05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It rather is. For me the 'reunion' fizzled out after the Troubador show.

The entire tour fizzled out? After an unofficial secret club warm up show?

Man, 10, perhaps even 5 years ago we wouldn't have even known it was taking place or had any footage from it for a very long time afterwards.

Talk about gluttony

6 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Do what i did in 2010 to Vienna

Enjoy the show and hitchhike back, from what i can tell Netherlands and belgium are very hitch friendly

If you're lucky, you are home around 10 AM. 140 km is not much. I did approximately 600 km on a single day a few years back

Lol, that signature is awesome.

6 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Man, 10, perhaps even 5 years ago we wouldn't have even known it was taking place or had any footage from it for a very long time afterwards.

Talk about gluttony

The Mexico shows were magical even though mother nature did her best to spoil them, the only downer has been Coachella and that had nothing to do with band.

• Like 2

Really cool setlist I must say. I was surprised that GSRNRT made the cut - I was expecting all ROB songs minus the title track to be dropped. Instead, the overall set was extended to 22 songs instead of the usual 20. I can't say I was expecting Angus to do that, so that's just awesome. All the more reason for me to go to the Buffalo show!

It's so weird hearing people chant for Axl just as the bell starts for Hells Bells. Never in a million years did I think we'd be seeing this. Now to wait for more and more videos to surface...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Talk about gluttony

I guess I just cannot get excited about it to begin with. Obviously the Troub show held the initial excitement of Axl and Slash, on stage together for the first time, but once that is gone, you see the flaws in the whole thing. Firstly, it lacks my favourite Guns N' Roses member (Stradlin). How can I get excited about a reunion when it lacks the person I see as most pivotal, who I prefer? Secondly, it is clearly a Nugnr set-up with Slash and Duff having to pay penance for their heinous crimes. Thirdly, there was little chemistry. Slash simply looked like he wanted to fuck off back to Myles and the Conspirators - I've seen more enthusiasm in Bob Willis - and the time signatures were to fast, rendering the music limp and lifeless, reminding me of The Stones at certain points in their career. The drumming was clanky and pushed so high in the mix that it grated. Then there is this pointless keyboardist - do not know what she does? (nobody seems to?) Axl's voice was basically the same as it has been since 2011, i.e. woeful. At best, it was a marginal improvement (and even then I'm stretching things).

DC put on one of the greatest shows in the business and Axl has just delivered his greatest vocal performance since Argentina 1993. Angus's years drop off him. The band sounded raw, yet tight. They sounded like a rock n' roll band.

There is little comparison.

• Like 4

I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about. He did basically the same setlist with a couple added songs one being riff raff which we already heard with GN'R. He sounded great yes but he was seated the whole time and ACDC isn't like the most entertaining band by a long shot. It's just 2 guys really the singer and Angus. It was super cool but people saying it's better than any GN'R show especially if they are GN'R fans first is just stupid. I watched the whole thing on periscope as well.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Seen a couple YouTube comments attacking him for sitting in a chair. It's hilarious that a lot of the people who rant against him reveal their own flaws. 

People who comment on youtube are the scum of the earth and shouldnt even be considered as human beings

18 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

these people thinking this is better than reunion...

It's a valid opinion. Especially if the current version of GnR doesn't release or play new music.

We've seen Axl, Slash and Duff share the stage numerous times. They probably did 400-500 shows together. Watching them play Mr Brownstone for the 483th time together isn't that exciting for some of us. 

It's like going to your 20-year reunion and having sex with your high school sweetheart. Twenty years ago she was perky, hot and weighed 115 pounds. Today she has had four kids, weighs 165 pounds and is saggy all over. The reunion was fun and cool, but doesn't compare to how things were twenty years ago. 

I would much rather go see Axl front AC/DC and hear him sing 20 new songs than pay $350 to go see Axl/Slash play PC for the 400th time. 

Without new music the reunion isn't that special to me. 

• Like 2

fuckin hell guys.... That was something special. Some of that was his best stuff in 25 years.

I prefer the higher temp rosie as previously mentioned, but i cant fault the show.

He's gonna win over ALOT. Hopefully this is the same standard for all the shows.

Edited by Axl_morris

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I can explain why it is for me.. There were a lot of questions about acdc, what happened with Brian Johnson, why axl, how it happened Along with the bands short term and long term plans. They released a brief video clip showing how United they are. It doesn't feel like a cash grab, it feels like they believe they owe their fans and want to fulfill their obligations with a kick ass singer who just wants to do justice with a band he loves. We still have little answers with GNR..

So for me, it's just the fact that acdc has created a lot more comfort in helping me understand what I'm watching. I'm not sure I can say the same thing with GNR.

Consider the cirucmstances though. with AC/DC its not nearly as nasty. They have answers like why Brian had to be replaced. because he's fucked his hearing and the band doesnt want him to be totally deaf.

With GUNS, its so much more complicated..the cold war between Slash and Axl lasted 20 years, and alot of shit was said between that time. Can you imagine how awkward that interview would be? I personally wouldnt to see it. Im not entitled enough to believe I need grown men to give me explanations on shit that isnt any of my goddamn business in the first place. All people need to do is sit back and enjoy the shows. If there will be an Interview, It will be Eddie Trunk conducting it. Why would Axl be in a hurry to do photo shoots with magazines that have spent decades shitting on him or making fun of him and his band? Or with journalists whom have had little good to say about him?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:
I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about. He did basically the same setlist with a couple added songs one being riff raff which we already heard with GN'R. He sounded great yes but he was seated the whole time and ACDC isn't like the most entertaining band by a long shot. It's just 2 guys really the singer and Angus. It was super cool but people saying it's better than any GN'R show especially if they are GN'R fans first is just stupid. I watched the whole thing on periscope as well.

Agreed. Axl was great tonight and I'm glad it went well, and I even have tickets for the AC/DC show in Vienna, but I'm already waiting for this whole AC/DC thing to be over.

I'm a GnR fan, not an AC/DC fan, and I want to have great concerts, interviews, new music etc with GnR and nothing else.

• Like 2

I think its clear that Axl enjoys AC/DC a lot more than Guns. Listen to the way he sings those songs. 

No emotional baggage or business-related burdens associated with the performance. Just him singing songs he loves, and busting his ass to earn the respect of the crowd. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Agreed. Axl was great tonight and I'm glad it went well, and I even have tickets for the AC/DC show in Vienna, but I'm already waiting for this whole AC/DC thing to be over.

I'm a GnR fan, not an AC/DC fan, and I want to have great concerts, interviews, new music etc with GnR and nothing else.

Get ready for it to be more likely we hear Axl on a DC record... 

1 minute ago, Lumikki said:

I'm a fan of both bands and currently have tickets to see both of them, ACDC in Cleveland and Guns in Pittsburgh but with Axl seated in the chair and singing other peoples songs just isn't his "greatest performance in 25 years" give me a fucking break what is that shit. It's not like ACDC sounded better than they do on their CD's??? Plus again Axl can sound as amazing as possible but seated in a chair it wasn't his best PERFORMANCE. It was like listining to ACDC on spotify just worse qaulity because it was live.

6 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

is there any video thread?

anyways

Axl sounds amazing. 

I am praying they release a live CD and DVD of this tour. 

And how amazing would an Axl fronted AC/DC album be? When is the last time we've heard Axl put this much energy and raw aggression into singing?

An album where Axl is channeling Bon and Lemmy instead of Elton and Mercury. Hell yes, count me in.