Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

1 hour ago, rudolf1978 said:

Someone who attended to the show.......................Roquet queen was sung with mickey mouse voice or full rasp voice??? i think its very important! 

I don't know about RQ, but during Fede's stream, on YCBM i heard the "and I'll rip your heart in two" louder than the two previous sentences, that happened back in 2010

7 hours ago, ChineseIRS said:

Posted this in the review thread as well:

Okay just got home from work...idk how well written this will be, still cant really find the words to grasp how amazing this night was...to start the vibe was just really positive all around. The security was letting us drink outside the venue waiting for the doors to open. All they said was if the sheriffs come by just get rid of it so we dont get in trouble ha. Inside the venue the place just buzzing, it was electric. I ended up getting front row on Slashs side right in front of the monitor. Doors opened a little after 10pm and the lights when down a little before midnight. No intro (which i totally thought it was gonna be McBob) Slash walked out first and everybody followed, crowd erupted and Duff launched into Its So Easy. And from there the band didnt stop firing. Slash jumped up on the monitor during Easy for the first time and everyone around me lost it. Slash couldnt help but smirk at our reaction. The band was killing it and they knew it. They were all smiles and i just remember Duff looking up one point at Lenny Kravitz with a face like "yeah, we're back motherfucker!"

Axl sounded the best he has since 2010. He had the fire in his belly and that look in his eye. Rasp was everywhere to be seen. The song i paid most attention to vocally was YCBM cuz i know thats one he hasnt done good on for the last 5 years and he nailed it. He slayed the "breakin down my back" section! He was in a great mood and was definitely slimmer than he has been and he was not out of breath. Slash was very focused but he was rocking out for sure. To see him rocking out HARD to the chorus of Better was so surreal! It was just mindblowing to see him playing these songs and standing on stage next to Axl, i really couldnt believe it at some points. He was in top form and nailed every solo. At first they didnt interact too much but by the middle of the set Axl was throwing his arm on Slashs shoulder, he leaned up against his back rocking out during some solos and they exchanged a couple laughs between some songs.

As the setlist is out there, here is some highlights that stood out.

-Axl lost his footing during Brownstone and ended up ripping his jeans in the crotch. During the solo he walked over to the side of the stage and pointed up at Lenny Kravitz and back down at his crotch and said "Penisgate" or somethin to that effect and they both started laughing.

-Frank started a long countoff on the hihat and Slash launched into the Chinese Demoracry riff. I was like no way are they fucking playing this right now. It was very raw and punk rock sounding. It was pretty awesome and Slashs spin on the solo was great.

-Double Talkin' Jive!! Holy fuck was it awesome to hear that live. The band killed it and Axl sounded mean!!! He did the "i got...lies" part just like he sounded on the record.

-before the slide solo in Rocket Queen Slash did an extended talkbox solo, when he finished it Axl had a huge smile on his face and looked at us and said "you missed that, didnt you?"

-Godfather Theme was awesome! Before he started it Axl said "Heres a man that needs no introduction, but gets one anyways. Ladies and Gentlemen, Slash."

-Seeing Slash play the Sweet Child solo right up front and him and Axl doing that outro right next to each other was just insane. I remember looking back and Jim Carrey had the biggest smile on his face and i remember thinking "all is right in the world." Haha.

-Better had a whole new intro. It was this really heavy riff that just kept building and we're in the crowd goin holy shit theyre playing a new song. The riff kept building until it somehow came to a crash with Duff starting "no one ever told me when..." It was epic and strange seeing Slash completely rocking out in the chorus. Again he did a killer solo and did a cool slide part in the last verse. Again Axl slayed the "i never wanted you to be so full of anger" section.

-before Michelle Axl and Duff were talking and into the mic Axl goes "im goin by your guys' list tonight. Im follwing your lead" Duff starts laughing and Axl goes "thats very rare for me. I mean you guys know im an agreeable kinda guy. Im like Trump, i consult with myself." Funny moment.

-Heavens Door was probably the most special moment of the show. Axl starts the first sing along section and then right when he looked like he was gonna start the 2nd he kinda stopped himself and looked around the stage and said "this is the first time in 23 years us 3 have been on stage together, 1993, July i believe it was" the crowd just erupted. He did another sing along section and after that one he said "we worked very hard with the city to make this show happen, and we worked hard with the sheriffs and that in itself took 24 years" and laughed. It was amazing to see him almost taken back and acknowledging the magnitude of the night. 

-another cool moment was Nightrain when they kicked into the first verse. It was "Look out" and both Axl and Slash started the foot stomp, gliding across the stage, stoping for a brief second in front of each other, and spinning off. It was bad ass!

