Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

4 hours ago, GNRSkidRow1 said:

Did he do the intro? And did he leave Bumblefoot and go back to being Duff's tech?

He is Duff's tech.  He was there.  We were crossing the street after the show the same time as he was so we talked for a minute.  I told him to thank the guys, I didn't think I'd ever see this again.  He said he'd been waiting over 20 years for it.  I asked him if he thought they had fun and he said he did and that they had been having a lot of fun the last couple of days at practice.  Then he was gone, so no more info.  He and Richard's techs were right on our left at the show and they were crazy busy.  I saw Richard's tech tune his white Gretsch 4 different times before it even stared.  I don't know if he was nervous about the sound or what, but he kept doing his other guitars and then redoing that one. 

Edited by jnine
spelling
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I think that's just it. When Slash and Duff entered the picture I'm sure they both didn't feel it was their place to tell Axl to start firing his guys and call up the old ones. Ticket sales thus far have proven that Axl, Slash, and Duff alone can fill stadiums so if they've got a solid, reliable line-up in place then I don't see Slash or Duff having much to complain about. I'm sure Slash gets on with Richard fine and Duff was quite complimentary to all of them so he probably couldn't care less. Sure, it'd be a bonus to have Steven and Izzy around but if the compromise of having Slash and Duff back is keeping Richard and Frank, then I won't complain. Pitman's gone too, so that's a bonus.

Here is another thought..

After they tour North America and Europe.. everyone who wanted to see Axl and Slash together will have had their chance and they won't be able to get away with charging quite so much if they choose to go another round in a year or two... that would be the time they could consider bringing in the original lineup.. because from a business standpoint.. its brilliant.

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Just a year later he was back to talking shit about Axl:

"Axl is so jealous of our band," Sorum told Rolling Stone, adding that his encounter with the singer at a New York party ended up being friendly. "Even though he's going out with his GUNS N' ROSES fucking bullshit, he's just fucking jealous and he's trying to tear us down. Fuckin' Slash is out playing rock 'n' roll and he [Axl] don't like it. It's sad."

Article is from Blabbermouth, but I can't get links to work on here anymore. Article's name is: Velvet Revolver's Matt Sorum: Axl Rose is so jealous of our band

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/velvet-revolver-s-matt-sorum-axl-rose-is-so-jealous-of-our-band/ 

From 2007. Thank fuck Slash is back in now at least. 

So I was watching the Jungle video for the 100th time and there is clearly a guy in the audience filming (not professional) holding what looks to be a camera on a mini tripod (maybe even a Go Pro).  Clearly visible after Axl says "I wanna hear you scream".

where is this man!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Just now, tonsco said:

So I was watching the Jungle video for the 100th time and there is clearly a guy in the audience filming (not professional) holding what looks to be a camera on a mini tripod (maybe even a Go Pro).  Clearly visible after Axl says "I wanna hear you scream".

where is this man!!!!!! 

I heard Axl had someone filming the show for his own purposes.  History?  That guy was back further and then moved towards the front near the end.

28 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

A few pages back there is a pic of Duff with the bass he used in '93. It appears he visited the museum today. Is that stikk open btw?

They're taking it down tomorrow morning and they're taking it to Vegas.  They're going to have a popup shop there too with the museum for three days.

1 minute ago, jnine said:

I heard Axl had someone filming the show for his own purposes.  History?  That guy was back further and then moved towards the front near the end.

Yeah could very well be who it was then! Damn.... Clutching at straws here....

man, this is beautiful, can wait to see them live.

I rekon Axl should have done this way before. Look at the reviews, it's all forgive cos there was fucking Slash beside him. I understand now.. He would have take off a big weight on his back. So many years.. Anyway-

Cheeers, let's raise our cups one more time and long live Guns N Fucking Roses. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

Here is another thought..

After they tour North America and Europe.. everyone who wanted to see Axl and Slash together will have had their chance and they won't be able to get away with charging quite so much if they choose to go another round in a year or two... that would be the time they could consider bringing in the original lineup.. because from a business standpoint.. its brilliant.

The thought had crossed my mind. They can ensure quite a lucrative future for Guns N' Roses as a brand if they don't blow it all at once so to speak. Granted, I hope part of their plan includes new music.

3 hours ago, CardinalGunner said:

I don't think its necessarily anything against Matt or Steven that they weren't involved, so much that Frank is the GnR drummer.   There was an opening for a guitar player, Slash came back into the band..  There was an opening for a bass player, Duff came back into the band (he had one foot in the door since 2014).   Fortus and Frank have both been in the band for a long time.   

Bringing Slash and Duff back into the band doesn't automatically mean they are going to call up everyone else who used to be in the band and see if they need a job.     Just my thoughts.

This.  In every interview Axl has done over the past 20 years, he basically said he was the last one left out of the classic lineup.  G N' R didn't "break up" people left the band and he replaced them with other musicians.  That's what it's always been to Axl and it's no different now. 

That's not to say that Axl doesn't realize the magnitude of Slash and Duff coming back and what that means to fans.  But to him, this is the new incarnation of Guns N' Roses and until someone leaves or gets fired, this is the permanent lineup.  Anyone else, would be considered "guest performers". 

25 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

I don't think its necessarily anything against Matt or Steven that they weren't involved, so much that Frank is the GnR drummer.   There was an opening for a guitar player, Slash came back into the band..  There was an opening for a bass player, Duff came back into the band (he had one foot in the door since 2014).   Fortus and Frank have both been in the band for a long time.   

Bringing Slash and Duff back into the band doesn't automatically mean they are going to call up everyone else who used to be in the band and see if they need a job.     Just my thoughts.

that is a good way to look at it, it makes you wonder if this "reunion" ever would have happened if DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot, and Stinson did not quit, Axl was basically wondering who was going to fill in the open slots in his band and he figured he would give those old guys he used to work with a chance.

1 minute ago, jnine said:

My friend was there today and the guys who built it were having a meeting about how to take it down and move it.

Where in Vegas will it be?  Message me please if you have to 

Edited by Original

2 minutes ago, k12 said:

that is a good way to look at it, it makes you wonder if this "reunion" ever would have happened if DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot, and Stinson did not quit, Axl was basically wondering who was going to fill in the open slots in his band and he figured he would give those old guys he used to work with a chance.

True..

But on the other hand.. once Axl and Slash patched things up.. it was only a matter of time.   Too much money to be made. 

I'm not insisting that its all about the money.   They could have other motivations as they are all well off.     But there is no doubt from a business standpoint that both Axl and Slash are going to do better financially together than they would apart.   

4 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Oh fuck I know, It's going to be my first time seeing them too :headbang:

Also can't wait for the videos from Vegas

I saw them in the 90's and in 2010. But i think nothing would top this tour, even if it is a nostalgia one. This is fucking EPIC, and it's done right from every point of view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ceaguila said:

His drumming seems so lifeless compared to Adler and boring compared to Sorum. He adds unnecessary fills to songs and I hate the intro to Brownstone and Rocket Queen he does.

Yes. He has hes own style, its ok hes not bad I think, professional drummer.  Im in a minority for hoping Sorum would be there. But thats only because I fell in love with GNR in 1992.....sorum was the best, adler who?, Ulrich who? LOL. 

3 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

Yes. He has hes own style, its ok hes not bad I think, professional drummer.  Im in a minority for hoping Sorum would be there. But thats only because I fell in love with GNR in 1992.....sorum was the best, adler who?, Ulrich who? LOL. 

Me too, I love Sorum. I hope he had been here.

• Like 1