Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

If it's Izzy's account, which I think it is, it's obvious he's having some fun with it....the avocado reference and IMO the way he worded his "non" involvement makes it seem like he really is involved in at least some capacity....and probably getting a rise out of people....in a fun way. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I was just saying this to @downliner last night, but no one here is saying everyone has to believe this is Izzy. We're just saying that we believe it is because of the means through which it was verified. 

I get that, and I can understand if you and the other admins believe it's Izzy. I was just expressing my personal doubt that it's him and that I need more prove from Greene or Twitter etc. to believe it.

• Like 1

I don't know how Twitter verification works. I'm shocked though that people HERE haven't gotten in contact to investigate this Twitter's validity. Like, I just feel some people are so interested in finding out whether its real, can't you lead Twitter to the source and have them get to the bottom of it? I doubt they'd be on the look out for verifying an Izzy Stradlin Twitter without a little nudge. Just to speed this process along, for those of you that don't believe it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Why would it be odd though?  When was the last time Izzy toured with Guns?

No, you're right he hasn't toured in 10 years I don't think, but he's guests with Axl in the past few years and he's worked with Duff this year and he's repeatedly said he'd be interested in a reunion. He wanted to do HOF, remember. I just find it wierd.

Like someone up thread said he's not trying to contact Greene becauae he's happy. I just wonder if he's getting fucked around. 

Wish he'd get someone to tweet for him like Keith Richards does. "The OFFICIAL Keith Richards twitter account! But Keith doesn't tweet, dig?" 

Edited by KinseyHolley

3 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I don't know how Twitter verification works. I'm shocked though that people HERE haven't gotten in contact to investigate this Twitter's validity. Like, I just feel some people are so interested in finding out whether its real, can't you lead Twitter to the source and have them get to the bottom of it? I doubt they'd be on the look out for verifying an Izzy Stradlin Twitter without a little nudge. Just to speed this process along, for those of you that don't believe it.

I believe the person has to contact Twitter, who will then see if they fit the criteria for verification.

Just now, Juventino said:

I believe the person has to contact Twitter, who will then see if they fit the criteria for verification.

Doesn't surprise me but couldn't people ask Twitter to be like "hey, this guy is saying he's the real deal. Can you get in touch with him, as he might not know how to get in touch with you, and see what the real story is?" Again, I don't know how Twitter works, but just saying for those that still don't believe it seems like they should be doing everything they can to get some proof. Forcing Twitter's hand or at least bringing it to their attention would be a nice start.

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Doesn't surprise me but couldn't people ask Twitter to be like "hey, this guy is saying he's the real deal. Can you get in touch with him, as he might not know how to get in touch with you, and see what the real story is?" Again, I don't know how Twitter works, but just saying for those that still don't believe it seems like they should be doing everything they can to get some proof. Forcing Twitter's hand or at least bringing it to their attention would be a nice start.

This is what Twitter says about it: https://support.twitter.com/articles/119135#

21 minutes ago, Juventino said:

This is what Twitter says about it: https://support.twitter.com/articles/119135#

Interesting. Well I don't understand how maybe in the future they will contact him if they also seem to ignore outside people asking about that account. Contact him now when outside sources are telling you to investigate this. But whatever. I guess MAYBE, in the future, at some point, if Izzy doesn't contact them (which I doubt he does), Twitter will contact him and we'll get the whole thing verified. See everyone in 2021!

• Like 1

Just now, Billsfan said:

Someone should report his Twitter then he'll have to prove its him!

I was just going to say this, I din't report it cause I go by the name Slash Stradlin lol, so before they suspend him, they would suspend me first lol, but well im not trying to pose as a GNR member. 

There are many fakes out there, but it would be better to report, if its actually real, then twitter will verify it and give that Blue Tick thingi. 

21 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Someone should report his Twitter then he'll have to prove its him!

Well, if this is a hacker who is able to fool downliner, I am sure he will fool twitter, too. Unless they ask for a blood sample, that is. I man, this alleged hacker already got Izzy's real email account and can imperosnate him on the phone.

I am leaning more and more towards the theory that Izzy just tweeted Andy to inform RS about his denial of being part of the new lineup. It wasn't to ask for an interview, it was just to say, "Hey! Look at these tweets of mine. I am not involved in the upcoming gigs," and then expecting RS would report on it. If this is correct then I see no particular reason why Izzy would contact Andy again - he has already done what he set out to do. Unless to verify it is really him.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I am leaning more and more towards the theory that Izzy just tweeted Andy to inform RS about his denial of being part of the new lineup. It wasn't to ask for an interview, it was just to say, "Hey! Look at these tweets of mine. I am not involved in the upcoming gigs," and then expecting RS would report on it. If this is correct then I see no particular reason why Izzy would contact Andy again - he has already done what he set out to do. Unless to verify it is really him.

Your theories are more vague than mine. 

You know what, i wouldn't be surprised if he isn't involved. Maybe an appearance or two. But if you think about it, we shouldn't think of this as a full on reunion. While that wouldn't be a problem anymore, we shouldn't think of it in that way. If you think about it, Tommy left, Duff replaced him. Bumblefoot & Ashba left, Slash replaced them. Frank & Fortus keep their places I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I generally agree with that...although he did tweet his picture at Andy, but I think his intent was to just get his attention so RS would see what he wanted to say.