Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I don't think it is so hard to understand why people are skeptical

It's not, but when reliable people are telling you it's reliable information from a reliable source - it's time to accept it and move on to discussing how weird Izzy Stradlin is when he tweets. :lol:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

It's not, but when reliable people are telling you it's reliable information from a reliable source - it's time to accept it and move on to discussing how weird Izzy Stradlin is when he tweets. :lol:

This, If it wasn't Izzy we would know by now.

I think it's hard for some folks to accept that he's not involved in the upcoming gigs.

2 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

This, If it wasn't Izzy we would know by now.

I think it's hard for some folks to accept that he's not involved in the upcoming gigs.

I think that we have seen so many fake Izzy accounts and fake Izzy interviews over the years that people's default reaction is, oh must be another fake :)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Nobody can control how people feel and what they think. With the amount of rumors going around all the time and with fake stuff posted everywhere you can't blame people for being skeptical. People wanting to know more about it and from more than one source before accepting that the information is 100% true it shouldn't be that surprising.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

Nobody can control how people feel and what they think. With the amount of rumors going around all the time and with fake stuff posted everywhere you can't blame people for being skeptical. People wanting to know more about it and from more than one source before accepting that the information is 100% true it shouldn't be that surprising.

It is surprising when the source has a long, detailed, public history of providing 100% accurate information about Izzy. 

He even went out of his way to seek further proof because you all made him doubt himself.

2 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

It is surprising when the source has a long, detailed, public history of providing 100% accurate information about Izzy. 

He even went out of his way to seek further proof because you all made him doubt himself.

Look if we would've just gotten some email or statement from Izzy sent to his friend or Duff that wouldn't be any surpise. But we have Izzy the most unthinkable source giving us direct information from a twitter account. That's a whole new ball game. On top of that we have the miscomunication issue with the RS magazine assistant editor.

11 hours ago, emybdc said:

yeah, cause Axl is the most sensible motherfucker there is.
Perhaps you've missed out on this tweet by Mr. Rose when Slash said something about a reunion back in 2011:  "Contrary to anyone's claims there are no concrete plans, nor were there ever for a tour and certainly not to replace anyone in the band, beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals without any real foundation."
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/54873#zOxihilr7AFE9xDy.99

That's pretty much what Izzy said on his profile.

And you gotta understand, Izzy isn't that public of a figure as Axl is. He wouldn't get a verified account on the day he joined. I'm not even sure he knows what that is and how to get one.

My doubts really have nothing to do with what "Izzy" said regarding GNR. It's very plausible, no reason to doubt it. My doubts are related to the other twits - the yo soy Axl Rose, the Lincoln twit, the deleted twits to the RS editor, the lack of phone call or email to the RS editor and all the other bullshit. And the simple fact that it's very easy for Stradlin to confirm his identity in a way that leaves no doubt to anyone, so I don't see a reason why he would dedicate his time to proving his identity to a fan when obviously a fan will never have the authority of a public person, a journalist or an official media outlet.

These are the resons I doubt this is Izzy, not the content of his first twit. If he's not involved in the April gigs, I am not surpirsed. After all noone related to the band has ever suggested he would be. And I can see a million reasons why these negotiations could fail. First would be Izzy's history - he backed out from projects many times before. Second - Izzy might not want to be a hired hand and the three may not want to get Izzy into the partnership knowing he will not dedicate himself to this project half as much as they do. Plus Izzy is a recluse and a weirdo and I don't much see him being a reliable touring musician. If there are only single appearances at stake, there's always a possibility Izzy asked too much money or stated some conditions the band finds impossible to fulfill - he's done it before. Izzy's lack of involvement is a very serious possibility, maybe even more likely than his involvment so it's not what this all about.

11 minutes ago, slash97 said:

Same here. This seems just way too fishy.

I was just saying this to @downliner last night, but no one here is saying everyone has to believe this is Izzy. We're just saying that we believe it is because of the means through which it was verified. 

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Don't you think that if the twitter account is real it should be confirmed by now?

True and when he supposedly knows that fans have a doubt about it, then he should make video or should clarify it some other way. Hell even Steven Adler's profile is verified. 

13 hours ago, Asia said:

Axl never tried to make himself credible in that way, though. Guess why? Because it's ridiculous. There's plenty other sensible ways to do it and that's how he went about it. That's also what Izzy would do if it was Izzy.

You could be right. 

Obviously your personal relationship and friendship with Izzy means that you have a more firm grip on his actions than I do. 

I don't know the man. So I'm taking this entire thing at face value and not assuming what he "would" or "should do."

You and a couple others clearly have a deep long time friendship with him, so you known more about how he would use Twitter. 

I was really hoping this account was fake. Mainly just for the songwriting part of it. But it is going to be funny as hell if it turns out to be true. A couple of you are so adamant about it not being him that, it's kind of odd to watch how forcefully you are judging all of this.  

Of course, some posters actually think the Eddy Money acount is really the singer Eddy Money  

@SoulMonster thank you for filling this topic with logic and common sense. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

True and when he supposedly knows that fans have a doubt about it, then he should make video or should clarify it some other way. Hell even Steven Adler's profile is verified. 

Honestly, if I were Izzy I'd just keep fucking with people. He initially reached out to Will to gain awareness for his twitter account and that's what he's getting.

I mean that in a good way btw, not in a shitty "Izzy's just trying to get attention!" type of way.

32 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

But why "should" he make a video. Again, if Jarmo told Axl he needed to make a video to prove he was using his Twitter account - after Axl emailed and called him - Axl would tell jarmo to go fuck a horse. 

