybody else from the glory days. For us nickpicking diehards who waste their time debating GnR on the internet it's not a reunion.

This 110%. Duff doesn't even have to be there. The "reunion" the world thought would never happen was these two. It's not a GNR reunion. It's an Axl/Slash reunion. That's what the media wants, that's what casual rock fans want, and that's what's happening. Who gives a shit about the other guys other than us?

Axl and Slash are reuniting. That's amazing. Fuck off with the semantic bullshit.

I hope this is a cashgrab so they stay together longer for the love of money

I'd love to see Axl, Slash and Duff on one stage. A lot. But if they're asking 200 euro's or something, they can go fuck themselves with a rake. I'd consider 100. Anything over that.... Nah.

Edited by username

I'd love to see Axl, Slash and Duff on one stage. A lot. But if they're asking 200 euro's or something, they can go fuck themselves with a rake. I'd consider 100. Anything over that.... Nah.

I'd conceivably go up to 200 or 300 once we've seen what the band can do. If the voice is there and the show is up to par? I'd shell out for one show. But if it's the shaky voice and the show is more stationary? Not worth it. For $150 you can get GA tickets for Springsteen, and with him, you know what you're getting.

I'd conceivably go up to 200 or 300 once we've seen what the band can do. If the voice is there and the show is up to par? I'd shell out for one show. But if it's the shaky voice and the show is more stationary? Not worth it. For $150 you can get GA tickets for Springsteen, and with him, you know what you're getting.

In that scenario I might go up to 150. In euro's, not dollars. But like you said, only if they're consistently great. Not for 2012 quality Axl.

This isn't nearly as exciting as it should have been.. I'm not going to dish out as money or see as many shows as I would have.. Seeing Slash's band ove rthe years for 40 bucks will be much more of a Gn'R experience than this will be...

Willing to drop $1000 to see Axl/Slash/Duff combo

It's on my bucket list to see my favuorite musicians of all time perform together, no less after 15+ years of thinking it would never happen. I'll always try and support Axl/Slash/Duff in their endeavors, in and out of Guns N' Roses.

As for the "reunion" issue, it was a smart move by everyone involved to ride that wave of goodwill and even smarter to have the Coachella press release only mention Axl/Slash/Duff. I would continue on in that manner to be quite frank. Even if it's just Slash and Duff rejoining nuGuns (LOL), hopefully they are smart enough to know the majority want to see the Ferrari Testarossa take a victory lap and just keep those Toyota Tercels in the background, if you catch my drift.

Ive been a hardcore GNR fan and seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage would be a dream come true, but for these 3, I wont pay more than 150 to 200 euros, IF it was the full AFD or UYI line up, then i would have paid up to 400 euros.

Ive been a hardcore GNR fan and seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage would be a dream come true, but for these 3, I wont pay more than 150 to 200 euros, IF it was the full AFD or UYI line up, then i would have paid up to 400 euros.

It could still be awesome with just these three if they did it right but they aren't... Step one.. Step the fuck down Pittman.

Not truly a reunion without Izzy and Steven IMHO but then again does the casual fan really care as long as Axl and Slash are on stage together?

I might be willing to cough up a couple of $100 for a ticket if they were all playing together but if not I would not spend over $100 and only if it was a decent seat. Having seen the original band 3X back in 87/88 and the UYI lineup 2X in 91-93 I would rather see Slash solo with Myles singing a cross section of material from Slash's career for less than $50 if it is going to be a half assed greatest hits semi-reunion concert............Now if they were to actually make some decent new music together, even if it was the hybrid band, that would be a horse of a different color.......

But I do get why anyone who never got to see the AFD or UYI band would be excited and willing to pay big money for tickets to the proposed reunion shows...........I truly hope they make it work and do a decent tour for the fans who have never seen them play together.........

Edited by classicrawker

Even if it was the whole AFD lineup, for 400 euro's I'd expect a private sexslave who will suck my cock during the concert to be included. Fuck that shit. People shouldn't pay that for any band, just to show that nobody should even dare ask so much for a concert ticket.

It is a dog's dinner of a reunion. Axl and Slash got over their biggest hurdle, the acrimony of their own relationship, yet still managed to salvage defeat from the jaws of victory by including nugnr wankers. It is a typical GN'R shit sandwich. Look at this for a second,

We have had VR which had Slash, Duff and Matt

We have had Kings of Chaos which had Gilby, Matt, Duff and (occasionally) Slash

We have had Izzy guesting with Axl

We have had Duff guesting with Axl

We have had Izzy and Duff guest with Adler's Appetite

We have had Adler guest with Slash

We have had Duff on Izzy's solo albums, and vice versa

And now we have Axl, Slash and Duff.

We have had all possible permutations of band members except the one we want which is an one that includes all those members. Every one lacks a key element, a key person.

• Like 1

We have had all possible permutations of band members except the one we want which is an one that includes all those members. Every one lacks a key element, a key person.

Or in this case has too many elements... Pittman and possibly 3 guitarists.. Fucking lame..

I cannot understand why people are still talking bollocks and insulting the 'reunion'. We know nuGuns guys will be involved, simply to make sure the tour happens solidly. Not a single one of us know anything about Steve or Izzy, and imo their complete silence shows they will be involved. Can you lot not just shut the fuck up with all the complaints till we get an official announcement on the tour and Izzy/Steve's roles. Thank you.