Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

8 minutes ago, Asia said:

Axl never tried to make himself credible in that way, though. Guess why? Because it's ridiculous. There's plenty other sensible ways to do it and that's how he went about it. That's also what Izzy would do if it was Izzy.

yeah, cause Axl is the most sensible motherfucker there is.
Perhaps you've missed out on this tweet by Mr. Rose when Slash said something about a reunion back in 2011:  "Contrary to anyone's claims there are no concrete plans, nor were there ever for a tour and certainly not to replace anyone in the band, beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals without any real foundation."
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/54873#zOxihilr7AFE9xDy.99

That's pretty much what Izzy said on his profile.

And you gotta understand, Izzy isn't that public of a figure as Axl is. He wouldn't get a verified account on the day he joined. I'm not even sure he knows what that is and how to get one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm obviously personally fond of Twizzy :)

But, I must say I do also like The Avocado Incident

Thanks tsinindy

The Twizzy incident.

or The apostrophe affaire. 

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Perhaps you've missed out on this tweet by Mr. Rose when Slash said something about a reunion back in 2011:  "Contrary to anyone's claims there are no concrete plans, nor were there ever for a tour and certainly not to replace anyone in the band, beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals without any real foundation."

Gotta love that Axl Grammar(TM)

@Archtop +1 for The Avocado Incident

Quick, someone photoshop a pic of guacamole with the GNR logo!

Edited by IkaruFunk

This is really pretty rediculous at this point.  42 pages and basically depending on who is posting, it may or not be real.  This crap like this makes me wonder why I became a fan and even more so wonder why I'm still a fan.  This is some of the biggest news in rock history and we can't even get a fucking interview or statement from the bands management telling fans what the hell is going on.  As usual completely unprofessional and shrouded in mystery.  Rediculous. 

• Like 2

IIRC Izzy actually did use a fan to communicate once before when someone posted either a website or social media account, pretending to be him. And he's not exactly a conventional sort who likes to chat with the press and such. So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that this is also him, and that he's chosen this way to communicate. On the other hand, some of the points that have been made about this account being questionable are also valid IMHO.

As to Izzy's involvement in the reunion, he's stayed below the radar for the most part for all these years and doesn't seem to have had any real desire to return to the spotlight. If anything I'd expect him to pop up for a song or two and then go away again, as he did with NuGnR in the 2006ish era.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, emybdc said:

yeah, cause Axl is the most sensible motherfucker there is.
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/54873#zOxihilr7AFE9xDy.99

That's pretty much what Izzy said on his profile.

And you gotta understand, Izzy isn't that public of a figure as Axl is. He wouldn't get a verified account on the day he joined. I'm not even sure he knows what that is and how to get one.

So I guess Axl apologised.

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah my point is not that he does this to be an asshole - but to do a service to this community as a whole to get the band speaking again and breaking this annoying and frankly, disrespectful silence torwards the fans. .We are all basing the legitimacy of this on downliners impeccable reputation afterall. He is the perfect guy who could pull this off without it looking like a crappy fake. The more attention this account gets the better, because it will eventually force someone from the GNR camp to speak out about it. If it's just a crappy fake and everyone could tell right away, the band wouldn't need to. But as it is this controversy is only getting bigger, so the plan seems to work thus far (if it exists)

I tried to read this three times and I still couldn't follow it. I speak to downliner from time to time off the forum. There is no plan, the Twitter is Izzy. :facepalm:

I don't know how much further this can be taken. It's clear there are a few new members here who haven't been around long enough to know which people to take seriously.

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

Gotcha. So this is something you made up and can't provide proof of. 

You must have me confused with another poster. I don't even like Slash that much. I'm an Axl guy. 

On a side note, if you are going to make bold character attacks on band members then you should at least have the courtesy go back up your insults. 

1. Nope. You had this debate over and over, plenty of proof was provided, even Canter admitted it but you turned a blind eye or play stupid on all occasions. Arguing with you is pointless because you are here since 2003 just to fuck shit up

2. Yeah, you're an Axl guy, right... but you always gets offended if somebody points out Slash's weaknesses or mistakes. Of course in the past there were posters whom just hate Slash from their guts and you confused every poster whom criticise Slash as a Slash hater. 

I'm a GNR fan. I'm neither Axl nor Slash guy.... funnily enough, i'm more pro Slash on other boards, and i'm one of the resident Slashlites over there....

On a side note, you don't dictate that what could i do or not do... never, ever

Longtime posters whom aren't biased knows that Slash is a liar. Canter is one of Slash's chilhood friends, yet he said Slash lied to look "cool"...there's plenty of older interviews with Slash  that confirms this

I belive i do not have to link those interviews and clogging up a thread because of a side note thought to prove or back up my "insult"

Btw everybody lies

Do not get offended, because Slash was a liar, in fact he even denied the reunion a few months ago....

end of off topic discussion

Edited by Strange Broue