04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

4 minutes ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

i'm pissed...i've been a GnR fan since I was a teen back in the late 80's....never been to one show and now I find out my hipster teenager nephew was at coachella last night watching GNR with his friends....he texted me just now saying it was the most electrifying show he's ever seen... 

7 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Surely.

By the way, after coachella are now GNR mainstream among hipsters? :P

@Italian girl This probably Our answer today

I think there will be a lot of hipster on Their next show

Maybe after this They will search all about Guns N' Roses N' buy Their tshirt on next coachella ;)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

i'm pissed...i've been a GnR fan since I was a teen back in the late 80's....never been to one show and now I find out my hipster teenager nephew was at coachella last night watching GNR with his friends....he texted me just now saying it was the most electrifying show he's ever seen... 

I'm not pissed at all by that. The more the merrier, I say!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

This generation needed an awesome rock band to get kids interested in rock again.  I'm glad they put on a show that the kid described as electrifying.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, amacfantasy said:

When I seen the "Not in this lifetime" tour announcement I laughed out loud because I'm such a GNR nerd I actually remembered him saying that to the paparazzi in a video and assumed it was in part a play on that ironic statement. But what dawned on me the other day was that video I remembered him saying that in was actually from that night he went out with Lana Del Rey, I wonder if she is aware of that (probably) and if she kind of likes having that GNR connection albeit kind of odd one.

Also I know she is a big Axl fan but why is she walking around Coachella with her own name on this jacket ? Either way kind of cool 

I love Lana. She was always a huge GnR fan, even wrote a song about Axl.

"Axl Rose Husband"

You my Axl Rose husband
Blue hydrangea
White Pontiac heaven
Me your red, white and blue girl
Star spangled danger
You my heaven,
Heaven King, king

I said, “Daddy, I need you” (yes)
Greenwich, I need you
Strangled up in ivy
I’m the garden of Eden
Lady Liberty
Til it flame I'm shinin'
Queen, queen

You’re my one king daddy
I’m your little queen
Red, white, and blue

1 minute ago, passenger57 said:

I love Lana. She was always a huge GnR fan, even wrote a song about Axl.

"Axl Rose Husband"

You my Axl Rose husband
Blue hydrangea
White Pontiac heaven
Me your red, white and blue girl
Star spangled danger
You my heaven,
Heaven King, king

I said, “Daddy, I need you” (yes)
Greenwich, I need you
Strangled up in ivy
I’m the garden of Eden
Lady Liberty
Til it flame I'm shinin'
Queen, queen

You’re my one king daddy
I’m your little queen
Red, white, and blue

Wow, Turns out Uncle Axl is her Daddy :lol:

Catching up on videos now and I realized that I subconsciously cringe every time I click play on Paradise City, expecting to be assaulted by Mickey. But these last few weeks... whoa, the sense of relief when Axl brings his excellent raspy voice instead! Also, that may have been the fastest PC I've ever heard. Were they cutting it close on their curfew or something?! :lol: (Also also, I definitely needed that to purge that abysmal version by Hole. Gross.)

I never had any ill will towards NuGuns, but maaan, it is just so right seeing Slash and Duff up there. Slash seemed a little off his game last night. Not bad, just a little off occasionally. Still cool having him back. Wondering what his secret is for keeping that top hat on when he's head banging. Staples à la Indiana Jones?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/music-festivals/7334123/coachella-2016-guns-n-roses-acdc-angus-young?utm_source=twitter

Forced to remain seated for the marathon concert, Rose looked like a caged animal at times -- and it suited him perfectly. Feeding off the satisfaction of GnR drawing a gargantuan crowd (it was much larger than the one LCD Soundsystem's reunion pulled in Friday night), Rose's gaze was tinged with a sort of sinister hunger. His eyes roamed the stage like an ailing, ravenous dog just waiting for the moment it's well enough to pounce.

And that day will come. Once his foot is healed and he's touring with his teenage heroes as their vocalist later this year, it looks like Axl Rose -- who for years seemed content to trudge through old Guns N' Roses hits like a pleasant but passionless day job -- may have his appetite for rock domination restored. 

For years, the path of Axl's story seemed to fit that of the archetype of the exiled hero - the great rockstar who had lost his glory, who had gone into his exile and could possibly come back to win it all.  I think he seriously tried to do it with a new line up and CD. He may not have set the world on fire because his return from exile wasn't complete. Maybe he now has a shot at completing the circle.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

This has been probably been discussed already but did anyone else notice that Slash fumbled the NR solos a bit? He was playing ahead of the beat. I dunno how that happened since he handles any other song really well.

Yep.

Slash has been on fire and stole the show in the  Vegas gigs. I give Axl the edge on this one.

A lot of Slash's string bends were off key, and his timing was off slightly. Tone wasn't the best either - not much sustain on the longer notes.

Great seeing him with that old style GNR Les Paul on Jungle - reminds me off his main axe on the Illusions tour. Loved that guitar

• Like 1