08/22/16 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

downzy

4 hours ago, AlexC said:

If they played There Was a Time more often Axl would easily nail it. It's no harder than Back in Black material.

Been saying this for years, same goes for Prostitute, Catcher, Shacklers...anything really. 

To be fair, it's not the high notes that make Twat a bitch to sing; he does those in Heaven's Door every night: it's the lack of any space to breathe and all the mid-range verses where he has less power. 

That SLAXL pic..   Oh lord...

Things are going cool, chill, and nice inside guns n' roses. 

Cant wait to see the best posible vídeos of this show. ( scopes were lame most of the show)

Love u with my soul GNR.  Thanks  for existing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlexC said:

If they played There Was a Time more often Axl would easily nail it. It's no harder than Back in Black material.

Totally agree 100%. Look how far Coma has come. There are 2 songs Axl needs to just stand still, chill and focus on his vocals, and they are Coma and TWAT. The difference between the two are with Coma, Axl has found his break points and a comfort level. When to cut a note short, or when to hold. And knowing he cant sing the outro, properly, running all over th stage. Therfore Coma has went from a song that was near unthinkable to ever be heard live again, to a staple of the set that sounds great almost every night. Which is amazing considering the level of difficulty . 

TWAT could be the same. But its just not played enough. The  level of difficulty for that song is beyond  extremely high. And it's not that Axl can't hit the notes he most definitely can. By all accounts it seems he just still hasn't figured out how to consistently perform it live without having to think about it. I certainly hope but if there is a DVD in the works that that version TWAT doesn't make the cut. He definitely has a better prefomance of this song in him.

I also thought IUTLH sounded like it was sang without using his chest or diaphragm. Could be he's vocally spent. Which is totally understandable . Whenever he sings in the lower rangss and it sounds weak, it really sounds like hes not singing using his diaphram, hence no power to push out the vocals.

With that being said, this first leg of the tour was amazing and Axl was incredible. And I think it will only  get better!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

missed you last night! i went to bed early but then i got this feeling so i got back on just in time to see Used To Love Her and then There Was A Time :) 

you woke up at a good time!  I woke up around 430 am so it was too late,  missed you guys too! been so much fun periscoping all of the shows :heart:

• Like 1

Awesome show. The crowd was dancing and really into it. People stood throughout most of the songs. Every song sounded good and there were no cringeworthy moments in any of them. There were a couple of mistakes, but that is to be expected in a live show. I don't know what happened to Axl during UTLH, but he stopped singing for a moment. November Rain and Estranged( which I have complained about Axl's vocals in the past) sounded fine. November Rain has really improved. Axl did a great job last night. Nothing to complain about there. The man is still the king at 54.

As for Slash, what else can be said about him? The man is amazing. He was really mobile and putting on a show. His solo( Godfather theme) is always a highlight.

It was a great show and worth every penny. Was it as good as when I saw them in their prime? No. BUT it is possibly the best rock n'roll show on the planet at the moment. To be able to perform at a high level for 3 hours at their age is really admirable. GNR songs are a young man's game and these geezers lol pulled it off really well.

I hope when they come back to the States that they perform in arenas. The sound is much better. 

It is going to be insane watching these guys perform in front of 80000 insane South Americans. 

P.S .  CD songs suck as much live as they do on Periscope. There was a Time was a bit tolerable, but I would have preferred another Illusions song instead. 

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

That SLAXL pic..   Oh lord...

Things are going cool, chill, and nice inside guns n' roses. 

Cant wait to see the best posible vídeos of this show. ( scopes were lame most of the show)

Love u with my soul GNR.  Thanks  for existing.

scopes last night were the worst i'd seen. i wonder why?

29 minutes ago, itsy said:

holy SHIT twat was awesome..  i have not heard slash play it live before and i was nervous listening to it because its a tough song, and god damn slash respected the fuck out of that solo.  he really sold me on it.

Slash has made CD songs so much better.

Sorry used to be so meh before, but now with that solo, he has made it so much better. 

But Im tired of these CD songs, like I always wanted to see Slash's take on it and we got it now, they should just stop playing it and play something new. 

I would like to see Madagascar and Street of dreams rather than Sorry,CD and Catcher.