Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i would say that sorum did own DTJ more so than any other tune that he did

I was listening to Live Era today and I really love the way Sorum handled the whole second half of that too.

1 hour ago, Kapitch_77 said:

4. Ron's tone is awful

5. Pitman's back vocals are terrible

6. No need for 3 guitars

7. the giants screens are cheezy and distracting

8. nugnr were always a big joke

I could somewhat agree with 5. and 6. but the others not so much. I always liked Ron's tone and thought he was the best member in Axl's version of GN'R. The giant screens are necessary for larger events and 8, well, that would can be argued. They had their moments but we all know the bad years from the good, and all of those really depended on Axls voice being Micky style or not. 

15 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i would say that sorum did own DTJ more so than any other tune that he did

I'm glad our resident Double Talkin Jive motherfucker could back me up. 

:) 

Laying down the original drums to a song is easy. You can almost not go wrong. And you will forever have the "right" style, fills, beats and so on. Your drums becomes intimately linked with tha song, it merges to become something more. Anyone else who fails to replicate what you did, will fail. Thats' why no one can play AFD as good as Steven and Matt was "perfect" for so much of UYI. And why Brain/Ferrer will be considered ideal for CD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

Most of these stadiums are fucking domes! 85k-125k max capacity stadiums. I mean in Latin America they could easily sell out  stadiums that big with this line up... But can they do this in the United States in 2016? is the question. Let's hope Axl, Slash, Duff and the rest of them and management know what they're getting themselves into here.

It would be amazing if they actually sold out most of the shows, but they don't need to. Keep in mind even 40,000 in a 70,000 seat stadium is TWICE as many tickets sold as a 20,000 seat arena. Can't imagine expenses are much bigger for the stadium, so the profit potential is enormous compared to arena tour. 

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

It would be amazing if they actually sold out most of the shows, but they don't need to. Keep in mind even 40,000 in a 70,000 seat stadium is TWICE as many tickets sold as a 20,000 seat arena. Can't imagine expenses are much bigger for the stadium, so the profit potential is enormous compared to arena tour. 

Tickets need to be cheap for the nose bleed seats. 

4 hours ago, iceman51999 said:

How fucking cool is it that this band is back and kicking ass- Some of the clips sound amazing - love the reviews- some questions I have I hope somebody that was there can help with- How long was the Jam for DTTJ- The Godfather how long was it ? Axl seem's to really be happy in the videos and I love that - did he do any rants on anybody ? Did Slash and Richard have any moments together? 

The jam in DTJ was a decent length, not as long as the UYI tour tho. The Godfather was the same length as it was before, it sounded a bit heavier when the whole band kicked in! No rants from Axl, just the quick issue with fans gettin crushed during Paradise City. There was a few moments between Slash and Fortus, but as it was a small stage both kinda stayed to their side and met in the middle.

As for YCBM and RQ Axl definitely sang with rasp. There might have been a few moments of his cleaner voice comin through but he sang with intensity and passion. He was not phoning it in like 2012-2014. 

• Like 1

From the clips I've heard the band sounds great except for one giant weak link and surprisingly it's not Axl.

The weak link would be the shit ass drummer Frank.

Someone get that guy off the skins and get Matt or Steve back there cause that dude just blows monkey balls at the AFD tracks.

But other than that, the band sounds tight as hell and Axl's voice sounds like it's getting some of it's power back. Though there were still some Mickey moments. it was his 1st show in 2 years so I'm thinking before the stadium tour starts, his voice should be back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

From the clips I've heard the band sounds great except for one giant weak link and surprisingly it's not Axl.

Someone get that guy off the skins and get Matt or Steve back there cause that dude just blows monkey balls at the AFD tracks.

But other than that, the band sounds tight as hell and Axl's voice sounds like it's getting some of it's power back. Though there were still some Mickey moments. it was his 1st show in 2 years so I'm thinking before the stadium tour starts, his voice should be back.

agreed 100% its glaringly obvious, his hits do not have any impact other than that everyone is getting in top form - need matt or steven to beat the shit out of those drums

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

What do you mean about "cool slide part in the last verse"? Did he use the bottleneck? Was the solo more like Robin, Ashba or did he played something different?

Yeah he played a rhythm part in the last verse with a slide, it sounded pretty cool! Id say the solo was more in line with Robins but Slash definitely put his touch on it, i remember really diggin the end of it in particular.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kwetiauincident said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDvwXwblznW/

Did anyone seen this?

Love seeing them sharing a stage together. Axl looks so happy, energetic - so great to see. 

I've always said - these guys bring out the best in each other. 

12 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

Totally agree.

There's no place for Frank in this reunion tour. We need Steven and Matt. 

Let's hope this happens as the tour rolls out. 

I will say this, as someone who has always been critical of Franks drumming he wasnt as offensive as ive seen him in the past. It seems as if Slash and Duff have given him some pointers and he rocked really hard. And the only mistakes i noticed looked to be made out of nerves. Hes definitely no Adler or Sorum but he did alot better than an other show ive seen since 2010. Still the weakest link though.