05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

Looking forward to Hells Bells and Have A Drink On Me popping up on YouTube in clear sound! I was hoping for Touch Too Much but hopefully they play it somewhere along the way or the rehearsal audio makes it out. Great start!

13 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

As far as tables being turned, when Axl sucks we say it. When Myles sounds better than him, I say it. I don't have any problem with that. Sweet Child is a good example where Myles does a much better job than Axl. 

That's not what I mean and you know it.

Ok so i will go to their show in Werchter belgium, i will have myself a ride to get there but i have no idea how to get back XD 140 km away and no money for a hotel or train back once i book the show :P this is going to be an adventure!! but it'll be worth it

• Like 1

That was an amazing show from Axl. He was going 110% the entire time, he's gotta be crossing that show off his bucket list right about now. :lol:

I really hope they release at least Thunderstruck or Hells Bells from this show on youtube, or a soundboard gets leaked or something, cuz I need to listen to this again.

• Like 1

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

That's not what I mean and you know it.

OK, then. Let's play your scenario. Tables are turned. Axl Rose goes full Mickey Mouse again and is replaced in GN'R by someone who does a much better job on the material. I wouldn't have a problem with it, especially considering Axl is unwilling to release studio material whereas a new singer would likely pump out new material much faster with Slash/Duff.

But this scenario is not even possible since Axl owns the name. If he retires, GN'R is done. Angus and Malcolm were in the same spot with AC/DC and now it's just Angus who runs the show. I think the right thing for him to do would be retire the band name, but he wants to keep going another 10 years supposedly. 

1 minute ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

these people thinking this is better than reunion...

I can't even explain why, and I can't believe I'm saying it, but I am way more excited over this than I have been over the "reunion". With the reunion, I still have sort of negative emotions around it, even though it's great to see Slash and Axl together, there's just something not sitting right with me. 

This was just Axl fucking blowing everyone away, doing what he's meant to do, and shows why I just absolutely love the guy, especially after the sort of joke that he's become to a lot of people. And it was just a lot of fun. Axl's clearly loving it.

• Like 4

Slightly off topic, but if GNR were to do the next shows with Steven and Izzy with Axl performing like tonight I'm pretty sure that every next rock magazine that decides to rank frontmans will have to consider Axl as nr.1

8 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Ok so i will go to their show in Werchter belgium, i will have myself a ride to get there but i have no idea how to get back XD 140 km away and no money for a hotel or train back once i book the show :P this is going to be an adventure!! but it'll be worth it

Do what i did in 2010 to Vienna

Enjoy the show and hitchhike back, from what i can tell Netherlands and Belgium are very hitch friendly

If you're lucky, you are home around 10 AM. 140 km is not much. I did approximately 600 km on a single day a few years back

Edited by Strange Broue