04/20/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

Hey guys, 

I'm new here, but I spent all the GNR gigs this year reading this forum. I must say that I really enjoy your online comments on each song, facial expression and Axl's chair dance. I'm happy for this reunion and I hope they'll add So Fine and Dead Horse to the list. But it's difficult to decide which songs should be swapped. I wish they made a four-hour show. :-) 

• Like 4

Looks like another amazing show and I'm loving everything I've seen so far. As someone who doesn't like CD I'm really liking this version of TWAT and I thought Slash's solos were ace. The other songs from CD haven't really done much for me but hey the bands out there killing it every night and I can't wait for more. 

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

guys i went to this show as well...best show since 93 bar none, axl took it to a whole other level - every fucking song was amazing, my michelle incredible, don't cry, NR  those were the highlights for me

i've waited since i was a kid for this and now I've gotten pretty much what I always wanted and never thought I'd get

I'm on the verge of feeling almost depressed it was so good, I don't know if that makes sense? The big high of being a part of that show and now back to reality.... I've gotten what I've always wanted.

The last 2 nights have been amazing, I am hoping for the same experience for the full  tour. I have really enjoyed watching them kill it the last few shows. I have never in my life looked forward to watching a periscope video and talking on a forum about how awesome a song was in my life, until now. These last couple of weeks have been really cool.

I hope they continue to get better and more comfortable together. With the exception of some of the Coachella set they have gotten better every show. Axl's voice is sounding pretty good now. I just hope he can keep it going for the tour.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Guys, can you tell me the highlights of last night? Thank you :) 5-7 songs would be nice

my michelle was number 1 - axl hit every note

November rain close 2nd - axl and slash in perfect harmony

don't cry - goose bumps, they did it exactly like a studio recording

estranged - just taken away by it

this i love - man i never really liked that song, but slash is doing it a lot of favors

better - duff doing the intro singing man thats the shit

new rose - i like duff singing it

every song rocked!!!!! fuck i may have to retire from the forum now (been here since the late 90s and waiting for this) I am complete

• Like 1

Just checked TWAT. I was actually surprised that it was Slash who was doing the solo. It's a shame he fucked up that note in the beginning, apart from that, he did much better on it that I would have expected. It's the first solo that he's obviously learned from the original. I'm wondering whether it's some kind of respect to the amazing work Buckethead did on TWAT. 

Edited by BatVin

7 minutes ago, hypird said:

Twat

Ah, that second half is just so good. Both Axl and Slash fuckin' nail the ending. I also really love Franks drumming here, is it a change or has he always done TWAT in this way? Some of the fills he's put in during the solo are just great. 

I don't understand all the love for TWAT. The recorded version is great, but live it sounds like a train wreck no matter which incarnation tries it. Axl is barely listenable during the beginning. I went to both Vegas shows and I am thankful I got Coma both nights. To be honest, hearing Slash do the Chinese songs feels a little dirty. Just a constant reminder of all the lost years.

3 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

gtfo

geez record year for artists passing away

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

my michelle was number 1 - axl hit every note

November rain close 2nd - axl and slash in perfect harmony

don't cry - goose bumps, they did it exactly like a studio recording

estranged - just taken away by it

this i love - man i never really liked that song, but slash is doing it a lot of favors

better - duff doing the intro singing man thats the shit

new rose - i like duff singing it

every song rocked!!!!! fuck i may have to retire from the forum now (been here since the late 90s and waiting for this) I am complete

they didnt play my world 

The show was awesome, i have liked they play Coma instead of TWAT, that's, and the fuckin' rain, was the worst part, I agree that the animation in November Rain is so much lame, I enjoyed the show, but I think the 19 one was better, with Axl in a better mood, I now have post-concert depression, want another GnFR show in Mexico!!

• Like 1

I think I can speak on behalf for every Guns N' Roses fan here who anticipated this reunion more than everything... The slight setlist changes... review it!

01 - It's So Easy
02 - Mr. Brownstone
03 - Chinese Democracy
04 - Welcome to the Jungle
05 - Double Talkin' Jive
06 - Estranged 
07 - Live and Let Die
08 - Rocket Queen
09 - You Could Be Mine
10 - You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory / New Rose - INSTEAD of this we should get COMA!!!!!
11 - This I Love
12 - There Was a Time
13 - The Godfather
14 - Sweet Child O' Mine
15 - Better
16 - My Michelle
17 - Wish You Were Here / Layla
18 - November Rain
19 - Knockin' On Heavens Doors
20 - Nightrain

* and CIVIL WAR shoud be staple and constant in SETLIST!!!

**ENCORE**
21 - Don't Cry
22 - Yesterdays
23 - The Seeker - INSTEAD of this we should get Patience!!!!
24 - PARADISE CITY

* So in a nutshell all Im saying is instead of covers - let Patience, Coma and Civil War be constant with addition of fuckin awesome Yesterdays and My Michelle and Don't Cry and TWAT!!! THat would be PERFECT setlist!!! Thoghts?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I think I can speak on behalf for every Guns N' Roses fan here who anticipated this reunion more than everything... The slight setlist changes... review it!

01 - It's So Easy
02 - Mr. Brownstone
03 - Chinese Democracy
04 - Welcome to the Jungle
05 - Double Talkin' Jive
06 - Estranged 
07 - Live and Let Die
08 - Rocket Queen
09 - You Could Be Mine
10 - You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory / New Rose - INSTEAD of this we should get COMA!!!!!
11 - This I Love
12 - There Was a Time
13 - The Godfather
14 - Sweet Child O' Mine
15 - Better
16 - My Michelle
17 - Wish You Were Here / Layla
18 - November Rain
19 - Knockin' On Heavens Doors
20 - Nightrain

* and CIVIL WAR shoud be staple and constant in SETLIST!!!

**ENCORE**
21 - Don't Cry
22 - Yesterdays
23 - The Seeker - INSTEAD of this we should get Patience!!!!
24 - PARADISE CITY

* So in a nutshell all Im saying is instead of covers - let Patience, Coma and Civil War be constant with addition of fuckin awesome Yesterdays and My Michelle and Don't Cry and TWAT!!! THat would be PERFECT setlist!!! Thoghts?

I don't disagree with anything you stated above. Not sure why Patience isn't a staple.