Izzy doesn't have to prove anything to us. It's a Twitter account for pete's sakes, not a paternity suit. 

Most normal people wouldn't take the extra steps you guys are demanding. Maybe Izzy doesn't really give a rat's ass about all of this. Maybe he just wanted to get ahold or a dude at RS, wanted to clear up a GnR rumor, and thought a Twitter account would be fun and easy. Minutes later he went on with his life. And unlike us, he doesn't keep his nose glued on his phone checking Facebook and Twitter and this forum. 

So all the conspiracy theories - well he posted and hour ago and didn't respond yet!!!!!! That proves it is a fake account. Seriously? Maybe he went and rode dirt bikes, then jammed in his studio, ate some dinner with friends, brought home a hot chick from the restaurant and banged her, and then went to sleep. Not one point during enjoying his life did the FIFTY year old guy stop and say "holy shit, I haven't checked my Twitter account for three hours. I better stop enjoying life with real people and go post on Twitter."

Some of you are reaching way too far. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

1. Nope. You had this debate over and over, plenty of proof was provided, even Canter admitted it but you turned a blind eye or play stupid on all occasions. Arguing with you is pointless because you are here since 2003 just to fuck shit up

2. Yeah, you're an Axl guy, right... but you always gets offended if somebody points out Slash's weaknesses or mistakes. Of course in the past there were posters whom just hate Slash from their guts and you confused every poster whom criticise Slash as a Slash hater. 

I'm a GNR fan. I'm neither Axl nor Slash guy.... funnily enough, i'm more pro Slash on other boards, and i'm one of the resident Slashlites over there....

On a side note, you don't dictate that what could i do or not do... never, ever

Longtime posters whom aren't biased knows that Slash is a liar. Canter is one of Slash's chilhood friends, yet he said Slash lied to look "cool"...there's plenty of older interviews with Slash  that confirms this

I belive i do not have to link those interviews and clogging up a thread because of a side note thought to prove or back up my "insult"

Btw everybody lies

Do not get offended, because Slash was a liar, in fact he even denied the reunion a few months ago....

end of off topic discussion

Again......can you post ONE instance of "Slash being a well known liar" besides what Canter said. 

You've responded four times about this but still haven't mentioned ONE shred of evidence to back your character assassination of a band member. Not one. 

Cool. You don't like me. I'm here to "fuck shit up" whatever that means. You think Canter was right. Anything else that shows that Slash is a well known liar? Anything at all?

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

But why "should" he make a video. Again, if Jarmo told Izzy he needed to make a video to prove he was using his Twitter account - after Axl emailed and called him - Axl would tell jarmo to go fuck a horse. 

Izzy doesn't have to prove anything to us. It's a Twitter account for pete's sakes, not a paternity suit. 

Most normal people wouldn't take the extra steps you guys are demanding. Maybe Izzy doesn't really give a rat's ass about all of this. Maybe he just wanted to get ahold or a dude at RS, wanted to clear up a GnR rumor, and thought a Twitter account would be fun and easy. Minutes later he went on with his life. And unlike us, he doesn't keep his nose glued on his phone checking Facebook and Twitter and this forum. 

So all the conspiracy theories - well he posted and hour ago and didn't respond yet!!!!!! That proves it is a fake account. Seriously? Maybe he went and rode dirt bikes, then jammed in his studio, ate some dinner with friends, brought home a hot chick from the restaurant and banged her, and then went to sleep. Not one point during enjoying his life did the FIFTY year old guy stop and say "holy shit, I haven't checked my Twitter account for three hours. I better stop enjoying life with real people and go post on Twitter."

This...

Someone over analyzing 4 twits, clamming that is a 14 year old spanish dude/girl and calling it fake, but using words like "cupcake" and asking followers in the process is fucking annoying. They need to understand that it's fucking Izzy Stradlin, he can do/post whatever he wants in any way he wants.

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

But why "should" he make a video. Again, if Jarmo told Izzy he needed to make a video to prove he was using his Twitter account - after Axl emailed and called him - Axl would tell jarmo to go fuck a horse. 

Well wait a minute now.  You actually make quite a few good points.  However, he clearly knew his identit would be called in to question. From the get-go he did three things to try to address that:

Apparentky sent Downliner an email

Posted a heavily photo-shopped, never to be previously seen photo.

tweeted that photo to an editor at RS

its not like he was unaware going into this that validating himself was not an issue based on those three actions.  So, if it is him, he's clearly unaware that really isn't good enough for more unfamiliar fans (like myself).

However if you have knowledge of Izzy in general and are trying to impersonate him, that's what you would do...or if his email was hacked.

the most interesting part of all this is Izzy may be the only person in the world that this all goes down like this.  Other people would prove their identity a bit more strongly, but I can see Izzy saying fuck that.

i dunno I am obviously doubtful however after reading what a few long time posters like SoulMonster and Russ have said...I'm actually leaning towards this is actually Izzy.

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Honestly, if I were Izzy I'd just keep fucking with people. He initially reached out to Will to gain awareness for his twitter account and that's what he's getting.

I mean that in a good way btw, not in a shitty "Izzy's just trying to get attention!" type of way.

The logic and common sense is strong with this poster. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

This...

Someone over analyzing 4 twits, clamming that is a 14 year old spanish dude/girl and calling it fake, but using words like "cupcake" and asking followers in the process is fucking annoying. They need to understand that it's fucking Izzy Stradlin, he can do/post whatever he wants in any way he wants.

??????????