Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

2 minutes ago, spliff said:

scom isn't meant to have that much rasp this one of the few decent version since the 80s

I agree with this....this is beautiful....but the raspy versions are definitely better than Mickey versions, that's as ludicrous as saying WTTJ from the Troubadour was in Mickey voice. 

5 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

well they wouldn't have to pick between matt or steven if they didn't want to, like many people agreed b4, matt should play illusion and steven plays afd, cuz thats how they were recorded

for frank, as ive mentioned, you probably can't tell the difference, but steven's playing fits a lot better, or matt's for the matter. frank is like mike mangini of gnr, only that he's not better than the former drummers

Exactly.  Both Steven and Matt were happy to share drumming at the Rock Hall of Fame. 

I think it would be awesome to see both play at the shows. And since both want to be part of the reunion, it's a no-brainer. 

Edited by madison

13 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

am i the only one that wishes they'd drop paradise city and sweet child from the set list and replace with more singable friendly songs for axl

ie the garden

you're crazy

used to love her

That would go over really well with the average ticket buyer. "They didn't play their biggest hits but at least I heard The Garden"

• Like 2

Just now, thirdeyeuss400 said:

Just found this Audio only video of rocket queen live at the Troubadour...

We already talked about it. No talkbox before the slide solo = not from the troubadour !

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I'm losing track now of what clips etc.. are already in the picture thread. If someone spots something that isn't in there already please tag me. Thanks

Till now I haven't found anything new, Im waiting for someone to leak the clips of Better or CD lol. I will tag you if something new comes up, at the moment the hot topics are Axl's voice and Frankfurt Ferrer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slash787 said:

Till now I haven't found anything new, Im waiting for someone to leak the clips of Better or CD lol. I will tag you if something new comes up, at the moment the hot topics are Axl's voice and Frankfurt Ferrer. 

Frankfurt should be his new name from now on :D:D

and yes i cannot fcking wait for dat Better clip

4 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

well they wouldn't have to pick between matt or steven if they didn't want to, like many people agreed b4, matt should play illusion and steven plays afd, cuz thats how they were recorded

That's not realistic, and its a pipe dream.   Bands don't operate that way and that's not how the world works.   

You have a band, you have one drummer.  

Just because that happened at a one off appearance at the HOF, doesn't it would or should happen on an entire tour.     Lots of former bands regroup for special performances like that at the HOF, but they don't tour that way.   That was like Metallica playing with Jason and Robert on stage for their induction, but they didn't tour with two bassists.   That would be ridiculous.   And more ways the money has to be split.  

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

it's 2016 and things have changed. deal with it or STFU and GTFO.

it's either people bitching about his voice (me), people bitching about izzy and steven, or people reposting the fake rocket queen clip.. not much else to discuss so settle down fella until more footage comes out

20 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

am i the only one that wishes they'd drop paradise city and sweet child from the set list and replace with more singable friendly songs for axl

ie the garden

you're crazy

used to love her

most people who buy a ticket want to hear Paradise and Sweet, but The Garden would be a good song for Axl to sing.

The thing about Axl's voice, is whether it's down to his weight or not. He clearly isn't going to change.

I really thought that he would. But once that pic of him with Slash's daughter came out, the writing was on the wall. He either can't or won't improve things. Even if Steven and Izzy were back, he would still sing like that and be the same size.

From what we've seen, the vocal performance wasn't full on Mickey, he was mostly good. So maybe efforts have been made, but the Mickey voice is now part of how he sings. Unless they put out new material that better suits his current voice, this is it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

Just found this Audio only video of rocket queen live at the Troubadour...

it sounds like we're listening to a song through a baby monitor. 

We really need clean clips to truly know how this song sounded. 

Axl's voice - I think it sounds better in these clips than it did even in 2002.  From the clips we heard moments of very good rasp like the old days and moments with his clean, higher pitch (what some call his Mickey voice).    All things considered, he looks and sounds great for an Axl Rose in his mid 50s.   Can't expect him to sound like his 25 year old self all the time.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

That's not realistic, and its a pipe dream.   Bands don't operate that way and that's not how the world works.   

jesus fucking christ dawg how the fuck would anyone know how the world works? that's an ever changing entity we're talking about

how do you define "realistic"? what you're used to see? this is gnr, any fucking thing can happen. even now it is still pretty un fucking believable that axl shared the stage with slash a couple nights ago

Just now, shjtjustgotreal said:

jesus fucking christ dawg how the fuck would anyone know how the world works? that's an ever changing entity we're talking about

how do you define "realistic"? what you're used to see? this is gnr, any fucking thing can happen. even now it is still pretty un fucking believable that axl shared the stage with slash a couple nights ago

Its not realistic for a band to tour with multiple drummers alternating between songs.    Pointing to a one-off special occasion like the HOF is just that, a special occasion and that happens often at the HOF with band's alumni.   

Bringing this guy to play one set of songs, and that guy to play another set of songs is not how things in work for bands on tour.    For lots of reasons.

The most I could see is bringing someone to come play a song or two, like Izzy used to do.    Not as part of the band, but as a special guest. 

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion.    My opinion is that Frank has done a great job in the band for the last 10 years and I like him there over bringing in someone else.    That's not to take away from guys in the past, they did some great shit. 

Some of you might disagree with me here but I think they should drop some of the apetite songs and play more Use Your Illusions songs especially the ones that have never been played live like don't damn me, garden, locomotive, breakdown...and play others like coma, yesterdays, dead horse, right  next door to hell, shotgun blues etc...I'm sure tons of people would love to hear those and it would be an upgrade nonetheless.

• Like 2

Just now, thirdeyeuss400 said:

Some of you might disagree with me here but I think they should drop some of the apetite songs and play more Use Your Illusions songs especially the ones that have never been played live like don't damn me, garden, locomotive, breakdown...and play others like coma, yesterdays, dead horse, right  next door to hell, shotgun blues etc...I'm sure tons of people would love to hear those and it would be an upgrade nonetheless.

I don't think we're the ones that are gonna disagree.. most likely the casual fans that want to hear the greatest hits

I want to hear/see a full version of KOHD. I'm not a huge fan of the song, but the 6-second clip out in the Interwebs looked LIT and everyone says that was one of the highlights.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

1 minute ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

Someone on one of the periscope streams said he heard part of a warm-up that included parts of Coma. So, maybe we will see some of these songs during the tour. 

1 minute ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

We hardcores like that idea because the AFD songs have been taking up most of the setlist since 2001.  

But the causal fan is going to see Paradise City and SCOM.  

Also, AFD is their biggest album for a reason.   It has their best songs.  

But I'm with you, I'd love to see some of the deeper UYI cuts, and also some CD songs with Slash's spin on them.