Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

26 minutes ago, Theseeker123 said:

Slash to me looks almost uncomfortable, I noticed the same thing

yup. it looks good and weird at the same time seeing duff and slash back in gnr. even for them, i think. it wouldn't surprise me if this was the first or second rehearsal axl did with the band. actually nothing changed...axl came last to gig, was not in the tour bus as far the footages show us and the interaction with slash was decent. axls performance was still good. but in these few clips you can feel that its not a real team yet. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Theseeker123 said:

Slash to me looks almost uncomfortable, I noticed the same thing

Probably because he sold his soul... he can't in his heart feel that playing with some green haired rave girl is what Guns N Roses is about. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Probably because he sold his soul... he can't in his heart feel that playing with some green haired rave girl is what Guns N Roses is about. 

Oh please. No worse than him playing Conspirator sets loaded with GN'R songs. 

Strangely enough, I don’t envy those people who attended the debut event or will attend the shows in Vegas, even though I understand that the band will hardly make it again this far to where I live. I just enjoy reading all the raving reviews and watching the little video snippets that we get. I’m really happy for the band that this whole event played out as it did (contrary to the management's discontent that they were not the first to break the news via the official website). People were sleeping in the streets to get to a GN’R show for $10 in 2016? It just couldn’t get any better than this! Perhaps only if Nicolas Cage, Jim Carrey and Arnold Schwarzenegger had been sleeping next to them… This is really spectacular! And watching Axl not just going through the motions, but rocking out (for real) next to Duff and Slash still feels so surreal.
And many thanks to all the nice people who’ve made extra efforts to share their very special experience with us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scumcat Esq. said:

Strangely enough, I don’t envy those people who attended the debut event or will attend the shows in Vegas, even though I understand that the band will hardly make it again this far to where I live. I just enjoy reading all the raving reviews and watching the little video snippets that we get. I’m really happy for the band that this whole event played out as it did (contrary to the management's discontent that they were not the first to break the news via the official website). People were sleeping in the streets to get to a GN’R show for $10 in 2016? It just couldn’t get any better than this! Perhaps only if Nicolas Cage, Jim Carrey and Arnold Schwarzenegger had been sleeping next to them… This is really spectacular! And watching Axl not just going through the motions, but rocking out (for real) next to Duff and Slash still feels so surreal.
And many thanks to all the nice people who’ve made extra efforts to share their very special experience with us.

I'm hoping for at least Sweden, if not here (Finland).. Or Russia. Last time they did Sweden and Russia, but not Finland and I was too broke to go :( But for this lineup I'll do everything I can to make it to a show either there or Sweden, maybe Denmark :)

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

With all respect to Slash, you're talking about a guy that performed at the fucking superbowl with the Black Eyed Peas and Fergie... A relatively unknown girl in the back of the stage is nothing.

26 minutes ago, maxpax said:

yup. it looks good and weird at the same time seeing duff and slash back in gnr. even for them, i think. it wouldn't surprise me if this was the first or second rehearsal axl did with the band. actually nothing changed...axl came last to gig, was not in the tour bus as far the footages show us and the interaction with slash was decent. axls performance was still good. but in these few clips you can feel that its not a real team yet. 

Everyone who attended the show and posted a review would complete disagree with you. 

We have only seen small clips of 4 songs...there is so much we missed out on and don't have footage of right now. I'm more encouraged by the reviews right now then how a 15 second video looked. 

3 hours ago, CardinalGunner said:

The Frank hate is completely baseless.

Its a nostalgic thing, wanting to see Steven or Matt back there.     That's all it is. 

Truth is, if you heard the audio of the show without any picture, you would probably have no idea who was on the drums. 

They are all fine drummers with a place in GnR history.   Right now, Frank is in that role and he's done a more than respectable job on all the material since he came into the band in 2006.

no, it's more timing and staying in pocket and SCOM was being played on speed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

no, it's more timing and staying in pocket and SCOM was being played on speed

As much as I'm sick of all the Frank hate, this is true. I really wish they'll slow down that song. They're playing it way too fast.

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

LOL, why?   That's a rhetorical question....I'm sorry but if you can't add anything substantive to the conversation, why?   

:blink: You do know that musicians and bands have sponsors?