Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

11 minutes ago, DanGnRose said:

Exactly!

jesus christ people will moan about anything! 

Axl Rose n Slash have just shared a stage together! if you still find reason to complain about that, then you must think your so cool

why dont you just

FUCK OFFF!!!!!!

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Listen on quality PC stereo speakers. Sound cuts out from the recording. It's not Axl's voice.

Then delete your account and forget this band exists if it's so traumatic for you.

Mr. Sparkle - what's up?  It's great to see you again. It's been a long time.

But why are you snapping at everybody that posts a different opinion from yours?  Relax. It's all in fun.

We're all fans of the band.

I miss your sense of humor.

My main thoughts are: Axl sounded better than I expected and I'm so thankful he's not wearing a hat and doesn't have a mustache. Also dug his outfits compared to some of the terrible ones I had seen when I watched NuGuns videos. I love that he brought out his 80s skeleton jacket....he's feeling the nostalgia haha!

Slash seemed a little lethargic at times, or maybe he was just nervous? Duff of course was great. I didn't notice the new girl, so I'm not bothered or bent outta shape by her like some people. The main thing that stuck out for me was how terrible the drummer is. I guess I can only hope he develops a vibe/connection with Duff and Slash as the tour progresses, because honestly his drumming was bad to the point where it distracted me in most of the videos. I mean Matt Sorum doesn't have the same vibe that Steven Adler brought to the band but at least he had a good musical connection with Duff and Slash. We will have to wait and see I guess...

All looks TOTALY revitalized!! WOW!! I haven't seen him like that since the UYI tour. Maybe being away from these guys weighed more heavily on him than we thought. On every post UYI show I've seen up until last night, he looked either bored , irritated, out of it, or too mellow, but last night he looks like the Axl of old!

1 hour ago, cremefraiche said:

slightly off topic, and not meaning to be rude or condescending or anything but a serious question; as someone who lives outside of the States, why do crowds/people tend to just stand there at gigs in the U.S?  As opposed to like europe/australia/nz/south america

Even in big stadiums the floors are usually all seated etc it seems

They're too busy taking video and selfies. 

50 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think it's a playback recording of his live singing. Just so he doesn't have to actually sing the word twice.

Yes, it's an echo, like a guitar looper.

trent Reznor uses one a lot with a controller on his mic stand.  Axl's is being hit remotely, and he's expecting it.

christ people, Axl sings with more variance show to show, from running around to catching his breath.  How the hell could a lip sync track be a good fit with that?

it's not like Celine Dion where every night is note to note the same Broadway style perfection.

4 hours ago, Changes said:
16 minutes ago, star said:

Axl sounds like Axl again, his voice appears to be back! - good to see Axl and Slash (and Duff) back together again. too back Adler and Izzy arn't there also.

Axl sounds fucking great. I don't even get how this can even be a debate. 

1 hour ago, Carlycosmos said:

so true. 
"Not in this lifetime"
hahahaha whose idea? I wonder

I think the tour name is very clever.

It reminds me of the Eagles after they reunited and did their "hell freezes over" tour.

Likewise, we all remember Axl saying "not in this lifetime" when asked about a reunion a few short years ago. So, I think it's great - it's funny and smart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

Yes he looks a lot happier with himself. And there were people who didn't want him to reconcile with Slash. Not just in the a band, but on personal level.

Marc had been saying for years that Axl has been carrying around a lot of pain, it must be good to be rid of all that negative energy.

Marc never should have been in the middle of it. I'm sure it'll be water under the bridge. 

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Madison, since axl is making up with everyone, has he made up with you?

I don't know if he still holds a grudge or not.

I think he needs to make up with Marc Canter first.

Maybe Marc and I can approach Axl together. haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philipm787 said:

Sorry guys, posted after watching vid 10 times and noticing it 10 times, but when I thought about it, there's no way it wasn't live. Didn't mean to start a rumour, not asking for hate, I apologise 

No worries man, I just didn't want it to blow up like the last time someone on the forums started talking about lip syncing lol

6 minutes ago, madison said:

I don't know if he still holds a grudge or not.

I think he needs to make up with Marc Canter first.

Maybe Marc and I can approach Axl together. haha.

heading out to vegas or any of the other shows?

you should wear a slash t shirt...

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, madison said:

Was there a lot of chemistry between them - like in the old days?  Was it back?  It would be so awesome to see.

Does anyone have photos of this? The short clips didn't show much interaction between Axl and Slash.

This is all I've seen. It almost looked pre-planned though. :P

44 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

My main thoughts are: Axl sounded better than I expected and I'm so thankful he's not wearing a hat and doesn't have a mustache. Also dug his outfits compared to some of the terrible ones I had seen when I watched NuGuns videos. I love that he brought out his 80s skeleton jacket....he's feeling the nostalgia haha!

Slash seemed a little lethargic at times, or maybe he was just nervous? Duff of course was great. I didn't notice the new girl, so I'm not bothered or bent outta shape by her like some people. The main thing that stuck out for me was how terrible the drummer is. I guess I can only hope he develops a vibe/connection with Duff and Slash as the tour progresses, because honestly his drumming was bad to the point where it distracted me in most of the videos. I mean Matt Sorum doesn't have the same vibe that Steven Adler brought to the band but at least he had a good musical connection with Duff and Slash. We will have to wait and see I guess...

Axl wore a big white cowboy hat and a granny hat with a bow.

He does sound better.