Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

2 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

god look at how happy axl is in that jungle clip, im fucking crying 

Axl so happy Slash is back again. I always heard Him talking about Slash N' saw a video of Him chatting with Fans, tells about Slash's drunk story to Fans. N' He said He read Slash's book too...

5 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

No not alone

His drumming seems so lifeless compared to Adler and boring compared to Sorum. He adds unnecessary fills to songs and I hate the intro to Brownstone and Rocket Queen he does.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Birk said:

So whats the reason Sorum is not involved?   i mean fuck i would rather have Sorum anyday instead of Frank.  Sorum said shit about axl or something years ago?

Well there was that interview where he said (paraphrasing) "I thought I was joining a badass rock band, and I thought ,what's with the piano".

5 minutes ago, Birk said:

So whats the reason Sorum is not involved?   i mean fuck i would rather have Sorum anyday instead of Frank.  Sorum said shit about axl or something years ago?

I honestly thought Duff and Slash would never go back to GNR without Sorum, but here we are

Just now, TheSeeker said:

I honestly thought Duff and Slash would never go back to GNR without Sorum, but here we are

ya its weird.  obviously has to do with axl.  Axl obviously still runs the show.  This reunion tour is all being done on Axls terms.  Slash and Duff were always ready for it.  Just waited on Axl

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hally187 said:

Poor Frank... Axl skipped the "You're in the jungle baby" bit so the whole band had to adjust - it just took frank half a second longer to realise!

Yup - you can tell he barely realized Slash was starting the intro since Axl didn't do the full set of lines. Funny stuff but they made up big time. It's actually a bit reminiscent of when Matt screwed it up in St. Louis back in 1991. What a great snippet!

As a side note - I have to admit, Melissa's "ooh ooh" backing vocals in the chorus of Jungle are probably the best those have ever sounded live and that includes back in the day. Back in the day it was usually off key or not done at all and don't even get me started on the travesty that was Pitman's backing vocals.

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I would pay a shit ton of money to hear this lineup play Sailing, with Axl in his current top form and Slash on lead.  Holy shit

I would pay a ton of money to have them play new material. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zint said:

Well there was that interview where he said (paraphrasing) "I thought I was joining a badass rock band, and I thought ,what's with the piano".

I don't think that's the reason though.

Matt and Axl got together here in New York and mended fences after that interview. They partied together here. I remember Matt talking about it - and being happy that they had put their differences behind them.

So, something else must have happened since then. :(

Just now, madison said:

Matt and Axl got together here in New York and mended fences after that interview. They partied together here. I remember Matt talking about it - and being happy that they had put their differences behind them.

Well , not joining the reunion doesnt mean something is happened in between Them.

9 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Yup - you can tell he barely realized Slash was starting the intro since Axl didn't do the full set of lines. Funny stuff but they made up big time. It's actually a bit reminiscent of when Matt screwed it up in St. Louis back in 1991. What a great snippet!

As a side note - I have to admit, Melissa's "ooh ooh" backing vocals in the chorus of Jungle are probably the best those have ever sounded live and that includes back in the day. Back in the day it was usually off key or not done at all and don't even get me started on the travesty that was Pitman's backing vocals.

Now that you mention it, I did think the bg vocals sounded really good.

14 minutes ago, Zint said:

stupid drummers , first of the piano is an awesome instrument with plenty of room for it in rock and roll , just hit the skins and shut up . and please get rid of that drummer you have now with no feel . I am talking to you mr frank soulless whatever your last name is .

2 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

I don't think its necessarily anything against Matt or Steven that they weren't involved, so much that Frank is the GnR drummer.   There was an opening for a guitar player, Slash came back into the band..  There was an opening for a bass player, Duff came back into the band (he had one foot in the door since 2014).   Fortus and Frank have both been in the band for a long time.   

Bringing Slash and Duff back into the band doesn't automatically mean they are going to call up everyone else who used to be in the band and see if they need a job.     Just my thoughts.

I think that's just it. When Slash and Duff entered the picture I'm sure they both didn't feel it was their place to tell Axl to start firing his guys and call up the old ones. Ticket sales thus far have proven that Axl, Slash, and Duff alone can fill stadiums so if they've got a solid, reliable line-up in place then I don't see Slash or Duff having much to complain about. I'm sure Slash gets on with Richard fine and Duff was quite complimentary to all of them so he probably couldn't care less. Sure, it'd be a bonus to have Steven and Izzy around but if the compromise of having Slash and Duff back is keeping Richard and Frank, then I won't complain. Pitman's gone too, so that's a bonus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, danijel00 said:

Finally a video or photo that proves I was there.  I believe my arm is one of the stars of this video.  Seriously, an unbelievable night.  I'm still glowing and shaking.  I was up against the sub woofer in front of Duff and when they first started playing, I almost fell down from the vibration.

11 minutes ago, madison said:

Just a year later he was back to talking shit about Axl:

"Axl is so jealous of our band," Sorum told Rolling Stone, adding that his encounter with the singer at a New York party ended up being friendly. "Even though he's going out with his GUNS N' ROSES fucking bullshit, he's just fucking jealous and he's trying to tear us down. Fuckin' Slash is out playing rock 'n' roll and he [Axl] don't like it. It's sad."

Article is from Blabbermouth, but I can't get links to work on here anymore. Article's name is: Velvet Revolver's Matt Sorum: Axl Rose is so jealous of our band