Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

1 minute ago, DIST said:

Axl wore a big white cowboy hat and a granny hat with a bow.

He does sound better.  

Loved it!!!

I prefer the hilarity of "campy Axl" fashion a la Use Your Illusion tour vs the mid-2000s Ed Hardy inspired stuff he had been wearing the last few years. Personal preference of course, but Axl's unintentionally ridiculous wardrobe choices are endearing to me.

But enough fashion talk, he looked great because he was clearly feeling the music and enjoying himself. That's the most important part.

• Like 1

I'm still sorting out my feelings about this. I haven't really cared about this band in any real sense for years, and a reunion was the last thing I ever expected (or particularly wanted, for that matter). So for me, it's strange to see those three guys up there playing on the same stage after all this time and all the things they've said towards each other...but the more I see it, the cooler it gets. This is truly one of those absolute fuckin' long shot things that almost never happens, so I'm glad to see where this might go from here. Here's hoping they can hit a studio and knock out some songs once this tour wraps up.

I've watched that Jungle clip about ten times now! More than anything what's standing out so far is how happy Axl looks, genuinely happy, energised, and I think the best way I can put it is unburdened. Of course not the sheer limitless force he had in his 20's (who would have), but to see anyone exuding the sheer joy of doing what they love , with the weight of those years of negativity lifted , is going to keep me smiling for a while. Happy happy days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madison said:

Was there a lot of chemistry between them - like in the old days?  Was it back?  It would be so awesome to see.

Does anyone have photos of this? The short clips didn't show much interaction between Axl and Slash.

Leah's periscope from this afternoon said that Slash hardly moved from his place on the stage and that he said nothing. With respect to Axl, she said that Axl kinda leaned on Slash's shoulder once but that was it. Overall, her impression was that Slash simply seemed 'focused'.

I'm really curious to see how this production is going to be scaled up to stadium proportions. I mean, those are some big fucking venues. 

qwest_580.jpg

Edited by Ant

1 hour ago, star said:

Axl sounds like Axl again, his voice appears to be back! - good to see Axl and Slash (and Duff) back together again. too back Adler and Izzy arn't there also.

Gives me goosebumps hearing and seeing Slash back playing in GNR. Axl sounds fucking great, I can't wait until Toronto to see them! 

11 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

Loved it!!!

I prefer the hilarity of "campy Axl" fashion a la Use Your Illusion tour vs the mid-2000s Ed Hardy inspired stuff he had been wearing the last few years. Personal preference of course, but Axl's unintentionally ridiculous wardrobe choices are endearing to me.

But enough fashion talk, he looked great because he was clearly feeling the music and enjoying himself. That's the most important part.

That plaid shirt around his waist remeniced of the kilt for a minute!

I think the football jerseys were cool...n' someone should hide those granny hats :lol: 

Just now, paranoyd androyd said:

Leah's periscope from this afternoon said that Slash hardly moved from his place on the stage and that he said nothing. With respect to Axl, she said that Axl kinda leaned on Slash's shoulder once but that was it. Overall, her impression was that Slash simply seemed 'focused'.

Yeah thats why this warm up gig is good in a way to settle the nerves. Its only going to get better you wait till they are firing in all cylinders its going to be out of this world :thumbsup:

Edited by Gibbo 27

4 minutes ago, Gibbo 27 said:

I heard its getting filmed for a Doco

Where did you hear that from?  That would be awesome if true, a documentary that details how this tour came to be

Edited by WhazUp

1 hour ago, star said:

Axl sounds like Axl again, his voice appears to be back! - good to see Axl and Slash (and Duff) back together again. too back Adler and Izzy arn't there also.

Well that's reassuring!
Nice!

33 minutes ago, Gibbo 27 said:

So thats why Adler canceled his show! Getting a back operation

I'm not so sure. Too many variables don't add up.

If Steven had been planning to have back surgery, why would he have booked a show at the Whisky in the first place?

And if it was a sudden back injury from some accident, then why wouldn't he share this on his facebook or twitter with fans? And why wouldn't they have mentioned this when the show was canceled? When the show was pulled, all they said was "The Steven Adler show is canceled. Stay tuned for a big announcement."  Don't you think they would have said - "we regret Mr. Adler will have to cancel his show at the Whisky due to a back injury" or something similar?

It's not as if Stevie doesn't like talking and sharing. Heck, the guy normally talks and shares almost too much. lol. So, this "back surgery" excuse doesn't sound right. jmo.

Edited by madison
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

1-It's So Easy
2-Mr. Brownstone
3-Chinese Democracy
4-Welcome to the Jungle
5-Double Talking Jive 
6-Live and Let Die
7-Rocket Queen
8-You Could Be Mine
9-Slash solo God Father theme
10-Sweet Child O' Mine
11-New Rose (The Damned cover)
12-Better
13-Knockin' on Heaven's Door
14-My Michelle
15-Nightrain
16-Paradise City

Remove the two Chinese turds and that is an almost perfect setlist. It is lean and mean. I love the fact there are no ballads there.

Better is not a "turd" . 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rock-it queen said:

I've watched that Jungle clip about ten times now! More than anything what's standing out so far is how happy Axl looks, genuinely happy, energised, and I think the best way I can put it is unburdened. Of course not the sheer limitless force he had in his 20's (who would have), but to see anyone exuding the sheer joy of doing what they love , with the weight of those years of negativity lifted , is going to keep me smiling for a while. Happy happy days.

Agreed.

Axl does look happy in that clip.

I've always believed the original members brought out the best in each other. They had a certain chemistry back in the day that was magical - and  I've never seen it since in other bands.  I truly believe that Slash and Duff can once again bring out the best in Axl and vice versa.

1 hour ago, DanGnRose said:

Exactly!

jesus christ people will moan about anything! 

Axl Rose n Slash have just shared a stage together! if you still find reason to complain about that, then you must think your so cool

why dont you just

FUCK OFFF!!!!!!

they better play this in Vegas I have my *BLEEP* OFF ready to go! :P:headbang::lol: