05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

24 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Do what i did in 2010 to Vienna

Enjoy the show and hitchhike back, from what i can tell Netherlands and Belgium are very hitch friendly

If you're lucky, you are home around 10 AM. 140 km is not much. I did approximately 600 km on a single day a few years back

Huge Respect!!! haha i love this fanship we share for this band, i am certainly going to do that! i don't give a shit you know? I HAVE to see that show!

1 minute ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I'm a fan of both bands and currently have tickets to see both of them, ACDC in Cleveland and Guns in Pittsburgh but with Axl seated in the chair and singing other peoples songs just isn't his "greatest performance in 25 years" give me a fucking break what is that shit. It's not like ACDC sounded better than they do on their CD's??? Plus again Axl can sound as amazing as possible but seated in a chair it wasn't his best PERFORMANCE. It was like listining to ACDC on spotify just worse qaulity because it was live.

Were you at the show?

And you prefer to see a singer running around out of breath rather than staying on one spot and his voice being spot on? Different strokes for different folks! I enjoy concerts more when the singer's vocals are on point. If I wanna see a singer dancing I'll go to a Rhianna show. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I'm a fan of both bands and currently have tickets to see both of them, ACDC in Cleveland and Guns in Pittsburgh but with Axl seated in the chair and singing other peoples songs just isn't his "greatest performance in 25 years" give me a fucking break what is that shit. It's not like ACDC sounded better than they do on their CD's??? Plus again Axl can sound as amazing as possible but seated in a chair it wasn't his best PERFORMANCE. It was like listining to ACDC on spotify just worse qaulity because it was live.

Really? Name a performance by Axl that remotely comes close to that? The guy has been producing shite since 2001. ''Thunderstruck'' - that is the rasp everyone yearns for! There it is!

Unless you like wheezy high Mickey vocals and fluffed lines?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Get ready for it to be more likely we hear Axl on a DC record... 

Perhaps Axl may the think the grass is greener on the other side but the reality is the music ACDC produce now is shit, i think we can all agree. Also how much would be allowed to contribute, i can picture Angus now, " Here you go Axl sing on this, make sure you make at least 5 rock n roll references in every song and stuff about us being in a traveling band etc ''.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Really? Name a performance by Axl that remotely comes close to that? The guy has been producing shite since 2001. ''Thunderstruck'' - that is the rasp everyone yearns for! There it is!

Unless you like wheezy high Mickey vocals and fluffed lines?

I like Axl being Axl not sitting in a chair!!!! The way Axl moves and runs and dances is what made him Axl. If he would have stood in one spot from the beginning he wouldn't have the following he does today. In my opinion any performance where he isn't sitting has been better than any that he is. Not vocally maybe but alltogether.

7 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I don't know if you noticed but he's been sitting in a chair for Guns too.

Just now, StoneTempleRoses said:

I like Axl being Axl not sitting in a chair!!!! The way Axl moves and runs and dances is what made him Axl. If he would have stood in one spot from the beginning he wouldn't have the following he does today. In my opinion any performance where he isn't sitting has been better than any that he is. Not vocally maybe but alltogether.

Just now, StoneTempleRoses said:

All the seated GNR shows were better than this ACDC show anyway, he didn't write these songs.

He sounded like shit though. Here you had full on vintage rasp.

2 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Lol, no. 

Axl's voice is what made him the greatest rock singer of our generation. Not the snake dance and moved he stole from Richard Black. 

Surely one of the great paradoxes of rock n roll.

Axl seems hugely inspired singing balls to the wall rock n roll with AC/DC and sounds incredible. He was lucky enough to capture some of this lightning  in a bottle with his own band. Yet he spent 15 years chasing a sound that was more and more removed from this 

Edited by LA_0013
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Consider the cirucmstances though. with AC/DC its not nearly as nasty. They have answers like why Brian had to be replaced. because he's fucked his hearing and the band doesnt want him to be totally deaf.

With GUNS, its so much more complicated..the cold war between Slash and Axl lasted 20 years, and alot of shit was said between that time. Can you imagine how awkward that interview would be? I personally wouldnt to see it. Im not entitled enough to believe I need grown men to give me explanations on shit that isnt any of my goddamn business in the first place. All people need to do is sit back and enjoy the shows. If there will be an Interview, It will be Eddie Trunk conducting it. Why would Axl be in a hurry to do photo shoots with magazines that have spent decades shitting on him or making fun of him and his band? Or with journalists whom have had little good to say about him?

Well I think GNR have answers, it's just pretty clear that acdc know how to communicate and understand why it's important, whereas axl probably doesn't. And the Cold War I mean lol are things still so awkward between them that they can't even say anything seperate?!?! And you would think of they're getting along great with these stories such as axl cracking jokes to slash backstage at the troubadour and what not, I mean cmon.

Its got nothing to do with entitlement. It's just taking an incredibly drawn picture and highlighting the colors for your fans to see the beauty in. ACDC get it and that's why they've been as successful as they have been, GNR have not so if fans are more excited about acdc than the GNR "reunion", it's kind of understandable.

7 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Perhaps Axl may the think the grass is greener on the other side but the reality is the music ACDC produce now is shit, i think we can all agree. Also how much would be allowed to contribute, i can picture Angus now, " Here you go Axl sing on this, make sure you make at least 5 rock n roll references in every song and stuff about us being in a traveling band etc ''.

Except Axl would help write the album. 

6 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Pro shot! 

This video is awesome, if we get more pro shot songs I might change my tune. I just hated the periscope really because it's so boring, Axl in one spot and the only other guy that matters "Angus" was only in them occasionally with the GNR shows at least it was interesting to see Slash Duff and Richard and even Frank moreso than some 60 year old that isn't phil rudd lol

Edited by StoneTempleRoses

23 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Axl sounds amazing. 

I am praying they release a live CD and DVD of this tour. 

And how amazing would an Axl fronted AC/DC album be? When is the last time we've heard Axl put this much energy and raw aggression into singing?

An album where Axl is channeling Bon and Lemmy instead of Elton and Mercury. Hell yes, count me in.  

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

AXL VOICE IS FUCKING BACK

NOW WE ONLY NEED IZZY AND STEVEN TO HAVE GUNS N ROSES FUCKING BACK!

2 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Surely of the great paradoxes of rock n roll.

Axl seems hugely inspired singing balls to the wall rock n roll with AC/DC and sounds incredible. He was lucky enough to capture some of this lightening in a bottle with his own band. Yet he spent 15 years chasing a sound that was more and more removed from this 

That's what I'm saying!!!

Axl has been trying to match up with Mercury and Elton John when his wheelhouse should be Bon and Lemmy!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well I think GNR have answers, it's just pretty clear that acdc know how to communicate and understand why it's important, whereas axl probably doesn't. And the Cold War I mean lol are things still so awkward between them that they can't even say anything seperate?!?! And you would think of they're getting along great with these stories such as axl cracking jokes to slash backstage at the troubadour and what not, I mean cmon.

Its got nothing to do with entitlement. It's just taking an incredibly drawn picture and highlighting the colors for your fans to see the beauty in. ACDC get it and that's why they've been as successful as they have been, GNR have not so if fans are more excited about acdc than the GNR "reunion", it's kind of understandable.

The Difference being AC/DC sorta had to come out and say something because they were being accused of basically giving Brain a kick in the ass and replacing him. And they had a portion of their fanbase up in arms and returning tickets. GNR are having no issue to sell this tour..they've sold out all shows so far. and chugging along nicely for the NA tour in the summer. 

Yes it is entitlement. Their relationships are personal. why do you think they'd be in a hurry to speak on it. they were able to bury the hachet only about a year ago. Before that Axl spent 2 decades hating Slash's guts. Like I said, if and when they are ready to speak, they'll do so with Trunk. otherwise stop demanding them do something they may not care to do. 

• Like 1