Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

PLEASE no one ever consider going to any address presumed to be Izzys, or any other past or present member GNR for that matter. 

Agreed! No one is to go to Izzy's house, unless they are a really big fan! AND accompanied by Russ... err... Um

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

1. Nope. You had this debate over and over, plenty of proof was provided, even Canter admitted it but you turned a blind eye or play stupid on all occasions. Arguing with you is pointless because you are here since 2003 just to fuck shit up

2. Yeah, you're an Axl guy, right... but you always gets offended if somebody points out Slash's weaknesses or mistakes. Of course in the past there were posters whom just hate Slash from their guts and you confused every poster whom criticise Slash as a Slash hater. 

I'm a GNR fan. I'm neither Axl nor Slash guy.... funnily enough, i'm more pro Slash on other boards, and i'm one of the resident Slashlites over there....

On a side note, you don't dictate that what could i do or not do... never, ever

Longtime posters whom aren't biased knows that Slash is a liar. Canter is one of Slash's chilhood friends, yet he said Slash lied to look "cool"...there's plenty of older interviews with Slash  that confirms this

I belive i do not have to link those interviews and clogging up a thread because of a side note thought to prove or back up my "insult"

Btw everybody lies

Do not get offended, because Slash was a liar, in fact he even denied the reunion a few months ago....

end of off topic discussion

Get this shit outta here and in the proper thread.....

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Get this shit outta here and in the proper thread.....

yeah, and you really thought that quoting my post will help the situation :lol:

Like i said: end of off topic discussion...

But it will be deleted soon, don't worry

But i have the right to defend my POV as much as Apollo

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

yeah, and you really thought that quoting my post will help the situation :lol:

Like i said: end of off topic discussion...

But it will be deleted soon, don't worry

But i have the right to defend my POV as much as Apollo

Not gonna be deleted. You guys both made your points and it seems to have run its course. On top of that, this thread in general seems to have done so as well lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paranoyd androyd said:

the band can't write good music without both Izzy and Arkeen

Izzy was a big contributor for sure.

These are some that were written without Izzy:

Breakdown
Civil War
Coma
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
Estranged
Garden Of Eden
Locomotive
November Rain

I think they've proven themselves as competent writers. I consider the above good music.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2016 at 1:05 AM, SlashElvisTCB said:

Man the way you guys will take bait and run with it :lol:. I ain't believing shit until those concerts come up and we see the line up.

Also, if this is really Izzy (probably IS him), why the heck would he update us on something he isn't even involved in? Food for thought, we're no closer or further behind in news than we were prior to "his" coming out on Twitter.

Ask yourself these questions

Why didn't he start a Twitter months/years ago?

Why would he invite himself to be nagged by fans NOW by denying his involvement in recording or performing?

Why would HE feel like he should be the conduit for which to give news about a band he's not playing with?

Its smoke and mirrors, he obviously wants to build suspense by making an account somebody can follow...otherwise he'd have put a message out on a fan site or his official site if he even has one. If it IS 100% Izzy then he is Honey Dicking the shit out of us.

there is one simple answer for all your questions

Izzy hates the press and hates giving interviews

By creating this account and saying he aint involved, he probably has taken a zillion journalists off his back

1 hour ago, downliner said:

IzzyStradlin999 is the only account fans should follow :)

P.s - Not reading 25 pages to catch up lol. Nothings changed. Thanks to all those who know I'm honest. P.S To avoid any confusion "downliner" "Will" and "chopaway" etc are all me, just different usernames between twitter, here and gnr evo.

What he said. 

4 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Breakdown
Civil War
Coma
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
Estranged
Garden Of Eden
Locomotive
November Rain

I think they've proven themselves as competent writers. I consider the above good music.

Definitely think new music without Izzy would be good, in fact CD was a very good album, just too delayed & too much collaboration over too long. i.e. Madagascar on that album surely was recorded in early 2000's compared to say Shackler's. Having said that, without Izzy's writing there would be no GNR as what we love today. I still think he will collaborate at some point with Axl/Slash for new music if he hasn't already.

4 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Breakdown
Civil War
Coma
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
Estranged
Garden Of Eden
Locomotive
November Rain

Definitely think new music without Izzy would be good, in fact CD was a very good album, just too delayed & too much collaboration over too long. i.e. Madagascar on that album surely was recorded in early 2000's compared to say Shackler's. Having said that, without Izzy's writing there would be no GNR as what we love today. I still think he will collaborate at some point with Axl/Slash for new music if he hasn't already.

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Breakdown
Civil War
Coma
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
Estranged
Garden Of Eden
Locomotive
November Rain

i am nearly 100% sure that Slash mentions in his book how he and Izzy wrote Locomotive while they were both stoned or something very much like that

i am sure someone on this forum can confirm that

3 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i am nearly 100% sure that Slash mentions in his book how he and Izzy wrote Locomotive while they were both stoned or something very much like that

I think that was Mr Brownstone

3 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Not sure, will check the book out tonight again!! What about Back off? Great track written early with Tobias but good chance Izzy was part of that as it was 83/84?

8 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

It might be.

Izzy is neither credited or playing on the track though.

18 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Breakdown
Civil War
Coma
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
Estranged
Garden Of Eden
Locomotive
November Rain

a few good tunes in there, but i personally much rather have AFD sound than ensemble music.

5 minutes ago, KinseyHolley said:

I have to admit I was cringing at some of those tweets. Who knew middle aged Izzy could be  a dork???

I find it really odd he wouldn't participate, unless it's a money thing in which case screw the other three.

Why would it be odd though?  When was the last time Izzy toured with Guns?

3 minutes ago, downliner said:

Hope it's okay to post this here:

I started a poll on Twitter and interested to see how this one turns out :headbang:

At this point I think its fair to say most people believe. Huge doubter here ("Hi, I'm gunsfanoldie, and I was an Izzy doubter...") but I did always believe you. I never went with the insane theories you were perpetrating all of this. But your support in addition to now Andy Greene being more open to it has shifted the tables to be "more real than fake" as opposed to them, no offense, being "more fake than real" last night. Unless Andy Greene says otherwise, I believe its him and really do thank you for all the info you provided in the face of a lot of doubt.

6 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Why would it be odd though?  When was the last time Izzy toured with Guns?

About the same time Slash and Duff toured with Guns :lol:. I can understand it being Izzy's decision, but it would be hard for me to believe he wasn't asked. NO ONE in all this time between Slash, Axl and Duff said "what about Izzy"? No, I would have to believe he was asked as its just too glaring a question, which makes the only odd thing Izzy's reasoning. If its his desire to be out of the spotlight, I get it and that perfectly falls in line with what we've heard about the guy. The whole "at this point" was what kind of confused me, cause I'm not sure what he feels could change his mind..

4 minutes ago, izzy92 said:

Clearly bullshit! You mean to tell me after this entire time has passed he woke up yesterday and decided it was a good day to address the rumours? 

Thats not really what I take issue with. For what its worth, that rumor has been growing and growing and pretty much became fact recently just because no one was denying it that Izzy would be involved, at least in Vegas and probably Coachella. I find it extremely possible he JUST heard that that was becoming spread as fact and he wanted to address it as to not mislead people. The way he went about it is obviously questionable, but my calling bullshit wouldn't have been about him just deciding to do that. It would really be the reaching out to a reporter, and kind of the Youtube thing unless he for some reason wanted to talk "to Youtube" and tell them how funny that video is that struck me as bullshit/most odd.