Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I just want it to be concretely proven real or fake just so one of us looks like a complete fucking retard. I fully embrace if its real that I and so many others here have bent over backwards to try and believe it wasn't, but I want to know so that either my half or the other half of believers look like morons after this. Its the only thing that'll make me happy.

I do have a question though: where did you stand on the GNR reunion news before it got announced? I really don't remember, so what were you saying in September, October, November when this stuff was being talked about. I feel this whole issue is very similar to that one.

As for the reunion since that interview with Slash I thought it very likely to be happening. As far as this is concerned, that this is Izzy is just as plausible as that Axl had grown a pair od donkey's ears and a tail :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I didn't believe Axl would allow Slash back into the band, so I doubted the rumours for quite some time, eventually, though, when the evidence started to pile up I realized I had been wrong. Was that what you were asking about?

Yes. Cause there were people STAUNCHLY believing those who thought the rumors were true were crazy and that there was no evidence. People rightfully pointed out that there was no CREDIBLE evidence that it was happening, there was just a bunch of newspapers running with it without getting their facts straight. The whole attitude of both sides of "this is definitely fake" or "this is definitely real" reminded me of that, so now that I know your stance on this I was just wondering what your stance was on that past similar incident.

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This is an interesting point and perspective.  To me this issue all comes down to the fact that the only real evidence supporting the fact that it really is Izzy is Downliner vouching for him.

For some people that is enough and that's ok.  For most people though, you have to understand the skepticism that it isn't really Izzy and objectively everything else points to the fact that this account isn't real.  

Blind Faith in Downliner may be right, but you cannot dismiss the fact that people are skeptical and have facts on their side in that regard.

I don't think there is much evidence suggesting it isn't Izzy. Either Izzy is struggling with internet or some hacker is. I find it more plausible it is Izzy ;). As for downliner, yes, not beliving downliner means that he is in on the joke, has been hacked himself, or fooled on the phone, and that adds another level of implausible to it all.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think there is much evidence suggesting it isn't Izzy. Either Izzy is struggling with internet or some hacker is. I find it more plausible it is Izzy ;). As for downliner, yes, not beliving downliner means that he is in on the joke, has been hacked himself, or fooled on the phone, and that adds another level of implausible to it all.

How about this then...take Downliner out of it, as if he never vouched for it being Izzy.

Would you believe it's Izzy?

Yes. Cause there were people STAUNCHLY believing those who thought the rumors were true were crazy and that there was no evidence. People rightfully pointed out that there was no CREDIBLE evidence that it was happening, there was just a bunch of newspapers running with it without getting their facts straight. The whole attitude of both sides of "this is definitely fake" or "this is definitely real" reminded me of that, so now that I know your stance on this I was just wondering what your stance was on that past similar incident.

Yes, as I said, people believe what they WANT to believe. Trust me, I have no reason to want to believe Izzy isn't part of the new lineup, in fact, Izzy being onboard would make me happy because GN'R was never as good as when he was in the band, and with Izzy in the band the chances of new music increases.

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I don't know if this means anything more than curiosity like the rest of us, but an editor from RS with a verified account is following (F)Izzy on twitter

https://twitter.com/Jasonrnewman

Well the Official GNR page also posted that fake Izzy interview thinking it was real.

I won't believe unless its confirmed by Duff or the real Izzy Stradlin himself. 

Just now, Padme said:

This one looks like the kind of bullshit Axl would write on twitter

I literally wrote a reply earlier then deleted it saying "that looks like some shit Axl would write which means if its the real Izzy he should join Axl in the club of "should be banned from Twitter". Cause that is EXACTLY the type of BS Axl would right to fuck with people. Its EXACTLY in line with that "read between the lines. No news is good news."

• Like 1

I literally wrote a reply earlier then deleted it saying "that looks like some shit Axl would write which means if its the real Izzy he should join Axl in the club of "should be banned from Twitter". Cause that is EXACTLY the type of BS Axl would right to fuck with people. Its EXACTLY in line with that "read between the lines. No news is good news."

That is hilarious bc at one point yesterday I had this vision of Axl and Izzy hanging out together and laughing at everyone over this....

Just now, tsinindy said:

That is hilarious bc at one point yesterday I had this vision of Axl and Izzy hanging out together and laughing at everyone over this....

Again, out of likes, but thats an amazing image.

Yeah, if anything, it just verifies more that this is real, because if they used to be such good friends I could see them both having this fucked up sense of humor. Truly only in this band.

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

It would be really sad if Izzy opened an account on twitter just post the shit Axl post. If it is the real Izzy he can close the account now. Nobody gives a fuck about idiotic tweets

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

The strongest argument against it being Izzy is actually the latest tweet, in my opinion. Posting a fake quote form Lincoln, some meta-joke?

I bet he reads this forum too then, Izzy if you are seeing this then please Sign up, you will get a special "Guns N' Roses" Badge! 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I'd be down to 50-50. It fits with my expectations of how Izzy would act, more or less.

Fair enough :)

i think that's where im at.  I believe it very we could be Izzy, but I'm skeptical in nature of the internet being full of people with nothing better to do than to pull some major bullshit and never really give anyone the benefit of the doubt until I hear or see it's them with my own eyes.