-During Paradise City the crowd was getting crazy and after the first chorus Axl started yellin to the crowd "you guys gotta step back people in the front are getting crushed.... (crowd didnt really move).....i said you people need to step the fuck back now!" They finally did and Axl signaled the band to keep going and he jumped into the next verse. Reminded me of somethin that would happen back in the day haha.

Im probably missing a bunch of stuff and its really hard to convey my emotions throughout the night. But this show will go down as the best show i have ever seen in my life. Just to see the first time Axl and Slash back together and have it be in such an important club to the bands history and to be right up front is just magical. I truly feel so lucky to have witnessed it. Im so looking forward to Vegas next weekend! See you guys there! You will not be dissapointed!!!

And for celebrities i saw: Lenny Kravitz, Kate Hudson, Nic Cage, Jim Carrey, Andrew Dice Clay, Dave Kushner, John 5, Colin Hanks, Norman Reedus, Sean Kinney, Bubbles, Bradley Cooper, the sports guy in Anchorman. Im sure there was way more, hard to make out everyone in the VIP section.

Thank you so much for this. Really enjoyed reading your review!

Trying my best to avoid videos and most pictures to save myself some of the excitement for the 5,000 mile trip to Vegas but this has just poured gasoline on the flames of excitement for me!

• Like 1

How fucking cool is it that this band is back and kicking ass- Some of the clips sound amazing - love the reviews- some questions I have I hope somebody that was there can help with- How long was the Jam for DTTJ- The Godfather how long was it ? Axl seem's to really be happy in the videos and I love that - did he do any rants on anybody ? Did Slash and Richard have any moments together? 

9 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Alright guys, abot the periscope videos, this is what I have, part 3 is cut on the half https://mega.nz/#F!AZF1CbYC!mdSJjWu3uy5nh6z0ePZcvA

Gibbo, help me uploading full part 3 and anything else you have

I didnt bother with them videos mate just the youtube ones. I have heard its getting released at some stage 

4 minutes ago, supercool said:

if it's not a reunion, does it make sense to play at the troubadour as if it was the 1986 band coming back where it all started ?

not really.

I think there is still some sense to it. It is still where the band started, even if that entire band wasn't present. I do hope, though, that they actually tried to have Steven and Izzy there, too, but that for whatever reasons it failed. At least I like to think so.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I think there is still some sense to it. It is still where the band started, even if that entire band wasn't present. I do hope, though, that they actually tried to have Steven and Izzy there, too, but that for whatever reasons it failed. At least I like to think so.

Adlers back stuffed hes getting a op

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

imo it's just marketing strategy. but when you look closer, nothing makes sense.

money talks.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, I read it. That could easily be the only reason he wasn't there.

Thats why he canceled his gig well that what i heard from a good source

Edited by Gibbo 27

3 minutes ago, supercool said:

they're playing with our feelings, with the nostalgia thing... in order to get our money.

but they won't get mine unless it's the original 5.

In 92, you wouldn't see UYI tour as well, i supose.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NTONIUS said:

Hey i jus checked the 3 fede on periscope vids. All i see it someone staring at troubadour from across the street for hrs...

If you put it loud you can hear a bit, specially when the door gets open, for example, mr brownstone has good sound

Edited by fanfzero

32 minutes ago, Asia said:

As far as I'm cocnerned they can release this whole thing without any particular editing for 50 bucks and I'll buy it on the spot. I'll be happy and they'll be happy and even richer...

even with remastering, it shouldn't take more than few days.

AFAIK remastering is fine if they:
1. cleanup a channel here and there, amplify something, remove the noise - YES
2. re-record or add the audience - NO

excellent example on remastering job IMO, Brussels Affair, and that entire bunch of "official bootlegs" (Hampton, Brussels, Tokyo):
[there is a video on a site too, Keith talking about small warmup gigs such as this one...]

2 minutes ago, supercool said:

they're playing with our feelings, with the nostalgia thing... in order to get our money.

but they won't get mine unless it's the original 5.

get outta here with dat butthurt. this is the same 3 guys that ran the UYI tour. get over it because you wont see the original 5 except for maybe a couple shows, because if Izzy wanted to be a full part of this, he would have been already.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

get outta here with dat butthurt. this is the same 3 guys that ran the UYI tour. get over it because you wont see the original 5 except for maybe a couple shows, because if Izzy wanted to be a full part of this, he would have been already.

this is the same guy that puts in his signature: "no slash, no gnr"

now we have slash and he wants the original 5.

haters gonna hate

• Like 2

i like frank.  i like him a hell of alot more than sorum and steven.  he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't come off like an arrogant tool (sorum) and to my knowledge doesn't have a severe drug problem that would challenge his reliability (steven)........he seems to have a good relationship with axl.  this thing has a much better chance of staying together long term with frank than with the other options......just my opinion.

• Like 3