Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

I really hope they reworked chinese democracy with Slash and Duff. The first Reviews are hinting in this direction.

And...i have nothing against Frank, but since Adler is injured matt would have been a logical replacement. Its also a bit strange that brains girl friend is in now and brains is out. Franks skills are definately not better than Adlers, Matts or brains...so there must be an other reason for this choice. 

Edited by maxpax

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Man! Reading this already makes Me feels excited! I can't wait for the full footage!

Some moments that I love :

- Slash jumped up on the monitor during Easy for the first time and everyone around me lost it. Slash couldnt help but smirk at our reaction.

- The band was killing it and they knew it They were all smiles and i just remember Duff looking up one point at Lenny Kravitz with a face like "yeah, we're back motherfucker!" ( F*ck Yeah, Duff!)

- At first they didnt interact too much but by the middle of the set Axl was throwing his arm on Slashs shoulder, he leaned up against his back rocking out during some solos and they exchanged a couple laughs between some songs. (Ahhhh, Bromance starts again! The feels, Man..)

-Axl lost his footing during Brownstone and ended up ripping his jeans in the crotch. During the solo he walked over to the side of the stage and pointed up at Lenny Kravitz and back down at his crotch and said "Penisgate" or somethin to that effect and they both started laughing. (Axl N' His joke :lol:)

-before the slide solo in Rocket Queen Slash did an extended talkbox solo, when he finished it Axl had a huge smile on his face and looked at us and said "you missed that, didnt you?" (Of Course!)

--Godfather Theme was awesome! Before he started it Axl said "Heres a man that needs no introduction, but gets one anyways. Ladies and Gentlemen, Slash." (LoL)

-Seeing Slash play the Sweet Child solo right up front and him and Axl doing that outro right next to each other was just insane. I remember looking back and Jim Carrey had the biggest smile on his face and i remember thinking "all is right in the world." Haha.

-before Michelle Axl and Duff were talking and into the mic Axl goes "im goin by your guys' list tonight. Im follwing your lead" Duff starts laughing and Axl goes "thats very rare for me. I mean you guys know im an agreeable kinda guy. Im like Trump, i consult with myself." Funny moment. (LoL)

-Axl starts the first sing along section and then right when he looked like he was gonna start the 2nd he kinda stopped himself and looked around the stage and said "this is the first time in 23 years us 3 have been on stage together, 1993, July i believe it was" the crowd just erupted

-another cool moment was Nightrain when they kicked into the first verse. It was "Look out" and both Axl and Slash started the foot stomp, gliding across the stage, stoping for a brief second in front of each other, and spinning off.

-During Paradise City the crowd was getting crazy and after the first chorus Axl started yellin to the crowd "you guys gotta step back people in the front are getting crushed.... (crowd didnt really move).....i said you people need to step the fuck back now!" They finally did and Axl signaled the band to keep going and he jumped into the next verse. Reminded me of somethin that would happen back in the day haha. (Kinda worried on this moment, thank God the Crowd did what Axl said)

Moments that I couldn't see on short videos that We've got

I think You/He miss the hugs moment

Just took screenshots of This. Can I post it for My tumblr?

Sorry for the long post. I just want to share My excitement with You Guys *My brother didnt understand this

Thanks dude. Yeah go for it....and yeah i forgot after Paradise before the bow Axl reached out and grabbed Slashs arm and pulled him in next to him for the bow. I didnt personally see a hug (i could have missed it) or maybe we're talking about the same thing just saw it a different way ha?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxpax said:

I really hope they reworked chinese democracy with Slash and Duff. The first Reviews are hinting in this direction.

Not really reworked persay. No long intro, just a count off and Slash ripping into the riff. Definitely stripped, raw and more punk rock sounding. Alot more space with just the two guitars. Very cool! 

Btw, the Slash/Fortus combo is killer!

2 minutes ago, ChineseIRS said:

Not really reworked persay. No long intro, just a count off and Slash ripping into the riff. Definitely stripped, raw and more punk rock sounding. Alot more space with just the two guitars. Very cool! 

Sounds very good and just what the song needed. If we don't get a video of it this time around, then I hope we get some good recordings from later in the tour. I am sure we do.

5 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Mention that so many times. Will be hurt if They play it when Slash was there. But I know Axl wouldnt do that

I wouldn't be surprised if Sorry was played. Axl claims it isn't entirely about Slash and Slash fans and the band has played other songs that could be interpreted to reference negative relationships with the band before, as in Breakdown and 14 Years.

Axl, Slash, Duff, what you've done in regards to your Troubadour warm-up show was amazing. You've given the hardcore fans in LA a chance to be part of the greatest rock'n'roll celebration ever! And all this practically for free. It was a great idea and a wonderful magic night for all the lucky ones involved.

But there are still so many of us who had no chance to be a part of it since we happen to live thousands of miles and a few oceans away. For that matter we won't be able to see you in Vegas or anywhere else during the North American tour. Any chance of attending your show is many months away for us. At the same time we have also been waiting for years to see this happen. We have been enormously excited with the Troubadour show, many of us didn't sleep at night or for many nights just to follow what was happening and be a part of that historic event in any way possible. Because you guys made so much difference in our lives, this was, for many of us, one of the most special moments ever.

The tour is about to begin and there'll be many shows you can save for all kinds of official releases, documentaries and other projects. But could you please treat this one differently and, in the spirit of this once in a lifetime celebration, just release the recording, so that we can all enjoy that special moment? This would be the best possible closure for us as regards the excitement and emotions that we all were going thorugh in the last few days. It would be a great joy and something to really get us through the waiting until we can see you in person.

