Why did they make a video for Garden of Eden?

4 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

I never saw this Bad Apples video on TV and it wasn't included on Welcome to the videos but it's dated 1991 on YouTube and is the laziest of the lazy.

theres no way thats official

thats a cut up version of the don't cry video

Edited by -W.A.R-

13 hours ago, neon said:

That Bad Apples video was never released as official music video. It's just a part of the "making of don't cry" VHS that was released in '92 or '93, if i remember correctly. The footage used is nothing but the band performing don't cry on top of a skyscraper.

It was never on the "Making Of" videos. As I recall it showed up several years ago on VEVO under the GN'R account. IDK why. Looks fan made to me.

I'm pretty sure Garden Of Eden was filmed the same day as Yesterday video. It's the same warehouse, just redressed. Perhaps they did it to save money and time, not having to come back and film another video later.

It was a low profile song based on when it was released. Had it been the 1st, 2nd or 3rd single it would've been quite popular. Same with Estranged. Had it been released when November Rain was and November Rain released when Estranegd was, the song's popularities likely would've been reversed. 

Edited by Bono

'Garden Of Eden' was never released as a single.  It was a promo cd single in the US in '91, there's also a 12" promo from Costa Rica.

In early May '93 'Civil War' was released as a single in several countries (not in the US).  'Garden Of Eden' was the b-side.  'Back Off Bitch' and 'Don't Damn Me' were used in Australasia.

In the UK, as an exra promotion for the upcoming Milton Keynes shows at the end of May, 'Civil War' was released as an EP, with 'Garden Of Eden' and 'Dead Horse' (and an interview with Slash in Boston in March of '93) as b-sides.

As mentioned before, GNR had the quicky 'Garden Of Eden' video laying around, as well as the thus far unused 'Dead Horse' video, and the 'Yesterdays' live version from Vegas '92 that was broadcast (days later) at the AMA's.  In the UK, again as an extra promotion for the Milton Keynes shows, they released all three of them as the 'Garden Of Eden' vhs video-single.

There was also a video for 'Civil War' at the time of the single release (early May '93), which was taken straight from the UYI live in Tokyo video (much like the 'KOHD' video where they used the Wembley video).  All three videos (Civil War, Garden Of Eden and Dead Horse) were frequently shown on MTV at the time, all timed around the Milton Keynes shows and the rest of the European dates through May and June '93.

Edited by Nikki_Sixx