Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Well Im just waiting for another retarded tweet by "Izzy" lol

Almost everytime I read about him people mention how quiet he is so if he is just as quiet on twitter as he is in real life, we can wait a long time.

3 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

This...

Someone over analyzing 4 twits, clamming that is a 14 year old spanish dude/girl and calling it fake, but using words like "cupcake" and asking followers in the process is fucking annoying. They need to understand that it's fucking Izzy Stradlin, he can do/post whatever he wants in any way he wants.

Just like every other people on this planet who got a twitter account:shrugs:

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I'm still 100% with downliner and the other guys but it's weird that someone with Rolling Stone can't get to the bottom of this. This guy really knows how to keep the mystery alive.

He isn't known as "Mr Invisible" without a reason; without management, publicists, etc, it is very hard to reach him unless you have his personal phone number, which I am pretty sure Izzy would NOT give out to journalists. This is proably also why he thought it a good idea to only contact RS through Twitter, rather than calling them or emailing them and giving them his contact info.

Edited by SoulMonster
typos

Just now, SoulMonster said:

He isn't known as "Mr Invisble" for a reason. without management, publicists, etc, it is very hard to reach him unless you have his personal phone number, which I am pretty sure Izzy would NOT give out to journalists. This is proably also why he thought it a good idea to only contact RS through Twitter, rather than calling them or emailing them and giving them his contact info.

Sounds about right.

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am leaning more and more towards the theory that Izzy just tweeted Andy to inform RS about his denial of being part of the new lineup. It wasn't to ask for an interview, it was just to say, "Hey! Look at these tweets of mine. I am not involved in the upcoming gigs," and then expecting RS would report on it. If this is correct then I see no particular reason why Izzy would contact Andy again - he has already done what he set out to do. Unless to verify it is really him.

There is no way Rolling Stone would report on it without verifying his identity, and there is no way Izzy wouldn't know that after 30 years in the music business.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

He isn't known as "Mr Invisible" without a reason; without management, publicists, etc, it is very hard to reach him unless you have his personal phone number, which I am pretty sure Izzy would NOT give out to journalists. This is proably also why he thought it a good idea to only contact RS through Twitter, rather than calling them or emailing them and giving them his contact info.

Well Izzy supposedly emailed him, but the editor never got it. 

Rolling Stone have also had their troubles in the past with confirming information. That whole "rape" scandal story they had is NOT that long ago. I know Izzy is a MUCH smaller deal, but the fact of the matter is if Rolling Stone was always about integrity, they are CERTAINLY proceeding with caution with everything else they print now. Hence the reason something like printing an Izzy Stradlin statement, the mysterious man, has to be done with careful vetting. Obviously not an easy thing to do when the guy has no means of contacting him. I think we all understand Andy's frustration. This is probably something he'd LOVE to print, but obviously without properly verification he can't really do anything. Which sucks, but in all honesty no one is gonna blame him because this just fell in his lap and we would all have probably reacted the same way. In addition to the fact that his word means a lot more than ours would so he's gotta be right.

My curiosity is what happened that changed his mind. I assume he didn't read this thread and start thinking it was real. Was it Chopaway's tweet? Did he actually get in contact with that Izzy email? Thats really my main interest now is what made Andy go from 99% to very unsure. Many including myself did the same thing here but again I don't think he's reading this. He must have had other sources that could confirm stuff. Regardless, I'm very happy that he's staying on this and keeping people updated and I'm at least pretty positive people will keep bugging him till we get an answer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anderslash said:

Oh, I tried to post it here also, but didn't work. Gotta learn with you guys.

10 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

WE HAVE ANOTHER IZZY TWEET! Someone's gotta post it here as I don't know how to do that screenshot thing people have done in the past.

Just click on "..." (next to the heart), "copy link to tweet", then paste it here :)

ps. WOOOOHOOOO, we're getting to the bottom of this. Kinda sad though, it's been a fun ride lol

• Like 1

Just now, gunsfanoldie said:

THANKS EMYBDC!! Been wondering how people were doing this for years!

Well done! ahaha I've learned how to that by accident!

you're welcome.

Us = Andy, Izzy and downliner? 
They are the main characters after all lol

• Like 1