I've been a fan for 25 years, the impact and influence you had in my life cannot be overestimated, the last few days were nothing but magic and there's only one thing missing... After waiting for so long I can't just see and enjoy that which I've been waiting for. It is quite a torture, I must admit. So guys, will you please let us join in the celebration by seeing the show and sinking in the atmosphere of the greatest Arpil's Fool in history?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hpantazo said:

For everyone saying Slash was too quiet, the dude has to be, because of his pacemaker:

“When the doctors put the defibrillator in me, it was for maintaining a normal heart rate. For most people this isn’t a problem, but it was for me.

“Once I get up onstage my heart rate sky-rockets. When I took the stage with Michael and got into it, I was suddenly hit in the chest by a shock and my vision flooded with electric blue light.

“This happened about four times during each song, and I had no idea what was going on.

“I thought I had a short-circuit in a guitar cable or a photographer’s flash had popped in my eyes.

“Each time it happened I had to stand there and make it look as if everything was normal. I saw it later on TV and you couldn’t tell, so I guess I pulled it off.

“It was extremely disconcerting until I figured out what was what.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/former-guns-n-roses-guitarist-241200

You can imagine that his heart rate could have easily skyrocketed during last nights show if he was not careful! 

Slash doesn't need this anymore. He has it in his heart but it's turned off, he talked about it multiple times over the years. Accident happened in 2001, he's healthy for 10 years now.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChineseIRS said:

Thanks dude. Yeah go for it....and yeah i forgot after Paradise before the bow Axl reached out and grabbed Slashs arm and pulled him in next to him for the bow. I didnt personally see a hug (i could have missed it) or maybe we're talking about the same thing just saw it a different way ha?

Thx.

That's awesome.

We will find out N' see on full footage if We could find it *somehow*

The continue of 90's hug saga

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Sorry was played. Axl claims it isn't entirely about Slash and Slash fans and the band has played other songs that could be interpreted to reference negative relationships with the band before, as in Breakdown and 14 Years.

The link?

Isnt entirely doesnt mean It didnt talk about Slash

25 minutes ago, ChineseIRS said:

Can you describe Slash's take on the solo? Fast? Slow?

19 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

@ChineseIRS I'm crying.  Thank you very much for that review.  You, sir, are the best.

I lost it at "Slash did a talk box solo during Rocket Queen and Axl said "you missed that, didn't you?""

:cry:

Thanks man! Dont feel bad, i lost it many times last night! Ha.

Edited by ChineseIRS

6 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

The link?

Axl: I tried sending this ages ago but apparently it never went through. It was a direct response but now fits others questions on the same subject.
The whole whose it about bit w/songs doesn't work for me that much as in whether a line or whatever was inspired by a particular person or situation doesn't mean that in the end that's what or who the song's about. 
I could be working with clay and think of someone or something and somehow that could inspire me to take the work in a different direction at the moment but in the end it could just be a nice vase. 
I often wonder where the people who inspired so many songs are now and why it's only important with some songs such as Layla as opposed to others. I'm guessin' a fair # of beautiful love songs or otherwise were inspired by some that the artists and public might consider now or in hindsight to be the opposite of how they are depicted or allegedly represented. 
With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.
For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe. 
Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable.

The source was actually on chinesedemocracy.com, but I don't have the direct link.

6 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

The link?

Sure, but as I said, the band has not been aversive to playing songs that may be interpreted to reflect problems within the band and between members.

Here is what Axl said on the issue of Sorry:

The whole whose it about bit w/songs doesn't work for me that much as in whether a line or whatever was inspired by a particular person or situation doesn't mean that in the end that's what or who the song's about. I could be working with clay and think of someone or something and somehow that could inspire me to take the work in a different direction at the moment but in the end it could just be a nice vase. I often wonder where the people who inspired so many songs are now and why it's only important with some songs such as Layla as opposed to others. I'm guessin' a fair # of beautiful love songs or otherwise were inspired by some that the artists and public might consider now or in hindsight to be the opposite of how they are depicted or allegedly represented. With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.
For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe. Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable.

5 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Axl: I tried sending this ages ago but apparently it never went through. It was a direct response but now fits others questions on the same subject.
The whole whose it about bit w/songs doesn't work for me that much as in whether a line or whatever was inspired by a particular person or situation doesn't mean that in the end that's what or who the song's about. 
I could be working with clay and think of someone or something and somehow that could inspire me to take the work in a different direction at the moment but in the end it could just be a nice vase. 
I often wonder where the people who inspired so many songs are now and why it's only important with some songs such as Layla as opposed to others. I'm guessin' a fair # of beautiful love songs or otherwise were inspired by some that the artists and public might consider now or in hindsight to be the opposite of how they are depicted or allegedly represented. 
With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.
For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe. 
Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable.

The source was actually on chinesedemocracy.com, but I don't have the direct link.

Thx. 

Layla?

10 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Can you describe Slash's take on the solo? Fast? Slow?

I cant remember it exactly, but it was definitely on the faster side. I remember just watching his fingers and really liking what he did. It was very Slash, and he just picks the right notes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChineseIRS said:

Btw if anyone has any questions about the show that your wondering about or i didnt go into in my review feel free to ask and ill do my best to answer! 

In which version was Knockin On Heavens Door? who did play the Intro? Richard or Slash?

and who did the slide solo in Rocket Queen? Richard or Slash

Thank you very much for all your answers

Edited by t-p-d-a