Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

The Frank hate is completely baseless.

Its a nostalgic thing, wanting to see Steven or Matt back there.     That's all it is. 

Truth is, if you heard the audio of the show without any picture, you would probably have no idea who was on the drums. 

They are all fine drummers with a place in GnR history.   Right now, Frank is in that role and he's done a more than respectable job on all the material since he came into the band in 2006.

• Like 4

Just now, CardinalGunner said:

The Frank hate is completely baseless.

Its a nostalgic thing, wanting to see Steven or Matt back there.     That's all it is. 

Truth is, if you heard the audio of the show without any picture, you would probably have no idea who was on the drums. 

They are all fine drummers with a place in GnR history.   Right now, Frank is in that role and he's done a more than respectable job on all the material since he came into the band in 2006.

YOU would probly have no idea who was on the drums

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

The complaints about Frank just go to show that no matter what, people are going to complain.   

He's a great drummer and happy to see him stay in the band.  

Can't please everyone!  

you must be new on this forum? or gnr fans for that matter

but i agree with you tho, im just fucking glad theyre playing together again, but oc we all wish matt and steven could be there

Edited by shjtjustgotreal

2 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

you must be new on this forum? or gnr fans for that matter

but i agree with you tho, im just fucking glad theyre playing together again, but oc we all wish matt and steven could be there

I'm not complaining if Matt or Steven were there, that would be fine.

But they aren't needed.  

If they were, these shows would not be selling out at these outrageous prices.   

I say that with much respect to everyone who has played in this band for their role in GnR history.    

I just think Frank does just as good of a job, if not better.    They are all fine drummers.   However, I do question if Steven would have it in him to handle a tour at this level.

Of course, others will have different opinions, and that is fine.   But acting like he is some terrible drummer who can't play the material correctly is flat out ridiculous.   Just admit its all about the nostalgia of wanting Steven or Matt.

One thing Frank does, is provide a neutral option to avoid having to pick between Matt or Steven.    Plus he was already in the band for 10 years (longer than Matt or Steven).

• Like 1

Just now, CardinalGunner said:

I'm not complaining if Matt or Steven were there, that would be fine.

But they aren't needed.  

If they were, these shows would not be selling out at these outrageous prices.   

I say that with much respect to everyone who has played in this band for their role in GnR history.    

I just think Frank does just as good of a job, if not better.    They are all fine drummers.   However, I do question if Steven would have it in him to handle a tour at this level.

Of course, others will have different opinions, and that is fine.   But acting like he is some terrible drummer who can't play the material correctly is flat out ridiculous.   Just admit its all about the nostalgia of wanting Steven or Matt.

One thing Frank does, is provide a neutral option to avoid having to pick between Matt or Steven.    Plus he was already in the band for 10 years (longer than Matt or Steven).

well they wouldn't have to pick between matt or steven if they didn't want to, like many people agreed b4, matt should play illusion and steven plays afd, cuz thats how they were recorded

for frank, as ive mentioned, you probably can't tell the difference, but steven's playing fits a lot better, or matt's for the matter. frank is like mike mangini of gnr, only that he's not better than the former drummers